Travel Size Fan

I would appreciate any advice on purchasing a travel fan to use while cruising . . . I don't know if it's age or just a habit but I find it hard to sleep if I don't have a breeze blowing over me all night and with booking inside cabins I can't open the balcony door.

Any suggestions for a quiet, electric or battery operated travel fan would be appreciated. Thanks.

We carry about a 5 - 6" square battery operated fan I got a Walmart last year; am sure other places have them. Uses D batteries. Also keep a couple of these on hand for power outages in summer. This might be bigger than you need since not one of those small individual fans on a lanyard or something.

I've taken my little 4-5 inch desk fan before. I, too, need moving air and that works ok....not like my big overhead fan at home, but for 1 week, it's doable. Doesn't weigh much at all. Do bring an extension cord, tho....you may have to plug it in across the room!

I wouldn't want to deal with batteries...too heavy and they may die!

I just purchased 2 battery operated fans. The small one takes 2 D batteries. It's about a 3 or 4 inch fan. The other one is a 10 inch fan that takes 8 D batteries :eek: but it works really well. Both have 2 speeds. I got them at Dicks Sporting Goods in the camping section. The larger one also has a detachable cord so you can use it plugged in as well.

different store, but here is the small one: it folds down flat.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/O2Cool-Portable-Fan/55679/&?&affiliateid=3274&cvsfa=2734&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3535363739&gclid=CK2Kuc7g9rACFUff4AodOQ05HA

We carry about a 5 - 6" square battery operated fan I got a Walmart last year; am sure other places have them. Uses D batteries. Also keep a couple of these on hand for power outages in summer. This might be bigger than you need since not one of those small individual fans on a lanyard or something.

I got mine in the camping section.

I always bring a very small fan with me, usually one with a cord. Sometimes I just leave it in the cabin at the end of the cruise. The air conditioning is just never cool enough for me in the room, plus I like the sound of a fan!

Jane

For those of you who want to get a fan for a cruise next year wait till the end of the summer as you will find some great bargains at places including Target.

We picked up a couple of them for my wife since the price was so good.

Keith

I just purchased 2 battery operated fans. The small one takes 2 D batteries. It's about a 3 or 4 inch fan. The other one is a 10 inch fan that takes 8 D batteries :eek: but it works really well. Both have 2 speeds. I got them at Dicks Sporting Goods in the camping section. The larger one also has a detachable cord so you can use it plugged in as well.

different store, but here is the small one: it folds down flat.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/O2Cool-Portable-Fan/55679/&?&affiliateid=3274&cvsfa=2734&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3535363739&gclid=CK2Kuc7g9rACFUff4AodOQ05HA

love this 02Cool fan; I never travel without it. Got it at Walmart and have taken it all over the world. It has more breeze power than you can imagine. I like it because it's quite portable with the 2 batteries but can also be used with an adapter. I find that the batteries can last at least 2 weeks and that is with running it overnight every night.

Archived