Just looking for some help

flgatormom29

Just in the beginning phases of planning my cruise...

Is it true is $20 a day for parking at the cruise port of Miami??? Holy crap if that's true!!!!!

We are going on an 8 night, so that's about $180 just to park my car! That's insane!! :eek:

Anyways, looking for good hotels in the area that include parking? Or maybe a nice park n cruise place? We used a place like that at port everglades and it was great. When we went on Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale we started at Marriott and it was free parking for the week and $10 for the shuttle back to the car....

We live in tampa, so about 4 hour drive....Rather do hotel the night b4 so we don't have to leave at like 530am to get on board at a decent time....

But would like info on both options...

Please and thank you :)

Is it true is $20 a day for parking at the cruise port of Miami??? Holy crap if that's true!!!!!

We are going on an 8 night, so that's about $180 just to park my car! That's insane!! :eek:

Anyways, looking for good hotels in the area that include parking? Or maybe a nice park n cruise place? We used a place like that at port everglades and it was great. When we went on Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale we started at Marriott and it was free parking for the week and $10 for the shuttle back to the car....

We live in tampa, so about 4 hour drive....Rather do hotel the night b4 so we don't have to leave at like 530am to get on board at a decent time....

I would do a google search but here is one that I found.

http://www.miamiairporthotelwest.com/hotels-by-port-of-miami

Keith

Is it true is $20 a day for parking at the cruise port of Miami??? Holy crap if that's true!!!!! Yup - it is true.

We are going on an 8 night, so that's about $180 just to park my car! That's insane!! :eek: Parking at POM is expensive, but is is also convenient, covered and secure; the same cannot be said for any of the off-site parking lots and hotels.

Anyways, looking for good hotels in the area that include parking? Or maybe a nice park n cruise place? We used a place like that at port everglades and it was great. When we went on Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale we started at Marriott and it was free parking for the week and $10 for the shuttle back to the car.... check www.parksleepfly.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals; parking at a hotel near FLL is an option.

As all downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge their guests an extra $25-35+ per night :eek: for parking, all of the hotels offering parking deals will be out near the MIA airport. Some offer include a "free" shuttle to POM in the package -- none offer a free shuttel back to your car, so plan on about $30 for a cab.

Hmmmm... $100+ for the hotel, $$ for eating out, and $30-60 for cabs -- maybe parking at POM is looking better. ;)

If you choose to park near FLL you can shuttle to POM for about $15 per person each way. A good option if only two are in your party, not so good for a family of 4-6. Good luck! :)

Someone just posted a link for a shuttle from different Florida cities to the ports. I would definitely look into this because there is a shuttle from Tampa to Miami and I think it starts at $45 per person.

I hate that drive.

As all downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge their guests an extra $25-35+ per night :eek: for parking, all of the hotels offering parking deals will be out near the MIA airport. Some offer include a "free" shuttle to POM in the package -- none offer a free shuttel back to your car, so plan on about $30 for a cab.

Hmmmm... $100+ for the hotel, $$ for eating out, and $30-60 for cabs -- maybe parking at POM is looking better. ;)

If you choose to park near FLL you can shuttle to POM for about $15 per person each way. A good option if only two are in your party, not so good for a family of 4-6. Good luck! :)

Ya, It's expensive....BUT i'm thinking that I wont want to do the drive at 530 the day off. I don't want to board until 3pm...we like to get there early because I think of it as a wasted vacation day if you get there late!

So we might be getting a hotel anyways...want one that covers parking.

Hyatt Place covers parking for up to 14 days but only shuttles 2 people, everyone else is extra. Since there are 4 of us, i'd have to pay for 2 people to get to the ship and 4 people to get back to our car. Hmmmm. I'm not quite sure what we are going go to do...

Someone just posted a link for a shuttle from different Florida cities to the ports. I would definitely look into this because there is a shuttle from Tampa to Miami and I think it starts at $45 per person.

I hate that drive.

I'm going to have to look into that!

I hate that drive.

$440 for my family of 4. Plus they charge bags...kinda confusing :confused:

So, no thanks...we will drive and could get a hotel AND pay for parking for less than that....

Plus my hubby drives so I can sleep :rolleyes:

Try the Hilton Garden In Miami. The Ft Lauderdale Hilton Garden has a park and cruise pkg it looks like the Miami location may also.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-miami-airport-west-MIAAIGI/index.html

The La Quinta Miami Airport East also has a cruise and park pkg

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ4040&propId=4040

Good luck to you.

:)

Since there are 4 of us, i'd have to pay for 2 people to get to the ship and 4 people to get back to our car. Hmmmm. I'm not quite sure what we are going go to do...

I don't know what they are charging for the shuttle. Maybe opt for a taxi which would be $60+/- Roundtrip and up to five ride for that price.

Archived