GS worth $4500 more for 12 night cruise???

But do you typically spend an extra $4500 per cruise? That seems like a lot, especially if you do it on a regular basis :eek:

Sometimes it's much less and sometimes more. I know that on our upcoming Jewel TA, our OS is over $15,000.00.

However I just looked up to see what is still available and there is a GS that is now going for $18,700.00, and an interior for $5,000.00.

We are fortunate to be able to cruise as we do.:)

Rick

Sometimes it's much less and sometimes more. I know that on our upcoming Jewel TA, our OS is over $15,000.00.

However I just looked up to see what is still available and there is a GS that is now going for $18,700.00, and an interior for $5,000.00.

Rick

Nice!

I think this is a hard question as it is very relative to your personal situation.

When I first started cruising I was absolutely fine with an inside or oceanview cabin. It gave me the opportunity to enjoy cruising with my limited budget. While I have been fortunate to travel in higher level cabins as of late I think it would be hard for me to go back to that cabin experience. I am not saying that if that was the only way I could cruise within my budget that I would pass, but rather if everything was the same I would miss the extras.

If you can afford it, I would say go for it. What a great way to experience the Mediterranean. Have a fabulous vacation.

Rick

For our TA cruise in October, we snagged an OS for $6k, but then another $2k for air....probably another $4k for hotels/tips/excursions/ship purchases, etc. So probably around $12k when we are done. So I guess for us, all the extras add up to the cost of the cruise!

There is a GS in inventory now for $7,698, and that is w/out port added, so I am thrilled with what we paid.

you could book 2 adjoining balconies but you wouldnt get double the credits..only j/k-ing. if you have the means to pay for it, and want it...i say take it or spending it on somethng else...

Forget the word "extra" because I think that is throwing off the real question.

When you were first booking this cruise and you had the option of a GS for $3,500 per person, would you have reserved it then? Or, was the cost for the GS much higher?

It depends on how you like to travel. For folks that are still employed full time, many don't have the luxury of vacation time to take two more cruises in a year. It depends if you have the $$ (I realize NO ONE puts vacations on credit anymore). If you have the extra $$, I would consider it. For example, if I had a car payment, I would not consider it for a second. But if you don't have credit card debt, car payments, I would probably go for it!

And trust me on this....for every cruiser that says they don't spend any time in their cabin there is one that does!!!!! We actually spend a great deal of time in our cabin...used to think we were an anomaly. Now I know better.

:-)

That particular cruise is on my watch list. It overnights in Venice which is why it costs a bit more than the other cruises. To me, the GS is expensive. But the senior price is what you see and it's the lowest it's been. There is only one GS left. Final payment is August 1. It's not likely to go down in price after final payment unless a lot of people back out of the cruise. The senior pricing may be lifted at any time.

You got your price at the senior balcony guarantee price. That was the best price ever available for a balcony on that cruise. I'd keep the bargain which is what you got.

What did you get assigned? An E or a D? Or have you been assigned a room yet?

Gina

OP was asking a subjective question.

For me it would depend on the cruise length and amount of sea days. Right now I have a RS booked for one cruise and a JS for the other. I may end up changing the JS to a GS or OS. Every one has their opinions, preferences and priorities.

Nowhere in the OP did it ask about income, car payments, etc.

Are you kidding me?????

This would be MY consideration.

MY opinion.....things I would consider. I was responding to the OP.....not YOU. I would consider the upgrade if........ What topics do you expect are going to come up when someone asks a question about whether they should spend an extra $4500????????

Holy smokes.

To tell you the truth....this is why we never participate in CC activities on board.

Ugh....going back to lurking. Talk about judgmental. Obviously, hit a nerve somewhere along the way.

:/

Are you kidding me?????

This would be MY consideration.

MY opinion.....things I would consider. I was responding to the OP.....not YOU. I would consider the upgrade if........ What topics do you expect are going to come up when someone asks a question about whether they should spend an extra $4500????????

Holy smokes.

To tell you the truth....this is why we never participate in CC activities on board.

Ugh....going back to lurking. Talk about judgmental. Obviously, hit a nerve somewhere along the way.

:/

And those are definitely things the OP SHOULD consider. Although you and I both know that there are plenty of people who would charge a room they can't afford and go into deeper debt because of their priorities... or lack thereof. :)

I've been jumped all over for various non-reasons in the past. Brush it off and come back. Speak your mind.

For the OP to go from a $1249 pp balcony to a $3500 pp suite on this cruise with so many port days, I think it would be foolish actually. If someone books at the rock bottom price for a balcony and didn't book a suite in the first place, it's likely they should stick with the great deal they were looking for and bought. There has been no price lower for a balcony for this cruise assuming it's the one I think it is. And there aren't even any balconies left at this point.

Gina

Archived