A Romantic Dining Experience on the Riviera

kennethwthomas17

This will be our first cruise on Oceania. We will be sailing from Rome on our 41st Wedding Anniversary April 28, 2013. We are very interested in comments regarding which dining venue you would select as the most romantic and memorable experience for the first evening? Thank you.

First off, congratulations on the upcoming anniversary. I was on the Riviera maiden voyage this past May celebrating, among other things, our 30th.

I would definitely go with one of the four specialty restaurants. If you are looking to do that “special” anniversary dinner your first night on board, note that you won’t be able to pre-book the first night for one of your designated reservations.

That being said, the specialty restaurants are open the first night. We were able to get a seating in Red Ginger by just walking in.

For an anniversary venue recommendation (IMHO), I would go in this order:

1.) Toscana

2.) Jacques

3.) Polo

4.) Red Ginger

ENJOY!

Has no one mentioned La Reserve? Of course, you would have to dine with other people! And it might not be available on that very evening.

If you want an intimate, by yourselves meal, then I would suggest whichever of the specialty restaurants is your favorite. For us, that would be Jacques. For others it would be Red Ginger. And for even more others, it would be Polo or Toscana.

If you are in a suite, you might prefer dining there with meal choices from the various restaurants. You have lots of choices!

We are somewhat close in anniversaries ... we'll be celebrating our 40th on April 1st, 2013 ... but we won't be on your cruise!

Mura

We celebrated our 40th in Polo (Regatta) ask for a table overlooking the aft

Great date BTW

I was born on that date many years before though LOL

Lyn

Lyn, so was my husband! Probably many years before you though! :)

First off, congratulations on the upcoming anniversary. I was on the Riviera maiden voyage this past May celebrating, among other things, our 30th.

I would definitely go with one of the four specialty restaurants. If you are looking to do that “special” anniversary dinner your first night on board, note that you won’t be able to pre-book the first night for one of your designated reservations.

That being said, the specialty restaurants are open the first night. We were able to get a seating in Red Ginger by just walking in.

For an anniversary venue recommendation (IMHO), I would go in this order:

1.) Toscana

2.) Jacques

3.) Polo

4.) Red Ginger

ENJOY!

You can book the first night in the specialty restaurants, I just did.;)

Archived