Lowest cost of a Disney cruise sails from?

sassy~one

WHERE? I'v just started looking for a disney cruise for my 3 year old granddaughter and the prices are sooo High. What is the best time of year? Meaning lowest cost? From what port? Any input would be awesome.

thanks

Thanks so much.

Perhaps i did not ask the question properly. I do know 3 days costs lest then 7 days. But is there a less expensive port to travel from? It was looking like Galveston 'might' be the best, but i was just making sure.

Thank you again.

Just trying to be helpful here, but it may be useful to tell us what state you live in. If you live in Fl then Port Canaveral is probably cheaper but it may not be so if you live in California.

No such thing as a cheap Disney cruise. Best time to book is when sailings are first released for the next year, as prices go up from there. The Dream only has 150 inside staterooms of the 1250 on board, so they go pretty fast.

Usually September (hurricane season) and late January aren't too bad... for DIsney.

The older ships, the Magic and the Wonder, are less costly than the Dream and Fantasy. But you won't find Carnival pricing on Disney.

The words Disney and Low Cost cannot be used together, EVER! :D

Just take your granddaughter on a low cost line, NCL has Dora the Explorer on a few ships and Carnival has Freddy Funnel.

Frankly at that age she probably won't enjoy the experience as much as she would in about 2 years.

As another poster said there are no inexpensive Disney cruise when you compare to say Carnival.

3 years is pretty young, I'm sure your grand daughter will love the characters and all things Disney but if you are going to splurge I think waiting till they are 6-8 years old will get more value than 3.

WHERE? I'v just started looking for a disney cruise for my 3 year old granddaughter and the prices are sooo High. What is the best time of year? Meaning lowest cost? From what port? Any input would be awesome.

thanks

Thank you kindly. Im just so suprised to see the cost. I understand that there might be a kids sale free from time to time. Is that true?

thanks

Yes, DCL does the Kids Sail Free occasionally. But there's no way to know which cruise it's going to be. It'll just pop up on the website.

:)

The words Disney and Low Cost cannot be used together, EVER! :D

Just take your granddaughter on a low cost line, NCL has Dora the Explorer on a few ships and Carnival has Freddy Funnel.

Frankly at that age she probably won't enjoy the experience as much as she would in about 2 years.

You've never been on a Disney cruise have you?

It's a lot more than a generic NCL cruise + a couple of characters.

I just finished paying for my second DC. We are going the week of Labor Day for the 3-night Bahamian cruise. It cost us a total of $4300 for six people; we have two cabins (Category 04A - Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah). Yes, it is expensive, but if you can afford it, do a short cruise. Your grand-daughter will have a wonderful time, even at her age. If you go around Sept. 13th on a 3-night, the inside cabin will cost you as low as $1566.00 for three and as much as $2196 for a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah. You can save a little money by driving to Florida instead of flying since you are in NC. It is a great experience! If you sign up for the cruise, you can pay over time on Disney's website. I pre-booked my cruise in January and paid monthly until it was paid off.

I would advise you to wait for a couple of years or more, to get the most out of your daughters experience. At age three, there's not much value gained on a Disney cruise versus a Carnival cruise for her.

I would tend to disagree here. Although at 3 she may get far less out of the full Disney experience than an older child, characters and princess go a long way with a 3 year old. Maybe NCL or Royal Caribbean character cruises would be equal. My daughter would have loved to see Dora and Diego at 3. I just got back from a Carnival cruise and there was nothing going on outside of the kids club and the pool for little kids.

As for cheaper Disney cruises. It costs less to go on the Magic and the Wonder than booking the new ships Dream and Fantasy. It may not be debarkation port that makes a different, it's the ship and also the itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We accidentally booked a cruise out of Florida intending to go out of NYC. The cruise out of Port Canaveral was less money, but we would have to pay air fare. When we tried to figure out which way would be less money, we discovered it didn't make much difference. Although we didn't have to fly for the NYC cruise, the higher cost of the cruise made up for the cost of the air fare.

We did book a GTY inside room for less money. Then Disney gave us an upgrade :)

Yeah, if you compare Disney to other lines, the price is jaw droppingly expensive.

We're doing a "cheap" cruise to the Mexican Riviera. 3 person inside cabin with one being a child costs just about the same as a balcony cabin from Princess to Alaska or the Caribbean (ones I've actually booked and sailed on).

My kids are gonna be 3 and 5 and I know they prolly won't get too much out of it, but I love cruising so it's more about me. :) My parents took me back in 98 when I was in college and it's still my favorite line.

I would like to respond to posts implying that younger children won't appreciate a Disney Cruise. Earlier this month I took a five night cruise on Disney Dream with my husband, daughter, son in law, and three grandchildren - aged 5 years, 3 years, and 8 months. The only one who was too young to appreciate it was the infant.

My 5 year old granddaughter loved everything about the cruise - getting autographs, kids program, private island, Mickey's pool, family dances, pirates night, etc. While waiting on line to get an autograph, someone asked her if it was her first cruise. She responded by talking about a Disney Cruise she took last year, and one she is taking with her family next year.

My 3 year old grandson also loved the cruise, but didn't appreciate it quite as much as his older sister did. When I picked him up from kids club one day, he was so involved with what he was doing, he asked if he could finish it before he left.

BTW - this was the fifth cruise for the five year old, third cruise for the three year old, and first cruise for the eight month old.

Everybody keeps posting how expensive DCL is. I've only been on Disney - twice. Does anybody have an accurate comparison between DCL and someone else?

DCL cannot be compared to any other cruise lines, simply because it is a uniquely themed cruise., the theme being the world renowned entertainment company called "Walt Disney World"

Everybody keeps posting how expensive DCL is. I've only been on Disney - twice. Does anybody have an accurate comparison between DCL and someone else?

Okay, just checking an online travel agent August 1st, 2012:

Disney Dream 5 day from Port Canaveral

cheapest oceanview $1525p/p cheapest balcony $1575 p/p (double occupancy)

• Port Canaveral,
  • Private Island
  • Nassau
  • Private Island
  • Port Canaveral

Carnival Sensation 4 day from Port Canaveral

cheapest inside $329, oceanview $399, balcony $609, suite $699 p/p (double occupancy)

• Port Canaveral
  • Freeport
  • Nassau
  • Port Canaveral

Norwegian Sky 4 night from Miami August 2nd

cheapest inside $339, oceanview $399, balcony $609 and no suites are offered p/p (Double occupancy). If you are interested in a suite NCL is tops in any cruise line for what they offer their suite passengers.

• Miami
  • Grand Bahama Island
  • Private Island
  • Nassau
  • Miami

Also as posted above, right now select sailings on NCL are offering their Kids Sail Free promotion and those only roll out about once a year. That is something to look into.

So you can see what is out there and when posters mention that a Disney cruise is about double what one would spend on a mainline cruise. Indeed there are options that are only available on Disney; free unlimited soda pop, Disney characters, and fancy swimming pools. Let me assure you the main lines also offer free beverages throughout the day, there are kids clubs and they all have swimming pools.

Archived