Important update on RCI's webpage

Yup...that area is already messed up with traffic on a normal day. Hopefully folks check online before leaving!

We wont have access for about 7 days prior to our cruise due to travel. Like a lot of others I suspect. A warning on a website about changing departure hours wont do us any good. I think I like the good old days when companies did not expect people to have the latest technology but actually contacted them by phone.

The only "Important Update" I see is for Majesty of the Seas - 25th June sailing, reporting a Miami Heat parade.

That Italian site was right... definitely nothing to see here!

That's because the update was for the 22nd June, where a Public strike had been called throughout Italy. The time of departure of a particular ship had been delayed as they expected the airports to also be disrupted. Quite an important message to those who would be disrupted.;)

So of course the update has gone.

That's because the update was for the 22nd June, where a Public strike had been called throughout Italy. The time of departure of a particular ship had been delayed as they expected the airports to also be disrupted. Quite an important message to those who would be disrupted.;)

Perhaps... But then it would have been helpful to have posted that in the OP, as it was only an important update for one particular cruise apparently, and as you noted that relevance has passed - but this is not stated in the OP.

Ahoy Mateys....

Do you think Royal could finally used the message tab in your online cruise booking to notify you of any upcoming local issues in the town?

Over the years, I keep clicking that message tab, but there is never any messages for me!

Will someone please let the upgrade fairy know where the message tab is?

Go Miami Heat!....

The only "Important Update" I see is for Majesty of the Seas - 25th June sailing, reporting a Miami Heat parade.

That Italian site was right... definitely nothing to see here!

Can you imagine how mad people are going to be when they miss the ship because they can't get through the Miami Heat victory parade? I can't wait to read about it here. :D I've seen one of those parades in the past. And people definitely won't be able to get through it to the ship if they wait to arrive at the port.

Parrotheadtoo, is right. They should use the messages tab in "my cruises" even though a lot of people will probably never go there to check.

Gina

Wouldn't you think traffic going in and out of the port should take precedence over a parade route? I don't get it !

The downtown/Brickell area will be in chaos starting around 9:00 AM and lasting until 11:00 AM (noting that Miami is usually on Cuban time, so consider adding an hour to this). The parade route ends at the basketball arena, which is next to the port entrance, and speeches outside are supposed to last until 12:30 PM. I would suggest anyone trying to get to that ship to come from the north (the parade route is south to north).

Les

Wouldn't you think traffic going in and out of the port should take precedence over a parade route? I don't get it !

You might think so, but it isn't the case. Miami isn't alone in shutting down traffic routes to accommodate a parade and the celebration of the Heat's NBA victory is a major event for its fans and the residents of the Miami area. Just be aware of the situation and plan accordingly. You can complain to City Hall but don't expect much in the way of a response.

:)

I saw this and thought how ridiculous things are getting in Europe. Italy is in severe economic distress, yet the unions will cause even further damage to a frail economy.

Agreed. That type of behavior happens here also.

Archived