Carnival Dream++Not these staterooms

Lakerprin

We just returned from the Carnival Dream June 23, 2012 cruise. We always have a balcony and the higher on the ship the better. We were given a stateroom on the 9th floor mid ship and we were pleased until we spent the first night. Our room was under the pool area. Our sleep was impossible as there were people moving chairs and tables all night long. At mid night I thought It would stop because people would go to bed after the movie but not so. Then the staff doing their jobs moved every table and chair to mop under it. We complained but there were no other rooms to moved to and I know there were all the rooms on both sides of the ship from front elevators to mid elevators with the same problem. While the neighbors on each side of us were very quiet so they must have lots of insulation between us the ceiling must have none. So if you are going on the Dream stay away from the 9th floor mid ship!!!!!!!:(

You've now learned the same way we did. Never book under the lido deck. We had the same experience but different ship. Now,, we always look at deck plans and choose a cabin on a floor that has cabins above, cabins below, cabins to the left and right.

You've now learned the same way we did. Never book under the lido deck. We had the same experience but different ship. Now,, we always look at deck plans and choose a cabin on a floor that has cabins above, cabins below, cabins to the left and right.

Amen...that's how we accept cabins. And if my PVP offers to move me, I'll pull up the appropriate deck plan before making any decision.

Another thing I've learned. Ear plugs are cheap, don't take up much room in luggage and can come in handy.

Same here.... look for those decks with nothing above and below but other cabins. The only time we did not do this, we were one floor below the Lido buffet and we heard the carts rolling and other things banging far more than we would like. Never again. ;)

Sounds like a total bummer. Nothing I hate more than being awakened. Sorry about your situation.

I've been carrying industrial grade ear plugs on vacation in recent years, just in case. I would also bring a small fan for white noise, if I didn't already have way too much electronic gear with me.

We were in room 9338. We have been on many cruises and many time under the lido deck and have never had this problem. I think it may be a problem with the Dream more than a general problem. Maybe not.....We do not do grty because of this problem.

We were in cabin 9404 on the Dream last year and I have to admit it was a lot more noisier than we've experienced before and we usually book under the Lido deck.

It wasn't really too much of an issue for us but it definitely was much louder than we have experienced in the past under any Lido deck area.

I always study the deck plans to make sure the stateroom we want to book is "sandwiched" between staterooms above and below us. I would never want to book a room under/above the pools, lounges, etc.

Also, be careful when booking a room with an "empty white area" across from the room you are thinking about booking. I didn't think much about that last time and there were two doors across from our room. One was the "housekeeping closet" and the other was the door the room service deliverers used.

There was a lot of noise from the housekeeping closet late at night, until 1 a.m. or so, and it started up again early, 4 - 5 a.m. The door opening and banging shut constantly. The crew talking loudly, even singing and laughing. Very hard to sleep. :( Thankfully I use ear plugs on cruises because I'm a light sleeper, but DH doesn't like to use them so he didn't sleep very well at night. :(

The room service door was opened and banged shut a lot too.

So if you're a light sleeper make sure you have staterooms across from yours too!

We just returned from the Carnival Dream June 23, 2012 cruise. We always have a balcony and the higher on the ship the better. We were given a stateroom on the 9th floor mid ship and we were pleased until we spent the first night. Our room was under the pool area. Our sleep was impossible as there were people moving chairs and tables all night long. At mid night I thought It would stop because people would go to bed after the movie but not so. Then the staff doing their jobs moved every table and chair to mop under it. We complained but there were no other rooms to moved to and I know there were all the rooms on both sides of the ship from front elevators to mid elevators with the same problem. While the neighbors on each side of us were very quiet so they must have lots of insulation between us the ceiling must have none. So if you are going on the Dream stay away from the 9th floor mid ship!!!!!!!:(

The Carnival Dream's Vista Deck 9 should be considered in two sections. One has cabins on the deck above it, and the

other one has the pool, sunbathing, and buffet dining area above it.

The quieter areas are cabins 9201 through 9268 on the forward part of the Dream's Vista Deck, which has cabins on the deck above it.

We are in 9367, which if I read it right, is under the Lido restaurant so I think I'll be okay. If hubby was with us, I would move, but since it's my mom, son and brother, I think none of us are a light sleeper.

We sailed the Dream in Jan. Be VERY careful on deck 6 as well. The Lania deck sticks out and if you are above a public space there is a lot of noise. There is also the jacuzzi problem, as they are 5 steps up from the deck. If you stand in the jacuzzi area you can see directly into any room nearby and see every balcony for 10 rooms in each direction. We were directly above a mexican band dance area and jacuzzi. Noise until 1 AM every night and no privacy during the day. PVP assured us "the room is in a great location". He is no longer our PVP. Looking forward to the next one in just a little over a month.

Us too. Did it once on the Miracle (cabin under the Lido pool deck). Never again!

Yea we had the same problem withour Cove balcony on the 2nd floor on the dream. Extremely noisey. Especially real early in the AM.

A Deck 2 cove balcony is fine if you are below one of the main dining rooms. From what I've heard, you do not want to be below the galley. The jury is still out on rooms below the lobby and the theater (it may depend on what part of the lobby or theater you are under).