Dinner in Seattle suggestions

uirishtoo

Maximilian's at the pike market. Is great. They have a nice deck. And happy hour

Palominos

Wild ginger is one of my favorites for pan Asian fusion cuisine. This is soooo good!

McCormicks and Schmicks. Always good

There is always the restaurant in the Space Needle. The cost of the ride is included in the cost of the meal, making the meal afforadable. As a bonus the long wait for the top is avoided.

With 13 people, I would advise a place that takes reservations. Look up Daniel's Broiler a steakhouse on south end of Lake Union, you can watch the water planes take off and land. Another place I would suggest looking into is Purple on 4th Ave. . hugh menu, everything from starters, appetizers, small plates, full entrees. They also have flights of wine, which is small pours of 6 different kinds of wine.

What sort of food? What price range?

For seafood, do an internet search for Ivers. A chain of the highest quality.

Ivars? I like Ivars, the waterfront (acres of clams) location is a place you can usually get ok food at an ok price, with a nice view of the water if you score a table next to a window. But not a place for foodies.

Or was this a joke that flew over my head? :o

We are staying by the Space Needle, but transportation is not an issue. Middle of the road price range. I was thinking seafood, burgers, steaks, etc.

Ivar's Salmon House - easy arrangements for groups, great Lake Union/Skyline view, big menu, surprisingly good food.

Chinook's - Phone for a group reservation - they have a semi-private area, or they'll group some tables together. Great view of the fishing fleet at Fishermen's Terminal. Very good food.

Ivar's Salmon House - easy arrangements for groups, great Lake Union/Skyline view, big menu, surprisingly good food.

Chinook's - Phone for a group reservation - they have a semi-private area, or they'll group some tables together. Great view of the fishing fleet at Fishermen's Terminal. Very good food.

Ditto for Ivar's Salmon House - good for a group, expecially if varying ages and tastes. It's located closer to your hotel than some of the other suggestions posted in this thread.

I'd second Chinook's. Always a favorite stop when we're in Seattle.

What about Lowell's? Have heard about that one in Pike Market?

Lou

Lowell's is good for breakfast, meh for other meals. I'm not sure how they handle groups (maybe give you space on one of the upper floors?) But Lowell's is not particularly convenient for the OP's location.

So which is best seafood close to Pike Market then?

Also, around the Space Needle, we are staying at the Homewood Suites on Western a short walk from Seattle Center name a good restaurant within walking distance please. We will be in Lower Queen Anne.

Thanks for all the suggestions here we go to Seattle more often now and need to try some of these.

Lou

Also, around the Space Needle, we are staying at the Homewood Suites on Western a short walk from Seattle Center name a good restaurant within walking distance please. We will be in Lower Queen Anne.

Thanks for all the suggestions here we go to Seattle more often now and need to try some of these.

Lou

Nothing much near your hotel. I know it says it's close to Seattle Center but it's actually a bit of a hike (uphill) and then it's to the opposite corner of the Center grounds from the Space Needle, monorail, etc.

There's a pretty good Chinese restaurant on Queen Anne Ave. a couple of blocks from your hotel (Uptown China) or you're 6 or 7 blocks from one of our favorite places in town, Toulouse Petit (corner of Queen Anne Ave. and Mercer St.) There are several other restaurants in that general area, but it's a decent walk.

Etta's Seafood, one of Tom Douglas' places, is next to Pike Place Market. I haven't been to that one, but I've loved his other restaurants in town, and Etta's has a great reputation.

I haven't been to Cutter's Crabhouse since they substantially changed their menu, but I liked their former incarnation, and I'm hearing good things about the new one. They're also right next to the Market. Their view of Elliott Bay is great.

I'll join the others in saying that Ivar's is...not the best seafood in town. Go there for the kitschy history, go there for the view, go there for a pretty good Sunday brunch buffet or for happy hour munchies, but don't go there for the best seafood dinner around.

Other places I've heard good things about are Seastar (South Lake Union area) and Blueacre Seafood (downtown). I haven't been because they're both a bit out of my price range, but if you want great seafood within reasonable distance of downtown, those places come highly recommended.

Or, take the Water Taxi from Pier 50 over to West Seattle and walk about a block to Salty's on Alki. The food is quite good and the view is out of this world.

Ditto Ray's Boathouse, over at Shilshole--except that the food is better, and the distance from downtown/Seattle Center is greater--you'll need to take a cab, or a bus. Ray's Cafe upstairs is more casual and less expensive, but both are excellent.

Ponti Seafood Grill also comes highly recommended. It's at the foot of Queen Anne hill, but the far side from where you're staying--right next to the Fremont Bridge. You'd need a cab or bus to get there (I would NOT recommend trying to walk it!!), too, but it's closer than Ray's.

Nothing comes to my mind, either, for seafood in that area. There are some other good places nearby (Thai, New Orleans/Creole, pub food), if any of those do it for you, but seafood just isn't a specialty in that area.

Lou

I second the recommendation for Elliott's on the Seattle waterfront. We ate there the night before our cruise and had delicious seafood and a nice view of the bay. They also have outdoor seating with a nice view too.

Archived