Transportation from LAX to San Padro

top kick

Can anyone give me the name of a good shuttle service from LAX to San Padro. We are sailing on the Golden Sept 26th and flying in a day early and staying at the Doubletree in San Padro.

Thanks

Super Shuttle and Prime Time are both big companies and are very dependable. Rates are about 16 or 17 dollars per person and they have many vans at both the airport and pier. They also don't hold you to a reservation time. When one van fills up, they go and another starts loading.

Super Shuttle and Prime Time are both big companies and are very dependable. Rates are about 16 or 17 dollars per person and they have many vans at both the airport and pier. They also don't hold you to a reservation time. When one van fills up, they go and another starts loading.
I agree. I've used them both many times without any problems. They run a pretty much continuous shuttle service between San Pedro and LAX and Long Beach.

We have used Super Shuttle a number of times and been very happy with them. However, it is not a private car service and they will circle the terminals a couple of time trying to fill the van before they leave. Here is a discount code that will save you $3 if you book online...if you make separate reservations you will save $3 each....which covers the cost of the tip.

I agree. I've used them both many times without any problems. They run a pretty much continuous shuttle service between San Pedro and LAX and Long Beach.

Totally off topic, Pam...but you seem to know so much about LA....we're thinking about coming in a day or two early and staying on the Queen Mary. How close is that to the Princess pier, and would we need to schedule a shuttle? Thanks...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Alice and Bob

Totally off topic, Pam...but you seem to know so much about LA....we're thinking about coming in a day or two early and staying on the Queen Mary. How close is that to the Princess pier, and would we need to schedule a shuttle?
The Queen Mary is in Long Beach, not far from San Pedro (maybe a 10-15 minute drive to the pier) but you'd need to arrange a shuttle. If it were me, I'd book with Prime Time as they will have shuttles coming from the airport to the ship. There's lots to see and do near the Queen Mary sort of within walking distance, although it would be a bit of a walk.

The Queen Mary is in Long Beach, not far from San Pedro (maybe a 10-15 minute drive to the pier) but you'd need to arrange a shuttle.

We knew we could count on you! Thanks, Pam! We shall plan accordingly.

Alice and Bob

The Queen Mary is in Long Beach, not far from San Pedro (maybe a 10-15 minute drive to the pier) but you'd need to arrange a shuttle.

We knew we could count on you! Thanks, Pam! We shall plan accordingly.

Alice and Bob

Make sure you check out the reviews on trip advisor for the Queen Mary, most that we saw were not very good. :)

Make sure you check out the reviews on trip advisor for the Queen Mary, most that we saw were not very good. :)
I agree. I'd check Trip Advisor before booking. The reviews I've read weren't complimentary. You might consider staying nearby and maybe taking a tour or having dinner on the Queen Mary.

we're thinking about coming in a day or two early and staying on the Queen Mary.

It has been 10 years since we stayed there for two nights before a Princess cruise, but we did enjoy the introduction to what an ocean shiop used to be like. (See pictures below). We had a rental car which enabled us to drive from LAX to the QM, tour for a day, and then go from the QM to near the Princess dock.

We did not find the food onboard the QM to be above average. The room was fine. And so was the self-guided ghost tour of the QM.

Since it was 10 years ago, we have no idea about the current condition of the ship.

1608385265_00211_12.02ViewfromQueenMaryCabinA002_00a.jpg.4944d542d661ce14d07e20fd9ffae104.jpg

2124288865_00311_12.02QueenMaryCabinPb121186.jpg.723a2a898f2d22f37f9c810a8a796b3c.jpg

1049374234_00411_12.02QueenMaryCabinbathroomPb121187.jpg.71fb91bcad2496fbec911b19bb0060d3.jpg

797872581_00511_12.02QueenMaryCabinbathroomPb121188.jpg.64562e5cbd27c35116988fe740f358f7.jpg

1970934723_00611_12.02QueenMaryHallwayA009_6a.jpg.bd8a6df53bea2fa6d7aa0c33d283bf37.jpg

Oops, here is the discount code for Super Shuttle:

UYR59

We've used Super Shuttle at LAX, great service. As for the discount code, does that code just work in CA or can it be used in NY too? We are doing cruise out of NY end of Sept. and plan to use Super Shuttle from airport to hotel before cruise.

Thanks.

I have used Super Shuttle with no problems.

I will NEVER use Primetime Shuttle again! Nothing but problems.

I will not use them again either. They screwed up both ends of our booking, sending the van to the location that we were going to, not the location where we actually were. After making the booking, I got an email confirmation with the correct info so I was surprised when they didn't show up to our house on the day of our cruise. When I called, I was told the driver was waiting for us at "the harbor." It took over an hour before a van was sent for us.

When we got off the ship,we went to the shuttle pickup area and I showed their curbside rep the email. He told me we weren't on his list. Turned out, our driver was sent to, yes, you guessed it, our house. When the guy finally was able to procure a van for us (apparently there were several mess ups with bookings that morning), he called his office and was told that we can't possibly be there as we're supposed to be at our house. She actually argued with the rep (I was standing next to him and heard her).:mad:

I might be able to excuse one error, but not the same error made twice, just two weeks apart. And when I called customer service when we had finally made it home, got sent to voice mail. Took a few emails to get a reply and it wasn't acceptable to us.

I just can't recommend pre-booking with them.

We've used Super Shuttle at LAX, great service. As for the discount code, does that code just work in CA or can it be used in NY too? We are doing cruise out of NY end of Sept. and plan to use Super Shuttle from airport to hotel before cruise.

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know. What I would suggest is that you go through the online reservation process and see if it takes.

We've used Super Shuttle at LAX, great service. As for the discount code, does that code just work in CA or can it be used in NY too?

Probably not.

Do a Google search for Super Shuttle Discount codes New York

Prime shuttle is usually cheaper than Super Shuttle. You can check their prices on line and compare. But I would call and make the reservation rather than book it on-line. I would suggest if there are 4 of you and your bags fit in 1 tax/taxi van, then taxi is the way to go from LAX-San Pedro cruise terminal, especially if you are traveling on Sunday mornings or non-rush hour times.

Archived