Eurodam SS or SC

winste

Hello

It has been about 10 years since being on a cruise. We are looking at going on HAL for the fourth time. We are not your typical HAL cruiser as we were in early 30's last time.

I am looking at either an aft SC cabin with wrap around balcony or an SS midships on Eurodam. Category SA is just a little more than we want to spend.

The pictures of the SC I have seen makes it look like it is just a little bigger than an SS. Being so far away from the neptune lounge, I am not sure how much we will use it.

I'm just wondering if we should save $600 and go with the SS. We would be on a higher deck which I like. But the wrap around balcony sure looks nice.

Opinions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Opinions? watch them come. There are a lot of aft fans on these boards:):) and the verandas can be very nice.

Here's the main thing - do vibrations bother you or noises? If they do stay with your SS.

If they don't grab that SC and enjoy breakfast every morning:)

Neptune lounge is nice - I like their coffee - but heck - just bring a mug and a couple of cups back (and the saucers of course) and enjoy it on your fabulous veranda. Same thing with the munchies and every thing else there:)

We are SC aft-wrap addicts.:D That 270 degree view is unmatched and the soothing sound of the wake is hypnotizing. Very few bad vibrations. Plus, the dining room is right down the aft elevators.

That said, do note ALL the differences between the SS and the SC: Free laundry, pressing, and dry cleaning for one. The Neptune is nice but the concierge is better. No standing in line at the customer service. You can have High Tea served in your cabin or on the balcony. You can get hors d'oeuvres served in your cabin every night (if you want). The list gets longer.

The link below shows the Eurodam stern and you can see how big that balcony is. HAL reservations can tell you the size difference between the SC and the SS cabins (NOT counting balconies).

Enjoy!:)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BP1unI3JPbI/TIgsyk-DDwI/AAAAAAAAQdc/kqOJIiSS7u0/s1600/Stern.jpg

Hope you guys and gals ae right - I just booked an aft wrap on deck 4 of the Eurodam!

Got a good price and good OBC, so I went for it. I could have taken a SC guarantee, but I like the idea of knowing my room and being happy with it, plus I still can get an upgrade.

DaveOKC

Love the perks with SC or above, some were mentions before , also breakfast in Pinnacle every morning and free cocktail parties with Capatin and crew. But SS is also very nice just no perks except for doble points towards mariner status. Many people I have talked to perfer SC over SA.

Hope you guys and gals ae right - I just booked an aft wrap on deck 4 of the Eurodam!

Got a good price and good OBC, so I went for it. I could have taken a SC guarantee, but I like the idea of knowing my room and being happy with it, plus I still can get an upgrade.

DaveOKC

Dave, in all honesty I really do not care for the aft wrap stateroom verandah on Nieuw Amsterdam, precisely because of their smaller size compared to the Vista class ships. HOWEVER, I would take one of them over any other stateroom on a Signature class ship!!!

As everyone knows, I am an Aft Wrap Around Stateroom Snob:)

Joanie

Archived