NCL The eye in the sky

luv2cruise53

I recently posted on several threads that NCL has at least 15 employees who monitor all the boards and blogs. Not in a sense of actually spying but more of a quality control issue. Several posters decried this false. A poster just recently complained about NCL e-mail and recieving spam mail. Several posters replied with suggestions and here was the 5th post

Dear mraven,

Thank you for posting your concerns on Cruise Critic.

We apologize for the confusion and the excessive emails you've been receiving. Please send the email address you would like us to look into to socialmedia@ncl.com so can we work with our Marketing team.

Regards,

Norwegian Public Relations

Norwegian Cruise Line

www.ncl.com

So apparently NCL is up there in cyberspace. They rarely post back but they are always relaying items to appropriate departments.

I think it's a good thing. They stay on top and try to improve.

Wat to go NCL:D

Kev:cool:

I recently posted on several threads that NCL has at least 15 employees who monitor all the boards and blogs. Not in a sense of actually spying but more of a quality control issue. Several posters decried this false. A poster just recently complained about NCL e-mail and recieving spam mail. Several posters replied with suggestions and here was the 5th post

Dear mraven,

We apologize for the confusion and the excessive emails you've been receiving. Please send the email address you would like us to look into to socialmedia@ncl.com so can we work with our Marketing team.

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line

www.ncl.com

So apparently NCL is up there in cyberspace. They rarely post back but they are always relaying items to appropriate departments.

I've seen a few posts by NCL, I think it' pretty cool. They know what their customers are saying.

Dear mraven,

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line

www.ncl.com

Before you go giving NCL a TON of credit that they may or may not deserve, consider that all they are doing with these posts is taking problems off of the boards (in other words...out of the public eye) and bringing them into their social media department.

We never hear any of the details about the issues. We never hear how (IF) the issue gets resolved, it just disappears into the either.

NCL is hiding their problems behind social media...I personally wish they would just handle the issues here IN THE OPEN where everyone could see, hear, learn, and benefit from how the situation is worked out.

Let's keep in mind that some issues require disclosure of personal info to work out. A CC member, can always come back and report on how an issue was resolved (if it is). I can vouch for the fact that on one occasion I provided some information via email and my concerns were quickly addressed (it was a web issue). I appreciate that there is someone jumping in and letting folks know who to contact.

Before you go giving NCL a TON of credit that they may or may not deserve, consider that all they are doing with these posts is taking problems off of the boards (in other words...out of the public eye) and bringing them into their social media department.

We never hear any of the details about the issues. We never hear how (IF) the issue gets resolved, it just disappears into the either.

NCL is hiding their problems behind social media...I personally wish they would just handle the issues here IN THE OPEN where everyone could see, hear, learn, and benefit from how the situation is worked out.

I disagree. Why do we deserve the details?

And you would want your personal information bandied about on the internet for all to see? Posters always have the option of coming back to the thread and letting everyone know everything turned out well and they also have the option of coming back to the thread and letting everyone know that it wasn't worked out at all. I have seen both happen.

At least they don't tell the poster with complaints . Your not allowed to book our cruises anymore ,like rccl did another poster said they told her a few years back:eek:

Before you go giving NCL a TON of credit that they may or may not deserve,

I will agree with part of this and disagree with the other.

Um, of course they are taking the problem off the boards and into NCL. Probably the reason they are signed "public relations". Thats their job to see that someone in the company is actually hearing the complaint. Their job is to see that the right department is contacted to deal with the issue.

This statement is not true. There seems to be those posts that find CC to yell loud and clear that no one in NCL is listening or responding to them. But don't feel the need to come back and yell just as loud, "thanks NCL PR for getting me help". I'm pretty sure if they didn't get their problem solved they would be back again.

However I have seen posts from regular posters that have come on to say they couldn't get a response in NCL. And then came back to say "thanks NCL PR for helping get my issue resolved".

Are you kidding me? If you were the one with the issues would you really want the whole thing posted on an open forum, instead of being able to pick and choose what information that you detailed. Also the PR's job is not to fix the problem but to direct it in the right department to get fixed.

Webcare is the correct verb, a lot of companies have a webcare team to counter and resolve complaints being thrown on the web through Facebook, Twitter etc. Fact is that a lot of those complaints wouldn't reach a company in the past because consumers didn't felt like posting a letter through snailmail. Nowadays a complaint is quickly made, i.e. through a quick tweet ""#slow #NCL #longque @ Garden Cafe #Epic pffff annoying".

So setting up a webcare team is a great plus, either for the company and for the consumers since the field of communication is changing these days.

And for the taking it behind the boards, social media is very powerfull. Companies who erase tweets or deny and cover up problems, who don't interact with negative publicity will be in the short run in the end. A negative story or unresolved issue will be brought back by the consumer.

Must have been after I last sailed with them (or I wasn't paying attention).

It's so sad, we aren't in a "home away from home", we aren't "part of the their family" From what I can make out from the words of the new song. Now they are the family making room for us :D.

NCL has been monitoring these and other boards for many years now. Generally they don't interfere but occasionally they do step in and comment or solve a problem. Even Mr Sheehan checks out CC.

I also pass along information to DS if it concerns his current ship and is something that he is able to do something about. Recently I had him checking reception for a lost phone.

It would be foolish to ignore forums and boards in this day and age even tho it still only represents a small portion of the cruising public. It's a vocal section of the public so it provides an easy way to be involved and to know what the public may be thinking.

I'd like to know why / how you think there are at least 15 people in this PR / Social Media department?

I'd be far more inclined to think it's 1 headcount....

:confused: I'm curious what you think "social media" is.

I disagree. Why do we deserve the details?

I agree. Though it is great when companies are open with issues, it is none of our damn business how they handle things. Really!

If you'd take your finger off the trigger for a moment and read the post, you might see that this is actually the point!

Do we deserve the details? NO! Of course not! But then, should we be hearing the details of the problem since we don't deserve to hear the details of the resolution??

I agree...if its none of "our damn business how they handle things", then we shouldn't be seeing the rest of the issue either.

If you want to post your issue in a public forum, then the public has the right to hear all sides of the issue and the public has the right to hear the entire issue...from OP through final resolution.

If these things need to be private, then the entire matter should be handled in a private forum where it can be kept away from those who have no business seeing it.

You can't carry out private business in a public forum.

Maybe if NCL would address these problem in the public forums, then future cruisers could learn from the issues and know what they should be doing when/if these issues occur on future sailings. However, if you hide the solution to problems and the answers to issues, nobody can learn from it.

:confused: I'm curious what you think "social media" is.

To satisfy your curiosity, I think (in the context of this thread) that the term "social media" refers to the email address where complaints go. This was established by NCL's post that the OP referenced at the start of the thread (reproduced below):

Dear mraven,

We apologize for the confusion and the excessive emails you've been receiving. Please send the email address you would like us to look into to socialmedia[/color]@ncl.com"]socialmedia@ncl.com so can we work with our Marketing team.

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line

www.ncl.com

Hope that is the answer you are looking for. If you have other issues with why the term selected is "social media", I suggest you contact NCL directly. Being that they picked the term, they are probably best equipped to explain why for you.

If you'd take your finger off the trigger for a moment and read the post, you might see that this is actually the point!

Do we deserve the details? NO! Of course not! But then, should we be hearing the details of the problem since we don't deserve to hear the details of the resolution??

I agree...if its none of "our damn business how they handle things", then we shouldn't be seeing the rest of the issue either.

If you want to post your issue in a public forum, then the public has the right to hear all sides of the issue and the public has the right to hear the entire issue...from OP through final resolution.

If these things need to be private, then the entire matter should be handled in a private forum where it can be kept away from those who have no business seeing it.

You can't carry out private business in a public forum.

Maybe if NCL would address these problem in the public forums, then future cruisers could learn from the issues and know what they should be doing when/if these issues occur on future sailings. However, if you hide the solution to problems and the answers to issues, nobody can learn from it.

Sorry, still disagree.

LOL..I SO disagree.

Have you spent any time on the CCL boards?? Total fiasco! NCL is business smart to watch these boards and handle issues. As for whether the issues are fixed or not is no secret. The posters will usually come back to post that NCL took care of them. It's up to THEM if details are revealed or not.

EDITED..to say I see a bunch of other people said the same exact thing. I should have read all the way through before posting.

I'd like to know why / how you think there are at least 15 people in this PR / Social Media department?

I'd be far more inclined to think it's 1 headcount....

To be honest with you I have no idea where I came up with 15....duh...I really cannot honestly say how many there are actually or maybe only 1....I believe that I must have read it off one of these types of boards most likely CC, because that figure stuck in my head and I wouldn't know any other way how I would come up with that kind of figure. So take the # with a grain of salt, as I cannot aver with any confidence where I read or heard it.:D

Kev:cool: But at least we know somebody up in the cloud is watching!!:o

Archived