Understanding Chankanaab Park Pricing and what it includes

wellfocused

For those of you who have been to Chankanaab park, am I reading all of the info correctly?

I take a taxi from the pier - $10 one way for up to 4 people (not $10 per person).??

For $21 you can enter the park and have access to pool, bathrooms, beach, umbrellas, hammocks, ocean (including snorkel area), sea lion show, and more.

$2 printable coupon http://cozumelparks.gob.mx/cupones/index.html making the total $19 instead of $21

You can either bring your own snorkel equipment to use (free) or rent theirs for $10. But actually snorkeling is included in the $19 price.??

So basically for the cost of a $10 taxi and $19 to enter the park, it's a very fun day including snorkeling.

Am I reading this all correctly?

We are taking a group of 20 ladies and want to make sure I have all of my facts straight.

Thank you for your help.

Any other tidbits of info would be great!

Yes, if you bring your own snorkel equipment from home, the total cost is $19, plus taxi. I believe you can "rent" the life vest for free if you bring your own snorkel gear. You just need to leave your Driver's License with them and you'll get it back when you return the vest.

We were there this week but did the ship's excursion, so I'm not sure of the pricing. But I just wanted to let you know that, from what I could see, the beach area where you snorkel is a rocky ledge with a ladder that you climb down to get into the water. Just be aware in case anyone has mobility issues. But there were tons of people snorkeling so it must be beautiful. We were with our children, so we didn't snorkel. We were there for the dolphins.

Yes, you have it right. It doesn't "cost" to snorkel, only to rent the snorkeling equipment if you don't have your own. As another said, the snorkel vest is free if you give them your drivers license. Just make sure you do not rent the snorkel vest at the same hut that the snorkeling equipment is located because they charge there. The hut (you will come to it before you come to the snorkeling hut) is a snorkel vest hut only <---that's the free one.

Not sure if you've read my reviews of Chankanaab. If not, here are 2 of them with a link at the bottom of each with tons of pictures those days. (We've loved Chankanaab so much we went twice in 9 months). :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30683350&postcount=59

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30683350&postcount=59

Anyone know if it is possible to book one of the dolphin swim programs at the park when you get there?

It is possible, as long as they have openings. There will be no early booking discount. And don't tell them you're with Carnival, or they will not let you book. The website will even prevent you from booking if you click on Carnival, and they force you to put in a cruiseline or hotel to book. We were the only ship in port and were able to book as walk-ups, but this was also before they made this deal with Carnival, which has taken away more of their spots. However, we got in on the 10am (Cozumel time) dolphin swim. That time slot is not available for bookings online, so as long as that spot is not taken by Carnival excursions, it should be open for walk-ups. If you go there right away, you may be able to get in it.

Is there a link to a site for the actual park? Can not seem to find one. Thanks

As far as I know, there is not a link to Chankanaab National Park. Dolphin Discovery seems to be the only thing online that has any information on Chankanaab.

Yes, if you bring your own snorkel equipment from home, the total cost is $19, plus taxi. I believe you can "rent" the life vest for free if you bring your own snorkel gear. You just need to leave your Driver's License with them and you'll get it back when you return the vest.

Is a vest required? I usually go without.

Is a vest required? I usually go without.

Everyone on here has reported that a life vest is required. However, I did see people without them the last time we were there in March. So I'm unsure if this is a true statement or they just don't monitor it. :confused:

Since the dolphin swim includes admission to the Chankanaab park, can we arrive early? We are arriving by Carnival and are scheduled for the dolphin swim at 11 AM. So it would be nice to go to the park and wander around until the time for the swim.

Since the dolphin swim includes admission to the Chankanaab park, can we arrive early? We are arriving by Carnival and are scheduled for the dolphin swim at 11 AM. So it would be nice to go to the park and wander around until the time for the swim.

YES!! :) That's exactly what we did. We snorkeled and walked around the replica Mayan Ruins tour and the lagoon for hours before our dolphin swim (which wasn't until 1:30pm). It was a great day.

I would buy now instead of waiting. They're offering a buy one, get one for $1. Save you $50. I'm sure you can buy there if they have spots (and probably if they don't too).

Where is this offer?

Where is this offer?

This offer was gone before the poster even made that post.

Last month, there was a promotion where they let you buy a $1 Royal Swim ticket for dad if you purchased another Royal Swim ticket (for anyone) at full price. It was valid the entire month of June, as a Father's Day thing. The promotion ended on 6/30.

I bought this for my mom for her birthday. It is one of her "bucket list" things to do. They did take down my dad's name and put it on the ticket.

The only promotion right now (other than the standard 25% off for early booking) is Buy One Get One For $10, but this is only valid for Norwegian passengers.

This offer was gone before the poster even made that post.

Last month, there was a promotion where they let you buy a $1 Royal Swim ticket for dad if you purchased another Royal Swim ticket (for anyone) at full price. It was valid the entire month of June, as a Father's Day thing. The promotion ended on 6/30.

I bought this for my mom for her birthday. It is one of her "bucket list" things to do. They did take down my dad's name and put it on the ticket.

The only promotion right now (other than the standard 25% off for early booking) is Buy One Get One For $10, but this is only valid for Norwegian passengers.

It seems like they are always have "sales" there of some type. However, it seems like it's always for NCL. When we were there in March, my oldest daughter got the buy one Royal swim and get the other for $1 for NCL guest only.

Is the snorkeling area suitable for say a 7 and 9 year old? They are excellent swimmers, been used to a mask and snorkel and fins... but in a pool setting.

They are asking me how deep the water is?

Once you go down the steps and/or rock steps, there is usually a drop off. I'm guessing maybe around 5-6'. Some area's have rocks you can swim over, others are deeper. My 3 year old has been snorkeling with us twice there (back in Sept and March) and we snorkeled from one end to the other following the shore line and all the rocks. There is plenty to see up and down there. They do say they want you to wear life vest while snorkeling, so they should be ok with them. Just watch the currents when you get up close because they can push you in over the coral/rocks. :)

Archived