Do they last the exact length?

hihello

I have a random question! I am trying to figure out if some of the entertainers will be on the same cruise I will be going soon. I was talking to them and some of them stated that they had started on February 25th and they were doing a 6 month contract. So technically that means they would be on the boat until August 25th???? They also said that they were staying on the same ship.

Have seen entertainers leaving mid cruise. But regular staff seem to end their contracts at the end of sailings.

By the way, if a contract is for 180 days, it doesn't necessarily mean 2/25-8/25, as all the months aren't 30 days. Remember there aren't 360 days in a year, but 365- 366 this year.

Many entertainers come on board at a port, do their act for a day or two, and then leave at the next port. This gives the cruise line more entertainment variety, especially on longer cruises. On virtually every cruise I have been on at least one, and sometimes several, entertainers arrived or left during the cruise. Some hop from ship to ship, possibly with a contract to present their act for a few weeks or even months. This according to one comedian who mentioned to the audience that this was the third ship in the cruise line's fleet he had been on that month, and it was only mid month.

I know the comedians jump from ship to ship. I know that this entertainer stated he was staying on the same ship and his home port was the USA (so he wasn't going to get off in the Caribbean mid trip) for his 6 months contract. So technically he should be there until August 25th (maybe a week before or later depending on when the ship sails?) I booked this cruise for the end of July, so I am hoping these great entertainers will still be on the ship?

The entertainers- and other crew- aren't all on the same time line for their contracts. One might have started in Feb, another in March, another in June. So the rotation can be very flexible.

Oh, okay...got it! Thanks so much! :) I just wanted to make sure that they stay for the FULL 6 months (unless there's emergencies, etc...) Correct?

Oh, okay...got it! Thanks so much! :) I just wanted to make sure that they stay for the FULL 6 months (unless there's emergencies, etc...) Correct?

The singers and dancers usually will have a finite contract for set number of days/months but the guest entertainers sometimes stay two cruises, three or longer. Their contracts vary greatly.

We have absolutely seen entertainers leave mid cruise and join mid cruise.

Since we really can't give you an exact date(s) that this comedian will be on the ship you will be sailing on, is it possible this comedian has a website? You can then E-mail him and find out exactly which ship he will be on for that particular date?

There are two type of entertainers.

There are celebrity type of entertainers that come on board just to perform one or possibly two shows and they are on for a short time.

Then there are entertainers who like other crew members have specific contracts and stay on board through the end of their contract.

As to the dates, if they are doing a six month contract the end date should be close to six months to the day after February 25. Of course that could vary by a few day in either direction to account for where to leave the ship.

Keith

For many of the cruiselines, the dance companies are one of the few groups onboard that will actually 'stay' together for much of the contract. General CD staff will have overlapping dates, but the Show folks overlap once with a whole other company once they come onboard to learn the show or bring on a new program.

Archived