Staggered Boarding......

ronswanson

I keep seeing the notices for staggered boarding and to refer to my Travel Summary. For the life of me I cannot find anything in my travel summary about staggered boarding times. I know they do it by decks, but I cant find it!!!

We have Princess transfers from the airport to the pier. Do they remove the staggered boarding if you buy their transfer?

I keep seeing the notices for staggered boarding and to refer to my Travel Summary. For the life of me I cannot find anything in my travel summary about staggered boarding times. I know they do it by decks, but I cant find it!!!

We have Princess transfers from the airport to the pier. Do they remove the staggered boarding if you buy their transfer?

I got my travel docs yesterday and it say staggered boarding and more info in the package. Both my TA and I looked for the time but it wasn't there. So I honk it might be a thing of the past with the alaska cruises.

It is written into one of the paragraphs in the summary and it didn't have its own header when I went in May. However, one of the couples with us had airport to pier and they boarded as soon as they arrived so it might not matter for you.

Princess may only do staggered boarding when there are multiple ships...there were 3 Princess ships there when we boarded, all turning over passengers on the same day.

Since you have Princess transfers, you don't have to worry about it. You'll be able to check in when you arrive at the pier.

I don't think that Canada Place in Vancouver is on the staggered boarding list.

Ours disappeared as well, and it was there before and it's not in our new booking either. I wonder if they've done away with it and just haven't updated the itinerary yet.

Sarah

I didn't receive my staggered boarding time until 4 days prior to sailing. I also had Princess transfer, stood in a 45 minute line up to check in for transfer & then ended up on the last transfer bus even tough I arrived at the coach station at the suggested time.

There was no line up at Southampton at 2:30 pm, but they were giving out cards to wait for your turn. Platinums were sent right up to counter to check in.

This was not the case for some I talked to, as they waited for almost 2 hours to check in, but were allowed in the terminal. It will depend on the time & crowds.

I just got emailed "Emergency Notification Urgent" with a new travel summary PDF attached, and staggered boarding is back on there. It instructs no one to arrive before 12:00 noon.

But we are on Caribe, which is in the first boarding group. We also have Princess transfer, which allows embarkation at any time. So I guess someone else will have to see if they are enforcing or not (probably not).

Embarkation for your cruise is from 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm. We ask that you please do not plan to arrive prior to 12:00 noon as the ship will not be ready to board and there is limited space in the terminal. In order to reduce your wait time, we operate a progressive check-in schedule. For those passengers with flexibility, please arrive at your scheduled check-in time as indicated below. Passengers with a Preferred Boarding Pass and/or a Princess Transfer may check-in anytime during embarkation. Groups may also check-in together. Once onboard enjoy a meal at the Horizon Court, which remains open throughout the day to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

12:00 pm - Caribe & Lido Decks/Cabins C101-C753, L201-L312 12:30 pm - Fiesta & Sun Decks/Cabins F301-F315, S701-S714 1:30 pm - Baja & Plaza Decks/Cabins D201-B751, P201-P337 2:00 pm - Aloha & Emerald Decks/Cabins A201-A749, E101-E733 2:30 pm - Dolphin Deck/Cabins D103-D737

I just got emailed "Emergency Notification Urgent" with a new travel summary PDF attached, and staggered boarding is back on there. It instructs no one to arrive before 12:00 noon.

But we are on Caribe, which is in the first boarding group. We also have Princess transfer, which allows embarkation at any time. So I guess someone else will have to see if they are enforcing or not (probably not).

I got this "Emergency Notification" via e-mail this morning. We are on the Golden on Saturday. I was hoping we wouldn't have to worry about it, but, alas, that is not the case. We are on Baja deck, so they don't want us there until 1:30 p.m. We are staying in a hotel on Friday.

I got this "Emergency Notification" via e-mail this morning. We are on the Golden on Saturday. I was hoping we wouldn't have to worry about it, but, alas, that is not the case. We are on Baja deck, so they don't want us there until 1:30 p.m. We are staying in a hotel on Friday.

As messed up as the staggered boading has been I find it hard to believe that they would have another attempt at it.

As I stated, 2 weeks ago neither the Star or the Golden were using it even though everyones paperwork indicated it was in effect.

If we were going again this week we would still arrive around 11:00 and board around Noon regardless of the deck. :D

As messed up as the staggered boading has been I find it hard to believe that they would have another attempt at it.

As I stated, 2 weeks ago neither the Star or the Golden were using it even though everyones paperwork indicated it was in effect.

If we were going again this week we would still arrive around 11:00 and board around Noon regardless of the deck. :D

I find it difficult to just ignore the e-mail. I am a person who always follows the rules. Of course, my travel companions may not feel the same way. I am not going to worry about it. Either way, I'm cruising to Alaska on Saturday!

Embarkation for your cruise is from 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm. We ask that you please do not plan to arrive prior to 12:00 noon as the ship will not be ready to board and there is limited space in the terminal. In order to reduce your wait time, we operate a progressive check-in schedule. For those passengers with flexibility, please arrive at your scheduled check-in time as indicated below. Passengers with a Preferred Boarding Pass and/or a Princess Transfer may check-in anytime during embarkation. Groups may also check-in together. Once onboard enjoy a meal at the Horizon Court, which remains open throughout the day to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

This differs from many previous postings in that it does not say you must wait until your assigned time and does not say you will be turned away before your assigned time.

Also interesting they do not mention lunch in the dining room that ends at 1:30 PM.

I find it difficult to just ignore the e-mail. I am a person who always follows the rules. Of course, my travel companions may not feel the same way. I am not going to worry about it. Either way, I'm cruising to Alaska on Saturday!

We found it difficult too but after reading all the prior cruisers experiences in the cruises preceeding ours we decided to go.

We were happy to wait there to board if necessary which it wasn't.

It is certainly your prerogative to heed the notice. :)

You will notice it says " For those passengers with flexibility, please arrive at your scheduled check-in time as indicated below."

I am not flexible. Hotel shuttles start at about 10:30 and are done at about noon.

You will notice it says " For those passengers with flexibility, please arrive at your scheduled check-in time as indicated below."

I am not flexible. Hotel shuttles start at about 10:30 and are done at about noon.

Our hotel was the same. ;)

We just came off the June 9 sailing on the Golden to Alaska. We arrived at the terminal 1 hour before our scheduled staggered boarding time, and got in with no problem. I didn't see anyone being turned away for not being there at the proper time.

It states "for those passengers with flexibility" - if you aren't flexible, show up when you want to :D

Well there ya go "flexibility". ;)

Yep, just don't touch your toes during check-in otherwise it's to the back of the line for ya!

It so happens that before my last cruise my computer was out of action. Not that I recieved any notice, but to add to the computer probem, I could not access our libraries computers because of a strike.

My point is that at the last minute there is no reliable way it seems for Princess to spread its bad news!

john

Archived