Please Use Caution - Survey on Celebrity Website

Andy

Good thing I did the survey while on lunch break at work. We are not allowed to down load anything so that was an easy decision. Andy, after reading your experience, good thing I didn't complete the survey at home or I may have clicked to do the down load.

Linda

FYI, this computer is 5 months old, and runs Windows 7 and IE9. I would think that qualifies as recent.

Hehe, I sure hope the survey is compatible with recent browsers, not least as IE9 had its official release over a year ago.

That said, I'm also in the camp that doesn't want unnecessary software installed on their machine, so believe the survey should a) state that requirement upfront in any case, plus state what it will be doing and why it is needed, and uninstallation procedures, and b) be done a different way anyway.

Dear Guests

The survey that is currently being presented to some of our Web users is one of the many ways we collect information to provide the best possible user experience...

I am relatively new to the Celebrity boards, and was surprised to see this official response to a question regarding a survey pop-up. I am more familiar with other cruise lines that have named persons, such as designated bloggers or CEOs, respond to such queries. Does Celebrity typically respond anonymously, as here?

I am relatively new to the Celebrity boards, and was surprised to see this official response to a question regarding a survey pop-up. I am more familiar with other cruise lines that have named persons, such as designated bloggers or CEOs, respond to such queries. Does Celebrity typically respond anonymously, as here?

The short answer is yes.:D

Hi Bal,

Yes, that's how Celebrity does it. Sadly, they do not appear to have much intertest in interactive communicating with their Guests. They could learn a great deal from lines like Azamara, which has a Chief Blogging Officer in Bill Leiber, who serves as the voice of the company, while assisting their Guests. Mr Leiber does a fantastic job, and it works well for both Azamara and their Guests. It's a win-win for all.

I tried to but after admitting to being English we were informed that we didn't qualify -

----- have now booked 3 cruises with Celebrity ---- do we go back to P&O where we feel that our views are appreciated & valued ????

:confused::(

There is absolutely no reason to feel offended that you couldn't participate in the survey because you are English. I am not American and my opinions weren't required either.

This is merely a survey targeting a particular audience for a specific purpose, not unusual in marketing. Whatever information they are trying to gather obviously pertains to those in the U.S. No need to take it personally.

There is absolutely no reason to feel offended that you couldn't participate in the survey because you are English. I am not American and my opinions weren't required either.

This is merely a survey targeting a particular audience for a specific purpose, not unusual in marketing. Whatever information they are trying to gather obviously pertains to those in the U.S. No need to take it personally.

None taken by myself, although why give us the pop up in the first place if we are ineligible.:D

Thanks for the heads-up, Host Andy! :)

I too would like to see an "official" presence from X, here on these boards. I think they would get a lot of valuable feed-back, and we could get some of our questions answered. In the meantime, I still can't get certain tools (the cabin search function) on the X website to work. Maybe the folks in charge at X should work on fixing their website, before they ask us to download software to complete a survey -- purely for their benefit? :rolleyes:

Hi Bal,

Yes, that's how Celebrity does it. Sadly, they do not appear to have much intertest in interactive communicating with their Guests. They could learn a great deal from lines like Azamara, which has a Chief Blogging Officer in Bill Leiber, who serves as the voice of the company, while assisting their Guests. Mr Leiber does a fantastic job, and it works well for both Azamara and their Guests. It's a win-win for all.

I couldn't agree more...Bill is truly an asset to Azamara and its customer base...and RCCL as a whole should invest in a good IT department and faster servers that brings their websites into the 21st century IMO.

I was being sarcastic ---

Because it doesn't know. What if, for example you are an American who is in Australia for a cruise? :D

Then it shouldn't 'pop up' and tell you you are valued customer - why not have something on it that says that it only works ofr Americans ---- I have no issue with that at all, but I haven't got the time to waste filling in things that I find out don't mean me after all ???:confused:

Am I being daft, but isn't it possible for Celebrity to have a program that means that only people from a certain country can access it ?

Maybe they can't create such a program that filters out who can participate but they can certainly be more up front about the wording of the survey, letting you know before you waste time filling it out that "for this survey, we are only collecting data from US customers" for instance!

Maybe they can't create such a program that filters out who can participate but they can certainly be more up front about the wording of the survey, letting you know before you waste time filling it out that "for this survey, we are only collecting data from US customers" for instance!

Agreed, communication is key to good business.:D

Archived