Bring champagne on-board

STEPHEN LARKIN

:cool:Hi Everyone,

I will come straight to the point, I will be sailing from Southampton in September and I am a bit of a wine and champagne enthusiast.

I would like to bring a very expensive bottle or even bottles of champagne on-board on departure day, will this cause any problems at check-in, or will this cause a delay getting on-board ?

Cheers for any help... :cool:

Princess allows you to bring one bottle of wine (or champagne) per person. I made sure to find the biggest bottles of wine I could find! :D

I don't think you'll have any issues bringing one 1 p.p. If you want to add a few more to your checked luckage, they're not as militant about it as RCCL is.

One bottle will almost always be no problem. Princess has the right to refuse multiple bottles, but generally has not been doing so.

Please see one of the many recent wine threads for more info, there have been 3 or 4 in the past 2 weeks.

We bring it on by the case from Brooklyn, LA or FL. maybe the one bottle rule is from Southhampton?

The one-bottle rule applies to USA ports also. As mentioned above, this rule is rarely, if ever, enforced.

Lew

There is no linit stated in the contract. :D

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

You are correct there is no limit in the contract, but there is stuff about following any rules of the Captain, etc. In Australia, last September and October, they were very strict, One bottle per adult at embarkation and none at other ports.

There is no linit stated in the contract.

You're absolutely correct. However, the paragraph below which addresses passengers' responsibility to follow other rules and regulations, is part of the contract. That paragraph, along with the Alcohol Policy, also below, govern what passengers may bring onboard.

Lew

20120707-xxwu1iwk3pd5gexeeaag18wpq4.jpg

20120707-nsa44sq5i1d2xu47w9ka7ba1f1.jpg

:confused:

Hi,

We are wine buffs and travelling December 2012 with another couple from Melbourne around New Zealand (13 nights).

I see we can bring one bottle each onboard on departure day.

We will certainly take a wine package on board to enjoy with dinner but like to enjoy a pre-dinner on the cabin balcony.

Anyone tried buying in the NZ cities we visit and bringing back on board?

Welcome to Cruie Critic.

The Princess rules say one bottle of wine per adult at embarkation. Most of the time, they do not enforce this limit. They did when I was on the Dawn Princess sailing from Sydney last September and October.

Will they allow us to bring on another bottle of wine pp on a hawaian cruise since it's still u.s. territory (and allowed to consume) ?? also, will we be allowed to bring on soda/water in hawaii ??

thanks

Got on in Southampton on Sunday with three bottles in my carryon with no problem and easily could have brought on more. Unlike other lines, Princess is not known for strict enforcement of its alcohol policy. Passengers do their parts as well as you rarely see drinks aboard, unlike on other lines.

Will they allow us to bring on another bottle of wine pp on a hawaian cruise since it's still u.s. territory (and allowed to consume) ?? also, will we be allowed to bring on soda/water in hawaii ??

thanks

If the ship allows bringing on wine at any port, then it makes no difference if it is in Hawaii or elsewhere. The only problem not at the embarkation port has been with the two Princess ships based in Australia.

You can bring on soda and water in any port in any quantity.

Archived