Balcony guarantee?

Petoonya

I currently have a Silhouette Med cruise booked for next year and reserved a Cat 9 inside in a desirable location. Have the opportunity to switch to an inside guarantee and get a balcony guarantee. I stay away from guarantees as I'm a crankypants noise sensitive person. However it seems on Solstice class it's hard to go wrong on any balcony as far as noise- other than deck 10 which I'd never be assigned anyway. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I currently have a Silhouette Med cruise booked for next year and reserved a Cat 9 inside in a desirable location. Have the opportunity to switch to an inside guarantee and get a balcony guarantee. I stay away from guarantees as I'm a crankypants noise sensitive person. However it seems on Solstice class it's hard to go wrong on any balcony as far as noise- other than deck 10 which I'd never be assigned anyway. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi Go for it, a balcony is much nicer than an inside, we have both but the for the same price, you would be mad not to have it in my humble opinion:)

Unfortunately you can spend all the time in the world picking your cabin and then you can end up with a noisy door slammer next door!!!!:mad: Enjoy we have just come back from a trip on the Silhouette it was fab!!

Hi Go for it, a balcony is much nicer than an inside, we have both but the for the same price, you would be mad not to have it in my humble opinion:)

Unfortunately you can spend all the time in the world picking your cabin and then you can end up with a noisy door slammer next door!!!!:mad:

My thoughts exactly:)

Go for it,and once you have been allocated your cabin#

you can swap for any cabin in the same category.

We just booked an AQ GTY and have been allocated #1558

and that for the same price as an Ocean-view.

Go for it,

I stay away from guarantees as I'm a crankypants noise sensitive person. However it seems on Solstice class it's hard to go wrong on any balcony as far as noise- other than deck 10 which I'd never be assigned anyway.

With my concierge guarantee on a Med cruise this fall, I ended up on Deck 10 of the Silhouette. Since it is between two decks with cabins, I didn't think it would be noisy. Am I missing something? Please tell me the negatives about Deck 10. I may be able to switch cabins. Thanks.

Maya

We have been very fortunate. If we book outside the cancellation window we typically select a balcony gty and then watch for either a price decrease or a category improvement. This has happened a number of times.

We currently have two cruises coming up in the next 4 months. Both were booked at gty-2D obstructed. We already have our cabin assigned for the first, in early Oct. It is a very nice 1A with an extended balcony. The Nov. cruise has currently has us upgraded to a 2C which is fine. Bookings are weak for this cruise so we anticipate a price decrease or category improvement prior to final payment, or potentially another upgrade.

That's exactly what we've done--never stayed in an originally assigned guarantee cabin yet! But I have learned my lesson; if I book early (i.e. before final payment) I book a low category so I have someplace to move up to when the bargain prices come out!!

That's exactly what we've done--never stayed in an originally assigned guarantee cabin yet! But I have learned my lesson; if I book early (i.e. before final payment) I book a low category so I have someplace to move up to when the bargain prices come out!!

This works well unless you are taking a cruise that sells out early...e.g. the cruises out of Singapore next year. Had you taken this approach, you would have kept your original cabin and prices have continuously risen for the few cabins remaining or coming back on the market.

I just booked a guaranteed balcony cabin on the Summit leaving on July 29 to Bermuda. Will I be given an assigned cabin in advance, or will I have to wait until the day of boarding to find out my room assignment? I've purchased guaranteed cabins on Carnival and never knew ahead of time where I was going to be. It would be so nice to know, and be given the opportunity to upgrade if we don't like the location. Thanks!

I booked a guarantee for a November sailing and I checked the next day and our cabin number had been assigned. I did not like the location and was able to move another cabin within the same category. I love that they sometimes give you this opportunity!

Archived