Restrictions on Carry-on bags?

bomabound

I can't seem to find the answer to my questions about carry-on bags and am hoping somebody here can help.

Does anybody know if there is a size restriction for carry-on bags, such as what you see at the airport? For example, can a large duffle bag or small suitcase be carried on, or does Princess want all large bags to be checked and delivered to the cabins?

Also, are there any restrictions on liquids like you see at the airport? I am wondering if there is any concern with say bottles of suntan lotion, etc.

Thanks!

The X-ray machine is your only obstacle. It's not huge so if your bag will fit in an overhead bin on a plane, it'll fit through the X-ray machine. I define a "large" duffel as a 30" duffel, which won't fit. A gym duffel or something like that will fit.

It depends upon the port. The scanners in San Pedro (LA) are quite large and we saw someone with a 26/28" suitcase that they carried on. In Vancouver they strictly limit carry-on bags to the same size as the airports with the same sizing device. This is the Canadian Port officials and not Princess. I tried to carry on a 25" bag and even before the sizing device (and several 100 feet before the scanners) I was told to go back to the entrance and check my bag with the porters. When we got to the scanners it looked like my bag would have fit through with ease. As I remember, there were some restrictions in Buenos Aires also.

It depends upon the port. The scanners in San Pedro (LA) are quite large and we saw someone with a 26/28" suitcase that they carried on. In Vancouver they strictly limit carry-on bags to the same size as the airports with the same sizing device. This is the Canadian Port officials and not Princess. I tried to carry on a 25" bag and even before the sizing device (and several 100 feet before the scanners) I was told to go back to the entrance and check my bag with the porters. When we got to the scanners it looked like my bag would have fit through with ease. As I remember, there were some restrictions in Buenos Aires also.

That happened to me once in Fort Lauderdale 3 or 4 years ago but lately they've been allowing you to carry on anything that fits through the scanner, up to around 24 inches wide.

I would love to be able to bring my bags on myself. We take one suitcase each and each have a backpack so we can manage them very easily and aren't in the way of others. Lately our bags have not arrived until like 7pm and we boarded by 11am. Doesn't matter what cabin type you have - we thought maybe being in a suite that we might get them faster but haven't the last three times. I would love to have everything there right away so I could unpack and have my cabin in order but am afraid to try - don't want to have to run back to porters. I would think it would might make life a little easier for everyone - less bags to handle - again only if people can carry them up and down stairs.

Does anyone have any information about the size of the bags at the Seattle embarkation screening? We would love to carry ours on ourselves.

Dont know the size but we have carried on our full sized luggage in Seattle 3 times with no problems. ;)

Archived