Well, this sucks....I logged into the VIFP site...

popsec

This is a real slap in the face to all Platinum members...

To actually take away benefits after promising for three years that there would be enhancements...

And for anyone who promised that we would be "happy" with this "brilliant" program, well, you were either being used or were intentionally misleading us.

John will and deserves to take it from many now...it's one thing to change the program but his stating that nobody will lose anything and guaranteed happiness for all is clearly not what has happened. This was not his decision clearly, so he should have just said no comment. No past guest party is not a big deal to me....

My biggest pet peeve in life is being lied to. For months John Heald has said we will NOT lose anything. Well I went from gold to red and have lost the past guest party. I know big deal right. Well the big deal to me is the lies. I am very disappointed.

Yep you and me both. I hate being LIED to.

John will and deserves to take it from many now...it's one thing to change the program but his stating that nobody will lose anything and guaranteed happiness for all is clearly not what has happened. This was not his decision clearly, so he should have just said no comment. No past guest party is not a big deal to me....

I am not sure if this is true or not - but I have heard that they are going to have Past Guest - or now, VIFP - parties at 11:00 on a port day? If so, that is just plain stupid. That will be canceled next due to "poor attendance". Imagine that?:confused:

I am not sure if this is true or not - but I have heard that they are going to have Past Guest - or now, VIFP - parties at 11:00 on a port day? If so, that is just plain stupid. That will be canceled next due to "poor attendance". Imagine that?:confused:

That one better be a rumor... we dont need to lose any of the few perks that we get after already having some taken away..

Looks like what someone else said is right... they are moving toward the new cruiser.. one who doesnt care about the food or entertainment or loyatly perks.... they have nothing to lose and dont know what it was like to cruise when we all built up those cruises!

I would not doubt it.

I have seen the past guest party held during port days already.

It is like inviting people to a party because you know that they can't come anyway.

That one better be a rumor... we dont need to lose any of the few perks that we get after already having some taken away..

Looks like what someone else said is right... they are moving toward the new cruiser.. one who doesnt care about the food or entertainment or loyatly perks.... they have nothing to lose and dont know what it was like to cruise when we all built up those cruises!

Here is how I heard: Someone came back from a cruise within the last week or so and reported here on CC that the past guest party was held at 11 am on a port day. So take it for what it's worth.

I'll be watching for others comments and reviews after returning.

What a load of cr@p!! Three years in the making????? WOW - I need to get a job as Carnival Management - seems like you don't need any qualifications or common sense even or understanding of the industry or its customers!

Yep, this is disappointing, but not a surprise. Last December, Carnival started taking things away from platinum guests and that was a sign of things to come. I am 95 days away from being diamond just to get back some of the things that was lost.

you people are really truly something else... why is it that people get all bitchy about not getting anything for free?? you are dealing with a business that has spent billions of dollars on these ships to make your vacation better.. and your bitching because you lost 40 points or you lost your unlimited laundry service.. plain stupid.. cruise else where if you dont like it. damn!

why did you even log into this thread? and are you reading the posts? The people are angry that they have been lied to. Do you like lies?

I think the main issue is consistently being told how great (better?) the new program would be.

I realize all cruiselines have revamped their programs, NCL too just last year.

There have so many cutbacks over the past years already.

<rant over>

I am stilll happy I can cruise and have a good time.

I have 66 days, but still platinum. As far as I can see, the only thing I have totally lost is the guaranteed MDR reservation. No unlimited laundry for me, but the amount allowed is certainly sufficient. EM

why did you even log into this thread? and are you reading the posts? The people are angry that they have been lied to. Do you like lies?

yes i have read the threads.. its bitching and complaining one after another... no i dont like being lied to but you know what.. we are all adults.. its part of life.. if i had a nickle for every time i was lied to.. i would be rich..

me, you or anyone else cant do anything about this change. ya you can try and just make yourselves mad but whats the point???? if you dont like the change go else where... thats business.. i have no problem with any of the changes. because im choosing to cruise Carnival. if i did have a problem there are plenty more ships to go on..

yes i have read the threads.. its bitching and complaining one after another... no i dont like being lied to but you know what.. we are all adults.. its part of life.. if i had a nickle for every time i was lied to.. i would be rich..

me, you or anyone else cant do anything about this change. ya you can try and just make yourselves mad but whats the point???? if you dont like the change go else where... thats business.. i have no problem with any of the changes. because im choosing to cruise Carnival. if i did have a problem there are plenty more ships to go on..

No, we cannot do anything about the change - but we can voice our opinions and thoughts. And thanks for permission to go on another ship or another cruise line - I'll entertain the idea. Thanks. ;)

I have 66 days, but still platinum. As far as I can see, the only thing I have totally lost is the guaranteed MDR reservation. No unlimited laundry for me, but the amount allowed is certainly sufficient. EM

So question.. are you upset because now you have a chance of actually having to wait to eat? I dont understand what everyone is so upset about.. (other than being lied to)

Um, are you bitching and complaining about others bitching and complaining?

im simply stating a point that grown ass adults are on here complaining about not getting anything for free and being lied to.. what do we teach our kids??? nothing is sugar coated.. we all should know this.

Archived