What is the best way to link 3 cabins on Photo CD

Broch

We are travelling with our family which will be in 3 different cabins. To get all photos on one CD what is the best procedure. I was thinking in using one kttw card when we are all together and then they can use their own card when having their own photos taken but this may be an expensive way as we would have to purchase multiple CD's. Is their a more economical way to get all photos on one disc by linking our cabins at shutters. Our reservations are linked all ready for dining etc. Thanks for any help in saving us a fortune.

We are travelling with our family which will be in 3 different cabins. To get all photos on one CD what is the best procedure. I was thinking in using one kttw card when we are all together and then they can use their own card when having their own photos taken but this may be an expensive way as we would have to purchase multiple CD's. Is their a more economical way to get all photos on one disc by linking our cabins at shutters. Our reservations are linked all ready for dining etc. Thanks for any help in saving us a fortune.

It can't be done. It's 1 CD per room (reservation). The only exception is if there are 2 rooms with Mom and minor child(ren) in one room and Dad and minor child(ren) in the second room.

Extended families/multiple rooms (Grandma, Grandpa, mom, dad, kids, Aunt Suzie, Uncle Bill, cousins, etc), each room must have it's own CD.

:)

I believe the only way to try and beat the system, is to have all members on one reservation. by that I mean, my wife and I sailed Freedom of the Seas in Dec; we paid for everything, so everyone was under our reservation and credit card. We had five adults and five children under 18. The ship said to buy the photo cd, all minor children under 18, who were in different cabins, would be included on the cd. Also, we took a lot of group shots around the ship during the week.

I believe the only way to try and beat the system, is to have all members on one reservation. by that I mean, my wife and I sailed Freedom of the Seas in Dec; we paid for everything, so everyone was under our reservation and credit card. We had five adults and five children under 18. The ship said to buy the photo cd, all minor children under 18, who were in different cabins, would be included on the cd. Also, we took a lot of group shots around the ship during the week.

The only thing, on DCL each room is it's own reservation #. That's how they monitor it.

As I said the only way around 1CD=1 room(reservation) is when there are 2 rooms with Mom & Dad split in the two rooms with the minor kids split up, also. DCL knows that, in all reality, that Mom & Dad are going to sleep in one room and the kids in the other. So they make that exception.

Now, if there were a party with Mom & Dad and enough kids to fill 3 rooms (whew!) they would probably allow the same exception, also, as long as the kids were not adult kids with kids of their own.

I think the only way to get around it, is that you put all of the pitures under 1 room card. Theres 2 ways the photos work. 1 is facial recognition. The other is room card. When you walk up to a ships photog, they ask for a KTTW card, scan hand it back and take however many pics. The facial recognition comes from the boarding photo before you board. If you take a group picture, and dedicate 1 kttw to that pic, you might get around it. But, youd have to use that same kttw card for each picture session onboard.

I think the only way to get around it, is that you put all of the pitures under 1 room card. Theres 2 ways the photos work. 1 is facial recognition. The other is room card. When you walk up to a ships photog, they ask for a KTTW card, scan hand it back and take however many pics. The facial recognition comes from the boarding photo before you board. If you take a group picture, and dedicate 1 kttw to that pic, you might get around it. But, youd have to use that same kttw card for each picture session onboard.

It doesn't always work, though.

I read a report of a family (2 rooms: mom & dad & 1 kid in one room, Grandma & Grandpa & 1 kid in the other). They had their embarkation pictures (the one they use for the facial recognition)taken with Mom & Dad & 2 kids in one picture, Grandma & Grandpa in different picture. Both used the same KTTW card. The CD was tied to the room account of Mom & Dad, Grandma & Grandpa had their own onboard account.

So when they were putting the pictures on the CD they put the pictures with Mom, Dad and kids , but not the ones with only Grandma & Grandpa. When questioned, the Shutters person told them that facial recognition trumps KTTW card, and that the CD would only have the people who were covered by the onboard account on Mom & Dads card. In this case, Mom, Dad and 2 kids.

Thank you for all replies. Seems a very silly and complicated system to me or is it again a way of making money. If in our case we have to take 3 cd's to get photos with each other in the pictures it would cost around $900 dollars I do not think we would bother so no revenue to Disney there. If we could link reservations like you can do with other services on board like dining and port adventures I am sure Disney would make more money, a bird in the hand scenario. However these heads marketing people are very clever people and perhaps they have done their sums and this is why they do it this way. I think we will be taking our own photos and buying a few souvenir photos to keep. On our first cruise we went silly with photos and it cost us a fortune.

Thank you for all replies. Seems a very silly and complicated system to me or is it again a way of making money. If in our case we have to take 3 cd's to get photos with each other in the pictures it would cost around $900 dollars I do not think we would bother so no revenue to Disney there. If we could link reservations like you can do with other services on board like dining and port adventures I am sure Disney would make more money, a bird in the hand scenario. However these heads marketing people are very clever people and perhaps they have done their sums and this is why they do it this way. I think we will be taking our own photos and buying a few souvenir photos to keep. On our first cruise we went silly with photos and it cost us a fortune.

There are, of course, other options than the CD for photos. You can purchase a credit package. They come in 10, 20, 30, & 40 credit packages.

A 6X8 (character photos) = 1 credit. An 8X10 (dining room pictures, formal/pirate night, roving photographers) = 2 credits.

The 10, 20, & 30 credit packages are available for purchase pre-cruise online. The 20 & 40 credit packages are available onboard. The only price is I know is for the 20 credit package ($149). It's the same online or onboard.

Big plus, with the credit package, you can select pictures from whichever room you wish to be included in the package, you are not limited to only your rooms pictures.

It doesn't always work, though.

I read a report of a family (2 rooms: mom & dad & 1 kid in one room, Grandma & Grandpa & 1 kid in the other). They had their embarkation pictures (the one they use for the facial recognition)taken with Mom & Dad & 2 kids in one picture, Grandma & Grandpa in different picture. Both used the same KTTW card.

Thats why right there. Since there were 2 different pics, the facial rec program associated 2 different sets of people with 2 different rooms. For what ever the reason, when we were on the Fantasy in March, we kept getting another families pics with ours. And we got 3 different stories why. It almost took and act of Mickey to correct.

If they had 1 photo taken with everyone, and use only 1 card, I think things would have worked differently. Which is what I was implying. It may work and it may not. I honestly dont know.

• 1 year later...

"Thats why right there. Since there were 2 different pics, the facial rec program associated 2 different sets of people with 2 different rooms. For what ever the reason, when we were on the Fantasy in March, we kept getting another families pics with ours. And we got 3 different stories why. It almost took and act of Mickey to correct.

If they had 1 photo taken with everyone, and use only 1 card, I think things would have worked differently. Which is what I was implying. It may work and it may not. I honestly don't know."

We just got back from Alaska in June. We had three rooms, with 2 adults in each room. We took the embarkation picture as a group, so by facial recognition, all the pictures were on my KTTW. We bought the CD, but somehow we came to find out that only the pictures of the people from our room would be on the CD. They said that the pictures of my husband and I would be on there and any group pictures that we were in would also be on there. But that left out all the pictures of the other two couples (Brother in law/wife and Mother/Father in law). If we wanted the pictures of them as well, we were going to have to buy a CD for each room and we weren't going to pay $750 for 3 disks. We opted for a package of printed photos (5 for each couple and 5 group pictures), which we scanned and shared when we got home. In the grand scheme of things, we didn't want most of the pictures, so not getting the disk turned out to not be a big deal.

Pricing as of June-2013 is as follows:

6x8 - $14.95

8x10 - $19.95

CD - $249.99

Package of 10 8x10's - $149.99

Package of 20 8x10's - $249.99

Personally, I think the roving photographers are kind of annoying. I like the idea of just taking a couple really nice professional group shots and select the best one. Scan when you get home so you'll all have a copy. Once you have it you can each order any size you want or even do one of those great looking photo murals on canvas they have at Costco.

As far as just fun shots, I'm sure you'll have plenty with your own point and clicks, we always do. I then put them in a Shutterfly album with the photo embeded and have all the memories in a bonded book.

If you are getting pictures with the characters it is very easy to take your own. The characters are really good about posing and letting you take a picture after the ship's photographer takes a picture.

I'm pretty sure the advice truck1 gave you will work. I went with my daughter's family (2 rooms) and when we took group shots they showed up on her account and also on mine even though she used her KTTW card for the picture.

I booked DH & I in one cabin & my DS/DIL/GD in another, which I have linked

We typically only purchase a few pictures each cruise, but first cruise with first GD leads me to believe i'll be wanting more pictures. It was suggested to me by a friend that we purchase a photo CD for my DS's cabin and that all group shots and any pictures that DH & I happen to be in with GD (or any/all of the three of them for that matter) would be included on the CD but that our solo pics would not, which is fine by me.

She did state that DIL & I would need to stop together at shutters the first night to verify this and she was able to do so for a cruise earlier this year without issue as usual. Has the policy recently changed?:confused:

Edited by keishashadow

To take advantage of on board booking, I am booked in one cabin with my mom and my two kids and DH is booked in another cabin with my dad. Will family pics of myself, DH, and the 2 kids be put on my kttw card? I doubt my parents will want a cd, but I usually get one.

I can't speak to DCL, but on my last RCCL, we had 4 cabins: Cabin 1: DW, DD, and myself; Cabin 2: my Wife's Mother and father; cabin 2: my mom and a friend; and Cabin 4: my aunt and uncle. On the CD, we ended up with so many (but not all) pictures from the other cabin because we were getting so many group shots that it faked the system out. a lot of the additional pictures did not include DW, DD or myself. I have a feeling it is the same company.

• 3 years later...

Do they offer packages of X number of pictures on board RCCL ships? We are travelling for my parents 60th anniversary and they would like a group picture, but also pictures of each of the family groups as we are from all over the country and are not all together at one time very often. We are a group of 7 cabins all adults with parents, children, grandchildren and girlfriends. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Please let me. know

Do they offer packages of X number of pictures on board RCCL ships? We are travelling for my parents 60th anniversary and they would like a group picture, but also pictures of each of the family groups as we are from all over the country and are not all together at one time very often. We are a group of 7 cabins all adults with parents, children, grandchildren and girlfriends. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Please let me. know

Why don't you ask on the RCCL boards? You'll get more expertise there.

Asking about RCCL on a DCL board.....maybe not the best place.

To take advantage of on board booking, I am booked in one cabin with my mom and my two kids and DH is booked in another cabin with my dad. Will family pics of myself, DH, and the 2 kids be put on my kttw card? I doubt my parents will want a cd, but I usually get one.

As long as a photo contains at least one person booked in the cabin that is purchasing the CD, the photos are supposed to be on the disk. DO check--they have a bad habit of misplacing photos and not having them appear!

You can get photos of you, DH, and 2 kids on your CD as well as photos of just your mom and dad (since mom is in your cabin). You booked the right way to make it work! The only thing that won't be on your CD is a photo of either of the men alone.

Similar question, family of 4 sailing with grandparents and sister. We have 3 cabins;

1) with wife, granddad and 1 child

2) with sister and 1 child

3) with husband and grandma

We booked this way as family of 4 is gold, rest are firsttimers.

How would we go about the photocd?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you read this entire thread? The way the CD works is that you must have at least one person from the cabin purchasing the CD in the photo for that picture to be on the CD.

Assume cabin 1 purchases the CD.

Photo of grandparents will appear as Grandpa is in cabin 1

Photo of 2 kids will appear as one kid is in cabin 1

Photo of husband and wife will be there as wife is in cabin 1

Embarkation photo of entire group will appear as cabin 1 is purchasing

Photo of child 2 with characters should not be there as that child is not in cabin 1...but what might happen is that you stand in line as a group and give the photographer the KTTW card from cabin 1. It is totally possible that they will place all photos from that shooting onto the CD.

Photos of sister alone/with characters, etc. will NOT appear

The way to be sure a photo appears on the CD is to be sure that at least one person from cabin 1 appears in the photo.

I hope the gold benefits you are getting from this convoluted booking are worth it. You are paying full adult fare for child 2--that's OK if the real issue is that sister wants her own cabin. If sis wants her own cabin, it is definitely more cost effective to book a child in the cabin with her rather than having her pay the single supplement. This group could save a lot of money by being in 2 cabins--essentially grandparents and sister sharing a cabin and the family of 4 in the other cabin (book how you want, but sleep this way). If the issue is that sister and grandparents don't want to share a cabin, that's fine. If the goal is to book as financially prudently as possible, your 3 cabin approach doesn't do it!

Have you read this entire thread? The way the CD works is that you must have at least one person from the cabin purchasing the CD in the photo for that picture to be on the CD.

Assume cabin 1 purchases the CD.

Photo of grandparents will appear as Grandpa is in cabin 1

Photo of 2 kids will appear as one kid is in cabin 1

Photo of husband and wife will be there as wife is in cabin 1

Embarkation photo of entire group will appear as cabin 1 is purchasing

Photo of child 2 with characters should not be there as that child is not in cabin 1...but what might happen is that you stand in line as a group and give the photographer the KTTW card from cabin 1. It is totally possible that they will place all photos from that shooting onto the CD.

Photos of sister alone/with characters' date=' etc. will NOT appear

The way to be sure a photo appears on the CD is to be sure that at least one person from cabin 1 appears in the photo.

I hope the gold benefits you are getting from this convoluted booking are worth it. You are paying full adult fare for child 2--that's OK if the real issue is that sister wants her own cabin. If sis wants her own cabin, it is definitely more cost effective to book a child in the cabin with her rather than having her pay the single supplement. This group could save a lot of money by being in 2 cabins--essentially grandparents and sister sharing a cabin and the family of 4 in the other cabin (book how you want, but sleep this way). If the issue is that sister and grandparents don't want to share a cabin, that's fine. If the goal is to book as financially prudently as possible, your 3 cabin approach doesn't do it![/quote']

Regarding the bolded - if the child in room 2 is minor child of parent in purchasing room, they can be included in the package. If child is child of sister in room 2 he/she wouldn't be included.

Regarding the bolded - if the child in room 2 is minor child of parent in purchasing room, they can be included in the package. If child is child of sister in room 2 he/she wouldn't be included.

Usually--under the same deal as one nuclear family in 2 rooms (mom and 2 kids in one room, dad and a kid in another room, for example). Given that the child is not in a room with a parent, I won't say for sure on this. IF both children are filmed on one KTTW card, it will work.

• 2 weeks later...