Back when Kodak was onboard

Benjo8

I was perusing our Celebrity cruise booklet in anticipation of our upcoming Baltic Cruise. Was tempted to check the age of our captain when I saw under "things to pack" the following suggestion: "camera with lots of film". Didn't Kodak stop making film several years ago (just before they filed bankruptcy)? I think I will check the date on the milk cartons in the cafe on board just to be safe.

Hey Celebrity; check your own fine print.

Kodak still makes film (regardless of their bankruptcy) as well as many other manufacturers, of course it is now more expensive and more scarce, but still easily found. I still have several SLRs that use film and a few point/shoots too.

Yes, I have moved to the digital age, but there are many that still trust in film and I applaud them....especially those that still shoot slides.;)

I was perusing our Celebrity cruise booklet in anticipation of our upcoming Baltic Cruise. Was tempted to check the age of our captain when I saw under "things to pack" the following suggestion: "camera with lots of film". Didn't Kodak stop making film several years ago (just before they filed bankruptcy)? I think I will check the date on the milk cartons in the cafe on board just to be safe.

Hey Celebrity; check your own fine print.

You can still buy film and I am sure the milk will be fine, I drink black tea nad coffee anyway. BTW, how old was the Captain? And what was his name? Not Capt. Schetino I hope.:D

Guess they could say "If" you have a film camera, but I don't have any issue with the statement. It's useful as an idea and doesn't mean anything has expired. As with all advice you just take what is relevant to you - otherwise you wind up with a whole bunch of stuff you don't need.

That is pretty funny!

The iconic Kodachrome is no more .... There are other films available, and you can still buy LP records. ;)

If you forget to pack enough film, I'll bet you can't buy it on the ship!

Archived