Paid Upgrade Question

MrBill64

I am curious as to how much it would cost to upgrade from one category to another on a cruise where final payment has been made and we are less than 2 weeks from sail date. Let me set up the scenario using round numbers per person as these are not actual prices for argument sake.

Originally when I booked a cruise I paid $500 for a category M and have paid in full months ago. Now category M category is priced at $600 and category BD is priced at $900. If I want to upgrade to category BD would I have to pay an additional $400 or only $300? In short would I have to pay the difference from what I originally paid or do I pay what the current difference in price is in each of the categories?

Thanks.

Had to call yesterday as I could not get luggage tags to print, had no interest in any change. However, when the agent was done with the tag fix (it was my computer) she offered us an "upgrade" from OZ (obstructed oceanview) to BA (Lido balcony) for $16. Not a giveaway, but hard to decline. We actually could have moved to a minisuite on Dolphin for not much more, but we like Lido.

Seems the prices had changed since I last inquired. We also had $100 OBC added to our account. Why?? No idea. We sail the end of August.

Sometimes you do get lucky. Now, if I could just get those luggage tags.

Originally when I booked a cruise I paid $500 for a category M and have paid in full months ago. Now category M category is priced at $600 and category BD is priced at $900. If I want to upgrade to category BD would I have to pay an additional $400 or only $300? In short would I have to pay the difference from what I originally paid or do I pay what the current difference in price is in each of the categories?
Actually the difference in price could be more than $400. Sometimes they'll want to charge you the original price for the higher category of cabin. Otherwise, they'd end up having a bunch of people wanting to switch from inside cabins to balcony cabins when the price of balcony cabins goes down.

Had to call yesterday as I could not get luggage tags to print, had no interest in any change. However, when the agent was done with the tag fix (it was my computer) she offered us an "upgrade" from OZ (obstructed oceanview) to BA (Lido balcony) for $16. Not a giveaway, but hard to decline. We actually could have moved to a minisuite on Dolphin for not much more, but we like Lido.

Seems the prices had changed since I last inquired. We also had $100 OBC added to our account. Why?? No idea. We sail the end of August.

Sometimes you do get lucky. Now, if I could just get those luggage tags.

That's a ridiculously low difference in price. Get it in writing quick!

Archived