*Primary Guest?

Andoria

I just checked my booking online to see how much I still owe. I noticed my SO is listed first as the "Primary Guest" with a green star next to his name.

What does that mean? I booked and paid for the cruise.

I just checked my booking online to see how much I still owe. I noticed my SO is listed first as the "Primary Guest" with a green star next to his name.

What does that mean? I booked and paid for the cruise.

They do this to us as well. Even when I pay my partner is primary. I asked why and was told it was because of the interline rate we booked and he is the airline employee, so they have to have it in his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she/he is the main contact. If there is an ever a problem, they will be the one to be contacted by carnival

I never gave any of his contact information! It's my cell phone # or email.

RCL still emails me .... Dear Karen K...... Its my account, I always pay, its always my credit card, she has no credit in her name per se .. I have no idea why they continue to email me in her name ..she got married now and doesnt even cruise with me.

I personally think its hopeless to get thru to these folks who decide which name to put.

I posted my question on the FB Carnival page. Someone said they listed the oldest person first which is fine. I was just thinking it was some sexist thing and I was getting annoyed.

Life must be good if I'm paying attention to green stars...

I posted my question on the FB Carnival page. Someone said they listed the oldest person first which is fine. I was just thinking it was some sexist thing and I was getting annoyed.

This is not the case as my boyfriend is 2 years older than me and I am always first.

We have our third cruise booked for April and each of us have someone else in our cabin so that they could get the PG rate...I am also primary but the person in my cabin is again older than me.

Also just to make things interesting... I just looked and my star is red not green.

Has happened on every cruise we (I mean I) have ever booked. DH is always listed first. I can understand the military discount (his) but the others have all been me, booked by me (even as an agent!) and paid by me. Always let it slide and never a peep until now, but those days are gone. Unless they can come up with a valid reason for listing someone, that simply shows up, as the primary passenger I will insist they change it. Is it a big thing in life as we know it?....NO...but unless you are the female doing all the work and never getting the credit...well you just do not know how it feels. And yes, DH is in full agreement as he should be. :D

I always book our cruises, through Carnival or Celebrity and I am always the primary person, so the man is NOT always going to come first and again, he is 11 years older than me so the older one is not either.

For us it's the one who books is the primary person.

OP if you booked the cruise (and I even use my husbands Sea Miles card to book btw) and you put yourself as primary they switched it, which for me would be unacceptable, I don't want anyone changing what I've done with my bookings, does it matter? Probably not but it's still the principle of the thing!!!

Carole

Has happened on every cruise we (I mean I) have ever booked. DH is always listed first. I can understand the military discount (his) but the others have all been me, booked by me (even as an agent!) and paid by me. Always let it slide and never a peep until now, but those days are gone. Unless they can come up with a valid reason for listing someone, that simply shows up, as the primary passenger I will insist they change it. Is it a big thing in life as we know it?....NO...but unless you are the female doing all the work and never getting the credit...well you just do not know how it feels. And yes, DH is in full agreement as he should be. :D

Exactly!!!!

I don't think its an age thing. I have always been listen as Primary and my husband is older by quite a few years. It doesn't matter to me as it's paid for out of the same account.

But if you are paying for it, it should be under your name.

Since its not age or gender....I wonder if its based on past guest number.:confused:

hmm I don't think so, my first cruise we booked at the same time, I've always been primary because I booked myself as primary.

I could see a travel agent getting the other way but not if you booked it online yourself.

Odd don't you think??

Carole

Since its not age or gender....I wonder if its based on past guest number.:confused:

Yep! His is the lower number because they always list him FIRST! GRRRRRRRR. ..! Oh wait a minute...the switch to FIFP has messed up HIS number and lost his cruises (they are working on it) so maybe I can be primary! :p You can bet your bippy on that one from here on out! :D

hmm I don't think so, my first cruise we booked at the same time, I've always been primary because I booked myself as primary.

I could see a travel agent getting the other way but not if you booked it online yourself.

Odd don't you think??

Carole

Im saying is your past guest # lower than your DH?

For us it seems to be the person who booked the cruise that is primary. When my son booked the cruise, he was primary. When I booked I was primary.

Past guest number doesn't seem to be the answer. On our upcoming cruise on the Breeze, there will be my husband (oldest, male, newest Past Guest #), my son (youngest, male, oldest Past Guest #), and me (center age, female, in between Past Guest #). And guess what, I am the Primary. And I am the one who made the booking. For us it makes sense but for others it doesn't. But that's Carnival for you.

Sharon

Now I'm curious as well, so I had to look at our booking.

I'm listed as primary-just assumed it was because I booked the cruise.

My PG# is higher by two digits than my husband's; also I'm younger.

I looked at our kids cabin; youngest son is listed as primary and he has the highest PG # as well. Now for their gf's cabin, the youngest is listed first; she made reservation, but she doesn't have a PG#, but her friend does.

I called Carnival and booked 2 different cruises on the same phone call with the same pvp. The first cruise shows me as the primary and the second shows my husband. Have not a clue why. At first I was going to call back, but then just decided to leave it alone because I can't see how it really matters even though it still sort of bugs me. Oh, and by the way, both our stars are red and I am older than my husband :D

That cannot be right as my daughter 19 is listed Primary over my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law both in 60's

I called Carnival and booked 2 different cruises on the same phone call with the same pvp. The first cruise shows me as the primary and the second shows my husband. Have not a clue why. At first I was going to call back, but then just decided to leave it alone because I can't see how it really matters even though it still sort of bugs me. Oh, and by the way, both our stars are red and I am older than my husband :D

If I have another reason to call Carnival, I may ask them why but otherwise I'm going to let this go.

I'm guessing the different color stars has to do with the number of cruises you have? We only have one under our belts.

Archived