Sea view pool on Nieuw Amsterdam

in my opinion no one enforces this. I have seen signs calling that pool "The Adult Pool" on some ships. CCers have reported that on cruises occurring when school is out of session may have children in the seaview pool. Definitely you will see them in the Lido pool. HAL doesn't officially mention this.

I have read here on cruise critic that the sea view pool is for adults only.

I have scoured the HAL website but cannot find any mention of this.

Can anyone out there advise please?

Many thanks, Gill.

Depending on the amount of children ao board any of HAL's ships, and at the discretion of whoever makes the decision, the Aft Lido (Sea View) Pool is supposed to be 18 and above.

HOWEVER, it can change from one moment to the next.

There is a sign posted (see the Link) and the sign will say if it is 18 and above or if blank like in the photo, it is for all ages:( http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Lido-Aft-Pool-IRL_Joanie-6.jpg

Joanie

There is a sign that states that pool is for 18 years and older but Joanie is right it is up to the discretion of whom ever is in charge.

Most passengers abide by the rule, but there is always some passengers that ignore the sign. The center pool is for adults and children.

For me the link is coming up "Forbidden ... you don't have permission to access ..." :(

Will post this differently. As a Thumbnail in next post

See if this works. Some people have a problem, I believe, because of the way they have their browser(s) set up to view sites. It can also be an Anti Virus program that is in use by a user that blocks images....

Here is one of the Signs I took a photo of on the Nieuw Amsterdam Sea View Pool, just after passing the Lido Restaurant:

Joanie

Will post this differently. As a Thumbnail in next post

See if this works. Some people have a problem, I believe, because of the way they have their browser(s) set up to view sites. It can also be an Anti Virus program that is in use by a user that blocks images....

Here is one of the Signs I took a photo of on the Nieuw Amsterdam Sea View Pool, just after passing the Lido Restaurant.

Joanie

Hope this works.... A month or so ago, I started having problems with posting my thumbnails and regular sized graphics on CC. Have no idea why, but..

Lido-Aft-Pool-IRL_Joanie-6.jpg.726ec7e303e1258bf1fb09b2df4d6d94.jpg

Joanie

Hope this works.... A month or so ago, I started having problems with posting my thumbnails and regular sized graphics on CC. Have no idea why, but..

I can now see the sign but there's no way I can read what's printed on it. And, I have good eyesight. ;)

[ATTACH]238881[/ATTACH]

Joanie

This sign came out loud and clear. I, too, was forbidden to go to your initial post. Thank you for redoing the link.

I was on the NA last winter and it was not a problem. We did not have a lot of children but we did have some children and teens on board. Those under 18 kind of stayed in the mid ship pool area. In the summer it might be different. I will be on the Volendam the middle of next week and I will take note if we have warm weather.

We were on the NA last January with 300 kids on board, it wasn't a problem in the SeaView pool. I did see two girls try to go into the pool one afternoon, but a security officer told them it was adults only and they went back to the mid ship pool area.

• 2 weeks later...

We saw the "no children" policy enforced on a daily basis while on the Nieuw Amsterdam last summer in the Med. The "pool police" hung out in the shaded area of the aft deck for several hours each afternoon asking parents to get their children out of the pool. Most were apologetic--didn't seem to see the signs. Some were argumentative. Some returned each day to try to sneak in again.

We saw the "no children" policy enforced on a daily basis while on the Nieuw Amsterdam last summer in the Med. The "pool police" hung out in the shaded area of the aft deck for several hours each afternoon asking parents to get their children out of the pool. Most were apologetic--didn't seem to see the signs. Some were argumentative. Some returned each day to try to sneak in again.

HAL is starting to enforce rules?

That is a first.

I have read here on cruise critic that the sea view pool is for adults only.

I have scoured the HAL website but cannot find any mention of this.

Can anyone out there advise please?

Many thanks, Gill.

Was on NA in december and noted that sea view pool had a sign posted that it was an adult pool only;) Of course this goes along with no saving deck chairs and pool side chairs:mad:. Of course there were not many kids on this cruise so the posting was moot. Love HAL and we are cruising 28 days in Octomber and will probably never go in any pool as we have not in all of our crusing:D. Enjoy your cruise and stick with Hal:)

Archived