Royal Vacation Planner

We did not know this and have not come across this on the boards, but we recently found out that you can book with a Royal Caribbean Vacation Planner up to 14 days after a cruise and still get benefits as if you booked on board.

You can get the $100 Next Cruise certificate and the OBC associated with On Board booking. No more wasting precocious vacation time waiting to see the Loyalty Ambassador.

We did not know that and thought we would share.

We did not know this and have not come across this on the boards, but we recently found out that you can book with a Royal Caribbean Vacation Planner up to 14 days after a cruise and still get benefits as if you booked on board.

You can get the $100 Next Cruise certificate and the OBC associated with On Board booking. No more wasting precocious vacation time waiting to see the Loyalty Ambassador.

We did not know that and thought we would share.

Great to know, thanks for sharing the info. Happy cruising.:D

That is right. It is another of those little known facts. We were told this on the Radiance in May and called the Future Cruise Desk when we got home and they confirmed it.

Wish I had known this before. Tried to book an appointment with the "future cruise consultant" on about day 4 of a 7 day cruise and alas, nothing available. Put ourselves on the waitlist, and were never called. We would have called and booked as soon as we had gotten home if we knew.

Okay Royal, how about making phone calls to the staterooms of people on the back-up waitlist to let them know (even an automated message would work).

You're welcome everyone, we always wasted a couple of hours of precious vacation time booking on board. The only way I found out was I mentioned to our vacation Planner that we have a cruise picked out to book on our up coming cruise and that is when she informed us of this new promotion.

Congrats RCI for working with us repeat cruisers!!

Funny cuz I talked to RCCL tonite..they knew nothing about it........However,they said sometimes people forget to turn in their forms and they will honor them within two weeks on a case to case basis..She told me there wasn't any promotion

Our Gal at RCI said you have to talk to a "Certified Vacation Planner" not just call in. Is there a difference of just calling the main number and calling your specific planner? She also stated that her clients know more about what is going on than they do. Perhaps the person you were speaking with didn't get the memo?:D

Our Gal at RCI said you have to talk to a "Certified Vacation Planner" not just call in.

Must be something about that- we basically only book via our CVP, and since we forgot to book DW's birthday celebration B2B while on board a cruise, when we called in, he managed to get us a package as if we booked on board. Pretty sweet.

for most of our cruises, we don't find it a big deal to sit with a vacation planner for an hour. It's still relaxing, and very nice to talk to a person to get to know them. It has paid off in other ways a few times.

Must be something about that- we basically only book via our CVP, and since we forgot to book DW's birthday celebration B2B while on board a cruise, when we called in, he managed to get us a package as if we booked on board. Pretty sweet.

Guess those who don't book with a CVP are outta luck..

Ok how do you get a CVP?:confused:

Back when we re-started cruising in 2009, I booked a 3 night Majesty cruise, and our CVP called to check on things. He was really nice at the time, and we've worked with him every since.

While we *can* book via a "status" person, we perfer to talk to him, as he's handled all of our RCI bookings brilliantly.

What I would suggest is to call the main RCI help number, and ask to be called back by a Certified Vacation Planner- if you like them, keep working with them.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=cvp

The phone number here for a "CVP" is the same general number at the bottom of the main RCCL website. I think a "CVP" is anyone who takes bookings over the phone. They're just trying to make it sound like it's something special when it's not. Of course if someone has used a phone sales person before and wants the same one again there's no reason they can't, but it seems obvious ALL sales agents are "CVP's":rolleyes:

The phone number here for a "CVP" is the same general number at the bottom of the main RCCL website. I think a "CVP" is anyone who takes bookings over the phone. They're just trying to make it sound like it's something special when it's not. Of course if someone has used a phone sales person before and wants the same one again there's no reason they can't, but it seems obvious ALL sales agents are "CVP's":rolleyes:

Interesting HAL has what is called a Personal Cruise Consultant or "PCC" once assigned to you they will get you OBC, Price drops, etc. They are not the same folks that you if you just call to book a cruise. BTY thanks for the link.

I have a different number for my CVP. I can't remember how we got her and she is even the replacement for our original guy. I'll ask her how someone gets a CVP....I thought everyone had one.:confused:

Do you use a travel agent, or just DIY?

We have gotten special treatment from our CVP. :D He's the one who told us about getting the on board booking even after we left. And them some.

YMMV, but we find being as nice as they are tends to get us more than just getting a cabin.

Do you use a travel agent, or just DIY?

We have gotten special treatment from our CVP. :D He's the one who told us about getting the on board booking even after we left. And them some.

YMMV, but we find being as nice as they are tends to get us more than just getting a cabin.

Really?? what else can they get you?:confused:

Ours is getting a bottle of wine waiting for us even though we are not D+. I can't really say what else she specifically does for us but she is a great help when we need something.

wow......that is very interesting.....

Archived