Mark Conroy interview

kvisf

Well, interesting interview with nothing said about the new build. As to the included excursions, have to say that Mark is completely off base with his comment regarding the price of "included excursions" as well as the amount choice excursions are priced.

As many others have pointed out by comparing prices of identical excursions, there is no way that Regent is including excursions up to $220. And, even more blatant is his comment that the charge for choice excursions is discounted by $220 with the passenger paying only a dollar figure of the excursion price less $220.

Appears that Regent Management is just as disingenuous as the marketing people touting lower fares that are the same or higher than previous ones.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Have probably taken our last Regent cruise as we won't be subject to these continuous exaggerations, erroneous messages and blatant lies!!

There will always be people who choose to leave Regent for another line. Fortunately, there are more people who move from another line to Regent. Appreciate the fact that Mark Conroy has been giving so many interviews.:)

I did feel this interview was not all that forthcoming. I have never known them to discount the price of tours. As a matter of fact, the last time we cruised together, the first part WITHOUT included tours had a completely different feeling than the second part which did include tours. The crowd became more centered on the bar and less dignified. I also do NOT like included tours, as you know, and I RESENT having them included in the price when I won't use them, so this is one of the big reasons we are not cruising Regent. Also, this is a personal thing, but if Mr. Conroy could take a page from Mr. del Rio's book, his ships would look more "spiffy and happy". I will say the staterooms on Regent are really large and you can't go wrong that way, but the rest just isn't there--for us. The only thing we really miss is cruising with you and Dennis!

Carole, you know that we also resent having included excursions and agree completely with your comments regarding them. On the other hand, thanks to Mark Conroys previous interviews, I understand why they began offering included excursions. Still hoping that Regent may offer an opt out option sometime in the future.

We do see things differently in terms of the ships. When you last sailed on the Voyager, the furniture in your suite was a bit shabby (IMO, a Master Suite should never look that way). Although all the suites have been refurbished, I believe that the powers that be want Regent and Oceania to have completely different "looks". When I look at the decor of the two cruise lines, I can definitely see why you prefer Oceania.;) We also hope to sail with both of you again...... maybe on Silversea?

Wow Jackie, Heresy from you. I understand, however, SS has always been our line of choice. The itinerary in SE Asia didn't measure up and that's why we will be on Regent for 34 nights. Not to say we feel as if we're slumming, just prefer Whisper to all other ships; plus the slightly better food and of course formal nights. We like to get dressed up on occasion.:D

We are new to cruising and Regent and I would have to say the all inclusive concept INCLUDING excursions was a big drawcard in our decision to go headlong into the RSSC Mariner Circle South America cruise in 2013. We are going somewhere we have never been before and may never go again. Usual cruise destinations out of Australia (where we live) are of little appeal and although we have travelled quite widely elsewhere via land based travel this cruise allowed us to go where normal travel would be awkward and this, combined with the all included concept, was a deal breaker.

For us, the ship as a destination is only part of the show yet I believe we are exactly the people Mark Conroy and Regent are trying to attract as customers.

But frankly, we may never cruise again regardless of the experience, but whilst we are on board we intend to make the most of everything we have paid for. I understand many seasoned Regent stalwarts could object to paying for something they don't use and I put that into the category where we get a small compensation in lieu of no airfares or luggage allowances and know in this regard North American based passengers are better off. Not everyone wins all the time. I just hope no-one minds that we will be enjoying all Regent has to offer and wish us well :).

Archived