Ventura cabin choices which ones are best ????

delteach

I've had R238 and R242. Although shown as sheltered balconies I found there was enough sun for me. Being high up gave great views and these cabins are in a very quiet part of the ship. If you book via a travel agent, they usually have full access as to which cabins are available.

If you decide on a specific cabin remeber to get the booking marked as "not to accept an upgrade" as sometimes the upgrade may not be to your liking.

Hi we are booked to go on ventura in November have booked cabin R230 is that a good choice? Also could you please advise us about tipping we have opted for freedom dining and would rather tip as we go along does this affect your service? Is it easy to cancel the automatic tipping. Thank you have loads of questions first cruise excited!!!!

Hi we are booked to go on ventura in November have booked cabin R230 is that a good choice? Also could you please advise us about tipping we have opted for freedom dining and would rather tip as we go along does this affect your service? Is it easy to cancel the automatic tipping. Thank you have loads of questions first cruise excited!!!!

Hi, We tipped as we went along and at the end. No problems in doing so.

• 3 months later...
B749 or b748 corner aft cabins ! The best ever peace and quiet and no people traffic passing these are the only cabins on ventura we will ever consider !

we just book are first cruise, dec 2014 on the ventura and pick cabin b749. are the balcony a good size. and the view looked to be better from there. any other info u can give.

• 4 years later...
I've had R238 and R242. Although shown as sheltered balconies I found there was enough sun for me. Being high up gave great views and these cabins are in a very quiet part of the ship. If you book via a travel agent, they usually have full access as to which cabins are available.

If you decide on a specific cabin remeber to get the booking marked as "not to accept an upgrade" as sometimes the upgrade may not be to your liking.

We are in Cabin R246 which cannot be far from where you were so presume that it will be ok we do not go till next May

Raising an old thread is OK if it is about something that can't really change, such as cabin position, but other things such as decor, menu choices etc will be totally out of date. Excellent idea to use the search function, but a bit of discretion is required on a 5 year old thread.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Raising an old thread is OK if it is about something that can't really change, such as cabin position, but other things such as decor, menu choices etc will be totally out of date. Excellent idea to use the search function, but a bit of discretion is required on a 5 year old thread.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I think this one was fairly safe, nothing has changed about the cabin locations and the effect of the overhang above Riviera.

Thanks for the additional info, we spent a lot of time on the Ocean Village sitting at the aft looking away from the ship , and this is the reason we then chose an aft cabin as it will our space, hopefully we wont get plagued :D

I hope you have stated in your booking "NO UPGRADES" if you have bagged the exact cabin you want. Not doing so, in some cases can lead to an unexpected and sudden free upgrade to a higher grade cabin identical to the one you booked but simply elsewhere.

Regards John