What do you wish NCL ships had that they don't have?

dos equis

Treat your steward to dinner. We always fill out the STYLE cards for people that have treated us well on the cruise. It would be nice to take them to dinner one night - the last steward we had was absolutely awesome, and we always enjoy learning about where they're from, family, what brought them to NCL, etc... I don't think there'd be a crap ton of people taking their stewards to dinner, but it would be nice to have the option or an organized way to do it without impacting the work skeds or other cruisers.

I would love this!!! What a wonderful idea. If it's OK with the steward of course. I know some don't like to share.

Lectures and activities for at sea days which they used to have, but not for years. Think Kevin S. got rid of that. Princess has card making and other similar activties. Fresh fruit delivered every day is great to have, too. Bigger rooms as already stated. A 24 hour pizza bar like carnival.

Both of these tried on Princess:

A soda card that is good for soda, juice, and mocktails.

A coffee card good for regular coffee as well as expresso, latte's etc. The cards are good for 15 coffees of the special variety and unlimited regular coffee.

Laundromats onboard. With it costing so much for checking luggage on airplanes these days, it would be nice to bring fewer clothes with a way to wash them.

Lectures and activities for at sea days which they used to have, but not for years. Think Kevin S. got rid of that.

That would be nice they had them in 2009 still after Kevin took over. I went to a photography one, very interesting and informative.

The Epic and Breakaway have late night adult only second city shows and I believe the rest of the fleet is also doing this or soon will :D

Kev:cool:

The Dawn also had this. Just got off yesterday. It was at 11:30 p.m. on our last night. Not an optimum time but it was offered.

Both of these tried on Princess:

A soda card that is good for soda, juice, and mocktails.

A coffee card good for regular coffee as well as expresso, latte's etc. The cards are good for 15 coffees of the special variety and unlimited regular coffee.

Laundromats onboard. With it costing so much for checking luggage on airplanes these days, it would be nice to bring fewer clothes with a way to wash them.

Jewel and pearl had free laundry stations but some passengers trashed them wat too muck soap after a year they got rid of them they were on decks 9&11:(

I know they probably think there would be a huge mess, but my husband really really would like popcorn on board.

There already is on some NCL ships. I believe it's in the Red Lion Pub on the Star.

Bring back the Old Spinnaker on the ships where they moved it and don't move it in any more ships.

Washers and Dryers

Free Internet

We have been very happy with NCL for the most part. On our last cruise on the Dawn there were a lot of maintenance issues and considering it had recently been in drydock it seemed odd. Closet doors were broken, drawers would not stay closed and we bumped into them at night, elevator lights and buttons missing, and a tempermental toilet and so on. Nothing that ruined the cruise, but better attention to the small things would be good.

More recognition that most of us don't cruise in the Haven.

Wonder what's up with self-service laundermats?

I believe some NCL ships had them until a few years ago, and then they were removed. Don't know if it's for passenger abuse, as a previous poster alludes, or some other reason (perhaps to make more revenue for ship laundry service?). Holland America older ships still have them, but they were never in their newer ships. Princess ships still have them. They are especially useful on longer cruises, and as said, with high cost of baggage service on airlines now, they would be very welcome.....

I would go back to sailing on NCL if they would allow me to have early MDR seating with my same tablemates as they did previously: We have pretty much switched over to HAL for that reason:

You can eat when you want and with whom you want. I'm not sure why you could not accomplishment this.

They had washers and dryers on the Dawn but I think they did away with them. I don't know the reason.

Yes--that's what I thought....they had them the first time we were on the Dawn in 2007, but the last time, in 2010, they were gone. We are going on the 16 nighter on 26 October, and sure wish they were still there. We have to fly to and from that repo cruise.

Another vote for washers and dryers! And for those who will claim that they don't want to do laundry while on vacation, that is fine, but some of us don't want to pay the exorbitant laundry fees.

YES!! I'd rather pay the onboard price for Coke rather than carry it on like I do now thanks to them only carrying Pepsi products.

Don't agree - prefer Pepsi!!! ;-)

But - why can't NCL change the kind of mugs you get with the Soda package? 4 NCL cruises in 3 years... 5 soda packages = wold be nice to have a collection of different mugs ( but same quality)

If I compare my wish to some of yours - ice scating, ... MY wish would be easy to fullfill... :p

Besides:

- a covered pool would be great - Costa has it, possible to open or close the roof, depending on the weather

- these huge round lounge chairs NCL has on the GEM - we love them

- on the GEM at the MDRs you were asked if you would like to share the table. This way we met a lot of very interesting people and had great conversations -mostly about traveling,of course.. Would like to have that on all of their ships.

other than that - I am happy with what I get for my money

Higher standard = higher price ..

And : Don't change: the crew! Have NEVER met any person who was unfriendly or not willing to help - NOT ONE! And that is one of the most important things to me to have a great vacation!

Archived