Jewel of the Seas Southern Packed Lunch

I am going on a cruise Jewel of the Seas southern in May I was wondering if you can bring a lunch on the ports for that cruise cause there some kinds if food I can't eat I cant have spicy,creole,greasy or jerked and i have heard lots of the food in the caribbean is that I know to bring a bottle water off with me,The last time We cruies on the freedom and ate at a port I got sick they told Me it wasn't spicy and it was

I am going on a cruise Jewel of the Seas southern in May I was wondering if you can bring a lunch on the ports for that cruise...

Sorry, no food can be removed from the ship unless it is pre-packaged (like granola bars, pre-packaged cookies, nuts, or crackers, etc.). There are signs stating this and it will be printed in your daily Cruise Compass.

You can bring your own bars or snacks onboard to take with you for excursions; that's what I do and it saves the day sometimes. :)

It's been a rare occurrence that I've actually eaten ashore. We usually have a big breakfast, and then have a snack once we get back onboard before dinner. But, you can definitely find places that you can eat at - not everything will be spicy or greasy in the caribbean!

Do a search ahead of time, either through the Ports of Calls board here on CC, or online. Go prepared with a list of places you want to eat at. Also, don't be afraid to speak up when you order.

prepackaged foods are allowed, as mentioned above. So, if you like power bars or granola bars or such, pack your own from home. On the ship you will only find a few prepackaged foods...often small boxes of breakfast cereal...sometimes two packs of crackers...sometimes small containers of peanut butter or cream cheese. other times such items are served from bulk containers, so if it is important to you, packing your own from home may be best.

I am going on a cruise Jewel of the Seas southern in May I was wondering if you can bring a lunch on the ports for that cruise cause there some kinds if food I can't eat I cant have spicy,creole,greasy or jerked and i have heard lots of the food in the caribbean is that I know to bring a bottle water off with me,The last time We cruies on the freedom and ate at a port I got sick they told Me it wasn't spicy and it was

What excursions do you have planned at each port? If you eat a large breakfast, lunch may not be necessary depending on what you're planning to do. I've been to each of those islands. Some excursions included lunch, some didn't. Sometimes we bought a small snack while in port, sometimes we just waited until we got back to the ship. No worries.

Archived