What do you wish NCL ships had that they don't have?

dos equis

Yes--that's what I thought....they had them the first time we were on the Dawn in 2007, but the last time, in 2010, they were gone. We are going on the 16 nighter on 26 October, and sure wish they were still there. We have to fly to and from that repo cruise.

NCL has stated in the past that:

• Misuse of the machines due to oversoaping
  • Lost or stolen clothing issues
  • movement of already done clothing by guests to load there own artricles leading to:
  • High maintenance costs for machines

What is not likely is a return to these machines, what is more reasonable wouuld be a one time dry cleaning bag fill for a very reasonable price, not the $24.00 I paid on the Spirit in March.

Kev:cool:

- on the GEM at the MDRs you were asked if you would like to share the table. This way we met a lot of very interesting people and had great conversations -mostly about traveling,of course.. Would like to have that on all of their ships.

I travel solo and every NCL cruise I have been on the MDR always asked if I would like to share a table. Just ask the hostess if any party indicated they would like to share.:D

-Coke instead of Pepsi.

-Real bathrooms on all ships. (We loved our suite on the Epic but not our bathroom.

-One formal restaurant.

-A special suite elevator.

-Cruises in more parts of the world.

-Real promenad decks like on the old ships.

NCL has stated in the past that:

• Misuse of the machines due to oversoaping
  • movement of already done clothing by guests to load there own artricles leading to:
  • High maintenance costs for machines

What is not likely is a return to these machines, what is more reasonable wouuld be a one time dry cleaning bag fill for a very reasonable price, not the $24.00 I paid on the Spirit in March.

We were on a b2b on Pearl, so I used laundry room mid way - NEVER AGAIN!!

It was dirty, all machines full and in use, had to wait for my turn, dryer filters not cleared by passengers - one was full of SAND, not a place I want to waste the pool/deck time, had to go to/fro several times to check if machine is free, put washing in, move washing from washer to dryer, take out of dryer and fold, etc.

Also, by the look of the misuse and abuse, it's a safety hazard.

I'm happier taking advantage of the $24.95 all you can put in laundry bag offer. I've been able to pack $85 worth of laundry into single bag, AND enjoy the activites on board.

Yes--that's what I thought....they had them the first time we were on the Dawn in 2007, but the last time, in 2010, they were gone. We are going on the 16 nighter on 26 October, and sure wish they were still there. We have to fly to and from that repo cruise.

Yes, they were very convenient for us. I was on 12 day with my 2 teenage boys at the time who changed clothes more times in a day than runway models!! LOL

I would love to see the hot tubs open later maybe till 2am. Nothing like a great night then hit the hot tub before bed and we keep getting kicked out because they close them at 11pm. I would also love to see a comedian on every ship and have them do a late night adult only comedy act! I also think these big slides used by only a few take up too much deck and pool space. Put them in the kids section and put out more chairs. I applaud NCL for trying to handle the seating they have but it is too limited.

You can eat when you want and with whom you want. I'm not sure why you could not accomplishment this.

That's right..you can. If the strangers you're forced to dine with want to repeat the experience each night, you just have to ask.

Cheri, also add the Sports Bar on the Sun and Longboard's Bar on the Sky to the list.

Awww good to know Linda, I love popcorn but I was way to busy, full or tired on my last cruise to thing about. Coming from the East. traveling to the far west coast and then more time changes during the cruise. When I wasn't busy and full I was sound asleep :D

After reading a lot of these posts, I keep thinking have some of these posters been on NCL or maybe haven't been for many years. Because a quite of few things that people have wanted already exist on at least a few ships in the fleet or going to be on the newest build.

Drop the single supplement for solo cruisers on each ship. Every ship should have a few cabins, for which the supplement is not charged.

I don't travel solo, but think this would be awesome.

When we were booking our last cruise, I had a widowed relative who really wanted go with us. She couldn't find anyone who wanted or could go and really couldn't justify the double cost of traveling solo.

Drop the single supplement for solo cruisers on each ship. Every ship should have a few cabins, for which the supplement is not charged.

The Epic and the new Breakaway class pair have single 'Studio' cabins...:)

I'm afraid of the movie under stars idea. It is great at night for movies, but once there, ships tend to run loud entertainment on the screens during the day at the pool and that is the pits.

-I prefer Norwegian but one thing I really liked from Royal Caribb-ean's Oasis is Central Park. It was so beautiful in the morning to sit on the chairs under dabbled sunlight under the trees. Then in the evening, dining at patio tables under the trees and the stars was very unique. Noticed that no one else has done a Central Park-type thing since.

-I also wish there was a pool and hot tubs at the Posh Beach Club on the Epic.

I'm afraid of the movie under stars idea. It is great at night for movies, but once there, ships tend to run loud entertainment on the screens during the day at the pool and that is the pits.

If ship is properly designed this is not a problem. Grand and Carribean classes of Princess have 4 pool areas and only one has MUTS. You don't hear sound from it in other areas.

Some ships of NCL have only one pool area and with loud music... well it is loud. I don't have a problem with this, but some people do.

I'd like to see NCL come out with an "Ultimate Drink Card" similar to Princess where you can get unlimited soda, mocktails (cocktails without the alcohol), and milkshakes. Our family thoroughly enjoyed that on our Princess cruise a couple of weeks ago.

I completely agree with this, too!

Archived