Never thought it would happen

Shogun

Hi Jimmyvwine

One issue out of a few was TA wanting to charge for flight changes were we had Princess flexi flights so no charge from Princess.

yours Shogun

Again, a reason to change TAs, not change cruise lines.

Hi TracieABD

We cancelled our cruises and took the hit in lost monies paid and onboard credits,

Hi Caribill

We wanted Princess to take over booking but TA would not do this unless he still got his commission

yours Shogun

Two of my three all time best/favorite cruises were not on Princess. There are other lines that provide an equal experience and sometimes better itineraries.

Pam, what were your 3 all-time favorite cruises?? Thanks- Susie

Hi TracieABD

We cancelled our cruises and took the hit in lost monies paid and onboard credits,

Hi Caribill

We wanted Princess to take over booking but TA would not do this unless he still got his commission

yours Shogun

Have you formulated a plan for future travel? You absolutely cannot give up cruising, and I hope you don't give up on Princess.

Sorry for your difficulties and frustrations.

We cruise a wide variety of cruise lines -- Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Cunard and NCL presently. Really enjoy Cunard, don't know if you would find them easier to work with??

Regardless, we only book a cruise with a TA. We handle everything else ourselves. We find we do better on our own. This is especially true of airline tickets and routings. Hotels too though, get a better deal ourselves.

We have found that sometimes cruiselines make rules that do not make sense. Several years ago, we were on a HAL cruise out of Rome. We asked about a transfer when we booked, were told not included. Later HAL discounted the cruise and included the transfer. So we asked our TA to call HAL and ask for the tranfer for us. HAL said no. So our TA cancelled and rebooked for us. Then we got the transfer and the discounted fare. What a way to do business... HAL would have been ahead if they allowed the transfer, but no they refused.

YOur trip seems somewhat complicated, I do think I would handled myself vs rely on a TA or cruiseline to do so.

Hi All

Well today I called a TA one that does not have any shops,

and asked about a cruise in November, as we have time off work, dog sitter booked etc

I was open to any cruise line, expected RCI as they have some good deals,

also looked at MSC, he then said there was a very good deal on a cruise out of Rome going to Venice, cost included overnight in hotel, transfers, flights, and flights from Scotland to England,

cost per day was a lot less than my cruise on the Grand

so I said I would take it,

Oh I forgot to ask what ship, his reply the Crown Princess,

my old friend,

funny how things work out,

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. If the previous TA was the one we used for our Canada cruise, the one in the town near you, then I would not have touched them with a barge pole either, after our last experience.

We have recently come off Ruby Princess and spent some time with Liz, the Australian who showed us around Crown. She remembered us all.

It would be interesting to find out which TA you are using now. I stick with our local now who are also very big internet cruise agents. I can trust them.

I agree with you that the charter flights to a cruise were a great idea - no hassle.

Good luck with the next cruise.

Hi Caber

It was the one you are thinking of with a head office at DD1

my last cruise was with one from the North of England that gives you a dividend

The Royal is with one from Glasgow that uses a few trading names on line

Then another is direct with Princess

This one was booked by a company that is owned by a cruise line

Do not want to give names as this would break the rules.

yours Shogun

Hi All

Well today I called a TA one that does not have any shops,

and asked about a cruise in November, as we have time off work, dog sitter booked etc

I was open to any cruise line, expected RCI as they have some good deals,

also looked at MSC, he then said there was a very good deal on a cruise out of Rome going to Venice, cost included overnight in hotel, transfers, flights, and flights from Scotland to England,

cost per day was a lot less than my cruise on the Grand

so I said I would take it,

Oh I forgot to ask what ship, his reply the Crown Princess,

my old friend,

funny how things work out,

yours Shogun

Congratulations on finding a new TA, and on the surprise. Hope they are all as pleasant in the future.

Shogun, sorry you had so many problems and I will miss meeting you and Mrs. Shogun on the TA on the Grand in November. I read on the roll call you had cancelled.

Hope to see you on the maiden Royal TA in '13 ???

Archived