Anytime Dining Questions

AngAndBoys

I have been on several cruises but booked ATD for the one coming up next month. I keep seeing posts alluding to making reservations for ATD? I thought you just showed up whenever you wanted to eat?

Also, any tips or things I should know to enhance the ATD experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Love Anytime Dining. You can go anytime from 5:45-9:00 I think. We usually go about 6:15 or so. You can ask for the same wait staff each night (or they might ask you if you want them) or you can move around.

I think the longest I have ever waited for a table was 10 minutes, when we arrived about 7:15 one evening. Some people try to time it so not to hear the waiters sing, etc., but I like the show -- it's part of being on a cruise! I don't get a show at home for dinner unless my 9 year old decides he wants to show off!

I've never made an appointment for a certain time in the 3 times we have had ATD.

On Carnival you can't make reservations for ATD. On Royal Caribbean we were offered the opportunity to book reservations for the next night or for the week if we chose. We did that because we wanted to have dinner at 7PM and that isn't a scheduled time in the MDR.

On Carnival going at that time, we usually had a wait. Our first cruise on Dream that we used ATD, we found a wait team we loved and had to wait every night for them. If you are willing to go really early, ie 5:45 or quite late, doubtful that you will have to wait if you want a particular team.

Should it not make a difference, as our last Dream cruise, we went whenever and got whatever team was available. We really didn't have to wait. By the way, there were just 2 of us on this cruise and our first one had 4 people.

ATD is up to you to decide and if you just take anyone, unless you have a large group, you probably won't have to wait.

No reservation required, at least that is what we found on our last cruise on the Conquest. We did find a wait staff that we liked and requested them each evening. Only 1 evening was there a wait as they only had a table for 8 available at that time we arrived (we were a party of 4).

They gave us the choice of being seated immediately with another server or waiting for a table to open. After about 10 minutes or so they seated our party of 4 at the open 8 seat table, no problem.

Love Anytime Dining. You can go anytime from 5:45-9:00 I think. We usually go about 6:15 or so. You can ask for the same wait staff each night (or they might ask you if you want them) or you can move around.

I think the longest I have ever waited for a table was 10 minutes, when we arrived about 7:15 one evening. Some people try to time it so not to hear the waiters sing, etc., but I like the show -- it's part of being on a cruise! I don't get a show at home for dinner unless my 9 year old decides he wants to show off!

I've never made an appointment for a certain time in the 3 times we have had ATD.

I would prefer NOT to experience the singing waiters......what time do they sing?

I have a friend who just did ATD and loved it...she is going with us on our cruise and I have booked us for early seating and have been thinking about changing to ATD. My question is with ATD do you sit with your party or can you be seated with other people like in the standard dining?

I have a friend who just did ATD and loved it...she is going with us on our cruise and I have booked us for early seating and have been thinking about changing to ATD. My question is with ATD do you sit with your party or can you be seated with other people like in the standard dining?

In my experience, they will seat your party alone, not seat you with anyone else.

Jim

They sing around 20-30 minutes before the end of set time dining.

Do they sing twice a night?

If you had set dining either early or late they would sing once for each sitting.

We have ATD and would probably go to the dining room around 5:45 - 6:00. Will we get to see the singing waiters?

Do they sing twice a night?

If you had set dining either early or late they would sing once for each sitting.

We have ATD and would probably go to the dining room around 5:45 - 6:00. Will we get to see the singing waiters?

Yes, I've experienced the singing waiters at that time, usually prior to dessert being served.

Archived