WOW! Cards

We recently completed two cruises with Royal. The first was a 4 day on the Monarch beginning on May 28th. The second was a 7 day on the Freedom beginning on June 3rd.

While on the Monarch, I was a little surprised that there were no WOW! cards in my suite or at Guest Services. I was informed that WOW! cards were supposed to be given to us when we checked in at embarkation in Port Canaveral. This did not happen.

Two days after we disembarked the Monarch, we checked in for our 7 day Freedom cruise. When we checked in at Port Canaveral, I asked the repersentative at the embarkation desk for some WOW! cards. She informed me that they did not have any. Then the repersentative next to her said he had a some and then handed me a few. On the Freedom,while in the Diamond lounge, the issue of WOW! cards became a hot topic. So I am wondering.

What is up with Royal and WOW! cards?

We recently completed two cruises with Royal. The first was a 4 day on the Monarch beginning on May 28th. The second was a 7 day on the Freedom beginning on June 3rd.

While on the Monarch, I was a little surprised that there were no WOW! cards in my suite or at Guest Services. I was informed that WOW! cards were supposed to be given to us when we checked in at embarkation in Port Canaveral. This did not happen.

Two days after we disembarked the Monarch, we checked in for our 7 day Freedom cruise. When we checked in at Port Canaveral, I asked the repersentative at the embarkation desk for some WOW! cards. She informed me that they did not have any. Then the repersentative next to her said he had a some and then handed me a few. On the Freedom,while in the Diamond lounge, the issue of WOW! cards became a hot topic. So I am wondering.

What is up with Royal and WOW! cards?

Same thing happened to us at check in at Cape Liberty a few weeks ago. If I hadn't insisted and remained standing at the counter, they wouldn't have "found" some for me. And, if I hadn't read about them on CC, I wouldn't have known to ask for them at all.

There needs to be consistency with how WOW cards are distributed in order for them to be meaningful to the crew receiving them. Otherwise it is too random.

We got ours for the Allure but when we went to turn them in they asked that we stand in line at Customer Service to turn them in. :eek: You know how long the line is the last day of the cruise! Unfortunately we waited until our last day so we could really give it to the person the truly made us say WOW everyday and not just one. We dropped it in the box for the next cruise booking forms instead and sure hope it made it to them. Lesson learned, give it to the person when you see them so they can get the credit and entered into the drawings. We also put a Next Cruise Booking in the box and it was processed so hopefully the WOW cards were too.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Same thing happened to us at check in at Cape Liberty a few weeks ago. If I hadn't insisted and remained standing at the counter, they wouldn't have "found" some for me. And, if I hadn't read about them on CC, I wouldn't have known to ask for them at all.

There needs to be consistency with how WOW cards are distributed in order for them to be meaningful to the crew receiving them. Otherwise it is too random.

Donna,

We were on the same cruise with you and were given the WOW cards when we checked in and told how to use them. We did wind up using them for two outstanding RCCL employees who made our trip very enjoyable.

Fred

When we sailed Freedom in April, they did not give them out at PC check in. They were also not in our cabins. I wanted some so I went to Guest Services and asked for some. The rep went into the back room and got me one. When I went back another day to get one, I was told they didn't have them and they were only given out at checkin in PC.

Inconsistent information, and makes it hard to recognize a really outstanding crew member. If I hadn't known about them from the boards, I would never have known to ask. Next time, I'm asking at check in and waiting until someone finds them.

What a funny condudrum.

Introduce a program where people want to go out of their way to thank a crew member that did something to make the trip extra special.

Then be short of the cards.

And people have an issue with that.

Can you imagine that you are having problems with a program where people WANT to compliment you? Ironic.

BTW, I love the program. I really love the idea of telling someone that I DO notice when people do something special for us!

on our last cruise we just found out about the wow cards, never had received any, on any cruise at check in so went to customer service and was told they didn`t have any only at check in desk is were you can get them.

so after our cruise i emailed the names of the staff who went above & beyond to rci and also called rci guest relations to make sure those crew members were recognized.

I haven't been on a cruise since they started the WOW cards. Is their a set amount of them each passenger is supposed to get to give out?

Like others have reported, we also received one each upon check in. This was on our February Liberty cruise. However, we read somewhere, I don't remember where....maybe on the card themselves, that more could be picked up at Guest Relations. Like orville99 said, there was a stack and you could just take as many as you needed.

I haven't been on a cruise since they started the WOW cards. Is their a set amount of them each passenger is supposed to get to give out?

We were on the Mariner of the Seas 1 year ago and the Voyager in December. In both cases we had GS suites. In both cases we had WOW! Cards in the cabin and if happened to need one, you could get them at the Guest Services.

I started this thread because of the reasons stated in my first post.

NOW, here is something I did not post. At the cocktail party on the Monarch, I asked the Hotel Director/Manager about the WOW! Cards. He and one of his people told me that RCCL decided to take the cards off the ship and have them distributed dockside at embarkation. I WAS TOLD that the reason for this was because some employees were getting their hands on the cards and filling them out on their own. Basically some people appeared to be stuffing the box. It is also my understanding that some shipboard employees were terminated for this. I do not know on what ship(s) this happened, and I did not ask.

So, RCCL seemed to have the right intention to reduce the chances of cheating. I actually think it was a good idea, going by the information told to me by the ships officer.

However, if RCCL wants to continue the program, they need to MAKE SURE that the WOW! Cards are properly distributed to ALL passengers. Not just those of us that know about WOW! Cards.

I think that the solution is to make WOW! Card distribution a regimented step of the checkin process. Give the WOW! Cards to all passengers along with their Seapass(s).If RCCL is not capable of insuring proper cards distribution, then they will have to re-think their WOW! Card system. Or just totally discontinue the program at the expense of their employees. Personally, I hope they straighten this out.

Sorry about the rant, but I think this important.

Like others have reported, we also received one each upon check in. This was on our February Liberty cruise. However, we read somewhere, I don't remember where....maybe on the card themselves, that more could be picked up at Guest Relations. Like orville99 said, there was a stack and you could just take as many as you needed.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas 1 year ago and the Voyager in December. In both cases we had GS suites. In both cases we had WOW! Cards in the cabin and if happened to need one, you could get them at the Guest Services.

I started this thread because of the reasons stated in my first post.

NOW, here is something I did not post. At the cocktail party on the Monarch, I asked the Hotel Director/Manager about the WOW! Cards. He and one of his people told me that RCCL decided to take the cards off the ship and have them distributed dockside at embarkation. I WAS TOLD that the reason for this was because some employees were getting their hands on the cards and filling them out on their own. Basically some people appeared to be stuffing the box. It is also my understanding that some shipboard employees were terminated for this. I do not know on what ship(s) this happened, and I did not ask.

So, RCCL seemed to have the right intention to reduce the chances of cheating. I actually think it was a good idea, going by the information told to me by the ships officer.

However, if RCCL wants to continue the program, they need to MAKE SURE that the WOW! Cards are properly distributed to ALL passengers. Not just those of us that know about WOW! Cards.

I think that the solution is to make WOW! Card distribution a regimented step of the checkin process. Give the WOW! Cards to all passengers along with their Seapass(s).If RCCL is not capable of insuring proper cards distribution, then they will have to re-think their WOW! Card system. Or just totally discontinue the program at the expense of their employees. Personally, I hope they straighten this out.

Sorry about the rant, but I think this important.

Giving them with the seapass like you mentioned makes the most sense to me.

Giving them with the seapass like you mentioned makes the most sense to me.

Yes, but it will be up to RCCL, to insure a proper inventory of cards dockside and make distribution a mandatory part of the check in process. That concerns me.

What are the WOW cards? I have only sailed on 1 RC cruise and don't recall receiving one. Thanks!

WOW! Cards are small cards that you fill out with your name, C&A number, cabin number, Employee name, eemployee position, and what was was special about them they made you want them to have a WOW! Card.

On the backside, employees that get WOW! Cards, receive recognition from RCCL and receive a reward from a preset menu of options.

What are the WOW cards? I have only sailed on 1 RC cruise and don't recall receiving one. Thanks!

If you feel a particular crewmember provided exceptional service, you fill it out with his/her name and either hand it to them or to Guest relations. They do benefit from receiving them.

Yes, but it will be up to RCCL, to insure a proper inventory of cards dockside and make distribution a mandatory part of the check in process. That concerns me.

Why not just have the ability to print them with your cruise docs?

Sure would solve the distribution issues.

Nah - on second thought - that wouldn't work. Would need RCI IT support.:eek:

Why not just have the ability to print them with your cruise docs?

Sure would solve the distribution issues.

Nah - on second thought - that wouldn't work. Would need RCI IT support.:eek:

My DW said print them with the rest of the docs and luggage tags. My response was " do you really want to do that?".

Nope let RCCL provide the cards.

If you feel a particular crewmember provided exceptional service, you fill it out with his/her name and either hand it to them or to Guest relations. They do benefit from receiving them.

On our Monarch cruise this month we gave them to the crew we designated. I asked how they get the recognition from the ship. I was told that the crew member that gets the most cards is recognized at a special crew function. There is a wheel of fortune device they spin to determine what their prize is. Didn't sound like there was much chance of the guy/gal cleaning the public toilets being the winner. I saw a lot of bar folks getting them.

We did receive ours at check in at PC. The only previous time we got the cards was in Nov last year on our first leg of a B2B on Jewel. have not received any since until our last cruise which was this month.

The cards are given to C&A members - not all guests. Hope they start giving them out properly at all ports.

Not hoping to derail, but sincevwe are on this subject, some of the employees do not care for the wow cards and others do, according to a server on our last cruise. So what is the real reward for the employee from the WOW card, money, or what?

Not hoping to derail, but sincevwe are on this subject, some of the employees do not care for the wow cards and others do, according to a server on our last cruise. So what is the real reward for the employee from the WOW card, money, or what?

Doing a search this is all I found: http://www.answeritroyally.com/blog/?p=4761

Scroll down to the para that starts "Comments from our guests ......."

Archived