Easiest way to check for price drop?

I just booked the Jewel for our 30th anniversary next July. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to check if our stateroom category has dropped in price?

I booked our first aft on deck 10-superior ocean view stateroom- 1104. I can't believe it was available. Anyone had this stateroom?

Thanks for any help.

Doreen

Don't you think it would be a good idea for RCCL to have an alert system for price drops? I know it would cost them some money, but even if another of the big internet companies were to do it, it would be a great advantage.

I usually book directly with RCCL and it is such a pain to wade through all the options on a daily or even weekly basis to find price changes. Right now I am booked in a JS in December and love seeing the prices go UP. I marvel at the deal I got and it actually encourages me to book early to get a good price on an aft JS.:D

Don't you think it would be a good idea for RCCL to have an alert system for price drops? I know it would cost them some money, but even if another of the big internet companies were to do it, it would be a great advantage.

I usually book directly with RCCL and it is such a pain to wade through all the options on a daily or even weekly basis to find price changes. Right now I am booked in a JS in December and love seeing the prices go UP. I marvel at the deal I got and it actually encourages me to book early to get a good price on an aft JS.:D

Why would Royal Caribbean want to make it easy for its customers to pay them less?!?!?!?!??!?!

:confused:

I DID book with RCCL through their website. That's what I meant-what's the easiest way to check THRU the website-do I have to do a fake booking all over again-how do I check my category without doing that? Do I have to call every day?

I did this 3 yrs. ago before they changed the website. I could check easier, but it seems more convoluted now. I'm always reading on this forum how lots of folks check for price drops-that's what I'm asking.

I DID book with RCCL through their website. That's what I meant-what's the easiest way to check THRU the website-do I have to do a fake booking all over again-how do I check my category without doing that? Do I have to call every day?

I did this 3 yrs. ago before they changed the website. I could check easier, but it seems more convoluted now. I'm always reading on this forum how lots of folks check for price drops-that's what I'm asking.

This is how I check. I do a fake booking every day

I also just check daily. And to save time entering all the info I just bookmarked the search page once my cruise is listed. We are on the Allure on 28th April. This is the link I have bookmarked...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?pagename=homepage_redesign_nobooking_intl&actionType=&cruiseType=CO&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&eventSource=ship&dest=&date=201303&port=&ship=AL

You can't go any further in the booking process and then bookmark it because the session will time out. I only takes me about 30 seconds and I have my cruise listed.

I also just check daily. And to save time entering all the info I just bookmarked the search page once my cruise is listed. We are on the Allure on 28th April. This is the link I have bookmarked...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?pagename=homepage_redesign_nobooking_intl&actionType=&cruiseType=CO&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&eventSource=ship&dest=&date=201303&port=&ship=AL

You can't go any further in the booking process and then bookmark it because the session will time out. I only takes me about 30 seconds and I have my cruise listed.

It's no problem if you click the link and it says that the session has timed out. Just click the link again and it will use the timed cookie that the first click deposited.

It's no problem if you click the link and it says that the session has timed out. Just click the link again and it will use the timed cookie that the first click deposited.

Oh yeah, that would be good if I check multiple times a day. But due to my work I must clear all my cookies/cache every night before bed! It's annoying having to sign into every forum each morning!

I try to cover the bases and do both. I check the RC website regularly, and I use the 3rd party site. Both are easy enough to do without a lot of effort. If I get a price drop, awesome, if I don't... oh, well. I'm still going on a cruise! :D

Archived