Champagne prices

STEPHEN LARKIN

Hi everyone,

I will be on-board Grand Princess on 1st September and was wondering about the selection and the prices of the bubbly on-board ?

What selection do we have of Champagne or even sparkling wine ?

Any info would be appreciated :cool:

They have Korbel for about $28.00. Pay the $7.00 and get a good bottle of champagne.I used to order french but they have eliminated the Mums, which used to be a good value. The Cliquot is overpriced at about $65.00. It goes up from there.

They have Korbel for about $28.00. Pay the $7.00 and get a good bottle of champagne.I used to order french but they have eliminated the Mums, which used to be a good value. The Cliquot is overpriced at about $65.00. It goes up from there.

I couldn't disagree more. The shipboard price for Chandon is about double what I can get it for at Total Wine, whereas the Cliquot is only a 50% markup. Unless you think Cliquot is a far worse champers than Chandon or Korbel, it actually is not overpriced but is the best bargain of the three.

That said, I prefer Perrier Jouet but any port in a storm. . .

I couldn't disagree more. The shipboard price for Chandon is about double what I can get it for at Total Wine, whereas the Cliquot is only a 50% markup. Unless you think Cliquot is a far worse champers than Chandon or Korbel, it actually is not overpriced but is the best bargain of the three.

That said, I prefer Perrier Jouet but any port in a storm. . .

Champers!! :D

do you recall what size bottle the cliquot was? alcohol where i'm from is expensive, so it might be equivalent to on-board prices! lol

i'm wondering if i should bring a bottle or just buy it onboard.

do you recall what size bottle the cliquot was? alcohol where i'm from is expensive, so it might be equivalent to on-board prices! lol

750ml..

Dom Perignon.. $179

Veuve Clicquot Brut.. $74

Korbal Brut.. $25

Korbal Rose Brut.. $28

Domaine Chandon Brut.. $35

Add 15% tip to the above prices..

The Cliquot goes for $69 at liquor stores in Canada while the Korbel is $15.

In the USA, Cliquot is $40+ while the Korbel is $9+.

I would gladly buy the Cliquot at $65 while on holidays.

Not worth the hassle unless you drink in your cabin. The corkage in the dining rooms would eat up any potential savings vs. Cdn pricing. (would be worth it only if you are buying Napa cabs in the USA to bring onboard)

Cliqout is $69 in BC government liquor stores.

When I cruise, I usually select a "european" wine as they seem to have the least amount of mark-up when compared to Cdn prices. French champagne, Chateauneuf Du Papes, $40+ wines can be had on cruises at Cdn store prices or little mark-up. They usually make the large mark-ups on the sub $35 wines with a minimum 100-200% on lower end.

Not worth the hassle unless you drink in your cabin. The corkage in the dining rooms would eat up any potential savings vs. Cdn pricing. (would be worth it only if you are buying Napa cabs in the USA to bring onboard)

Cliqout is $69 in BC government liquor stores.

When I cruise, I usually select a "european" wine as they seem to have the least amount of mark-up when compared to Cdn prices. French champagne, Chateauneuf Du Papes, $40+ wines can be had on cruises at Cdn store prices or little mark-up. They usually make the large mark-ups on the sub $35 wines with a minimum 100-200% on lower end.

good to know. thanks for the info lamchops!

Archived