Happy Hour?

cherrypop

For Platinum and Elite they have a daily cocktail hour with a different reduced price drink each day along with hor dourves. Other drink specials are available in other parts of the ship. Also the drink of the day is available most anytime of the day.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Princess has a happy hour, I can't seem to remember.

Thanks

They had a "Power Hour" from 8p to close.

It was listed in the back of the bar drink menu.

It has dissappeared, however Pia said on her CB cruise earlier this month that it was hidden but still available.

It was gone from the Star last month. :rolleyes:

The Platinum/Elite bar thats open from 5p to 7p is another story, it started out at $2.99 for the selected drink of the evening then went to $3.99, now $5.00 (another :rolleyes:). It is also hit and miss mostly being the $5 charge now. :mad:

Really no deal now.

They had a "Power Hour" from 8p to close.

It was listed in the back of the bar drink menu.

It has dissappeared, however Pia said on her CB cruise earlier this month that it was hidden but still available.

It was gone from the Star last month. :rolleyes:

The Platinum/Elite bar thats open from 5p to 7p is another story, it started out at $2.99 for the selected drink of the evening then went to $3.99, now $5.00 (another :rolleyes:). It is also hit and miss mostly being the $5 charge now. :mad:

Really no deal now.

Sorry to hear that. We have just come back to Princess after a 4 yr absence. Last cruise on Radiance we had a 3 hr happy hour, complimentary drinks of course, & a great hors d'oeuvres buffet. Celebrity gave us a 2 hr happy hour, complimentary drinks, of course & the hors d'oeuvres too.

Hubby doesn't drink, and I only drink wine, so unless we meet up with some friendly folk there, I can't see the point.

Sorry to hear that. We have just come back to Princess after a 4 yr absence. Last cruise on Radiance we had a 3 hr happy hour, complimentary drinks of course, & a great hors d'oeuvres buffet. Celebrity gave us a 2 hr happy hour, complimentary drinks, of course & the hors d'oeuvres too.

Hubby doesn't drink, and I only drink wine, so unless we meet up with some friendly folk there, I can't see the point.

To my recollection, Princess has never had complimentary drinks and snackies and they still don't.

Wow!! In April on the Golden it was still 3.99!! Can't imagine what it will be in Feb on the Emerald!!

If you're talking about Power Hour, I doubt price will change. If of course there is a Power Hour at all.

I just remembered after reading this thread that we did have the power hour on the Diamond last year. I can't remember if the prices were 2.99 or 3.99 but either way, it was a better deal and easier on the onboard account. I really do hope they have this again on the Sapphire this year. Any recent Sapphire cruisers remember seeing this? If I recall correctly, it wasn't "well" advertised, but I recall Club Fusion having a sign at the bar with the deal.

If we are traveling with my parents and they are Elite can we join them for the drinks and appys?

Yep, guests within reason are welcome, although I think they'd have to charge the reduced price drinks (which, strictly speaking, you're not entitled to) to their cruise cards. There's a different dish featured each night, including lovely Stilton in port, goat cheese, and sometimes steak tartare.

Usually twice per cruise Princess has a gathering in the atrium on decks 5, 6 &7. They are the champagne waterfall party and the Captain's welcome party (not to be confused with the Captain's Circle Parties). The waiters walk around with premixed drinks, such as whiskey sours and rum punch and non alcoholic drinks plus hors d'hoeuvres. If you ask, the waiter will bring you wine. This is complementary, no charge. There is no "Diamond +" lounge with free drinks like they have on RCCL. Elite Captain's Circle members get a complementary mini bar setup in their cabin.

Yep, guests within reason are welcome, although I think they'd have to charge the reduced price drinks (which, strictly speaking, you're not entitled to) to their cruise cards. There's a different dish featured each night, including lovely Stilton in port, goat cheese, and sometimes steak tartare.

Our guests paid for their own drinks at the reduced price.

We are going to be platinum on our next cruise. Where can we inquire about the cocktail time?

If the card with the information is not in your cabin, ask the Captain's Circle Host/Hostess. His/her office hours will be posted in the Patter.

• 3 weeks later...
Usually twice per cruise Princess has a gathering in the atrium on decks 5, 6 &7. They are the champagne waterfall party and the Captain's welcome party (not to be confused with the Captain's Circle Parties). The waiters walk around with premixed drinks, such as whiskey sours and rum punch and non alcoholic drinks plus hors d'hoeuvres. If you ask, the waiter will bring you wine. This is complementary, no charge. There is no "Diamond +" lounge with free drinks like they have on RCCL. Elite Captain's Circle members get a complementary mini bar setup in their cabin.

Thanks for the info sknight. We usually dont' go to the champagne waterfall but always hit the Capt parties for the dancing (and free :obooze).

I just remembered after reading this thread that we did have the power hour on the Diamond last year. I can't remember if the prices were 2.99 or 3.99 but either way, it was a better deal and easier on the onboard account. I really do hope they have this again on the Sapphire this year. Any recent Sapphire cruisers remember seeing this? If I recall correctly, it wasn't "well" advertised, but I recall Club Fusion having a sign at the bar with the deal.

But the glasses are half the size of the normal priced drinks.

So you get 1/2 sized drink for about 50% of the cost of a normal one. It is such a good deal that I suggest you get 2 of them.

But the glasses are half the size of the normal priced drinks.

So you get 1/2 sized drink for about 50% of the cost of a normal one. It is such a good deal that I suggest you get 2 of them.

But it's HAPPY HOUR. You're expected to attend & spend money even though you'll be late for dinner or the show. :D:D;)

Archived