• Aurora
    • Himalaya (launched in 1948)
    • Azura
    • Carthage (launched in 1931)
    • Oriana (current)
    • Strathnaver
    • Oceana (current)
    • Victoria
    • None of the above (I'll elaborate below)

I`ve sailed on 4 cruises only with P&O Cruises since 2009 - I`ve been on Arcadia, Azura (twice) and Ventura - Have got cruises booked on Oriana, Aurora and Oceana - Only current ship I havent currently got plans to sail on is Adonia

I would have to say my favourite ship is Azura - Got some fantastic memories of 2 cruises on board Azura in 2012

Although they are sisters ships I didnt like Ventura - Didnt wow me as much as Azura did even though they are VERY similiar - To me I feel Azura is fresher and more modern then Ventura

I`m on Oriana for a back to back in 2014 and truly cant wait - Was on the phone to P&O the other day asking questions and was told Oriana is the cruise ship that shows the other ships how its done !!

To me Oriana just looks like a liner compared to the likes of Azura that looks like a block of flats. I just hated the miles of corridors to get anywhere and the terrible noise at the two top pools. Cinema blaring out at one and music at the other.

Oriana certainly gets my vote out of the current fleet - classic, timeless, good size and great range of different public rooms, including a dedicated cinema. Sufficient open deck space to accommodate everyone without being jammed up against the next person. Perfect IMO.

My favourite P and O ship was the Strathaird, an SD14 which was the cadet training ship. had a fantastic race night with the officers when they visited our ship and a brilliant follow up night on board when we paid a return visit. Not a cruise ship though so probably not relevant.

Archived