How Early Can You Book?

kingsgirl

Princess usually announces their schedules and opens for booking each spring for the year starting the following spring. So in April 2012, they announced the schedule for (roughly) April 2013 to April 2014.

How early do cruises become available, as in how many months before the sail date does booking actually open?

Princess has cruises posted up to May 1,2014 currently.

All of the Caribbean , Asia , South America , Exotics and Australia/New Zealand are now posted and for sale. We just booked Panama canal for May 2014.

How early do cruises become available, as in how many months before the sail date does booking actually open?
It's not months but years. Princess announces itineraries around March and April for cruises up to two years from the announcement. Some cruises are sold out within days of being announced, two years before sailing.

It's not months but years. Princess announces itineraries around March and April for cruises up to two years from the announcement. Some cruises are sold out within days of being announced, two years before sailing.

Wow!! I'm curious as to which cruises are sold out that quickly!

There are select Princess iteniaries that many have been waiting for that sell out that fast.

Think the Grand is one of them.

Thanks. However, what is the basic itinerary and how long of a cruise is it?

Princess has cruises posted up to May 1,2014 currently.

All of the Caribbean , Asia , South America , Exotics and Australia/New Zealand are now posted and for sale. We just booked Panama canal for May 2014.

I'm thinking of an Alaskan cruise...when should things open up for 2014?

I hesitated about booking my 2014 South America cruise (you can see the itinerary map in the countdown below) and lots of categories (e.g., mini suites) were sold out a day after booking became available. Eventually I was able to book one in a location that I was happy with.

My repositioning cruise from Santiago to SF on the Star last March was sold out in most cabin categories by November 2010 when I booked. My Sapphire cruise in 2008 from Sydney to LA was sold out by May or June 2006. When I booked my September Island Princess cruise in March, only a few obstructed view and inside cabins were left. Bookings for the Royal Princess Maiden Passage cruise from Venice to FLL in October 2013 opened up in early March. When I went to book three weeks late, I was #104 on the waitlist; the ship was sold out. People cancel and others book but at least for the cruises I take, I usually have to book very early.

My repositioning cruise from Santiago to SF on the Star last March was sold out in most cabin categories by November 2010 when I booked. People cancel and others book but at least for the cruises I take, I usually have to book very early.

We ended up on the same cruise as Pam, but we did not book until November of 2011. The category we wanted was sold out when we first looked, but when a GTY opened up one Saturday, we grabbed it.

My repositioning cruise from Santiago to SF on the Star last March was sold out in most cabin categories by November 2010 when I booked. My Sapphire cruise in 2008 from Sydney to LA was sold out by May or June 2006. When I booked my September Island Princess cruise in March, only a few obstructed view and inside cabins were left. Bookings for the Royal Princess Maiden Passage cruise from Venice to FLL in October 2013 opened up in early March. When I went to book three weeks late, I was #104 on the waitlist; the ship was sold out. People cancel and others book but at least for the cruises I take, I usually have to book very early.

And you got your cabin. I have heard of an upgrade fairy. Is there a waitlist fairy? It worked out great for you to get on the Royal Princess Maiden Passage. :cool: If I recall correctly, I think you were on the waitlist for less than 3 weeks. So, it is possible to get a cabin on a full ship.

And you got your cabin. I have heard of an upgrade fairy. Is there a waitlist fairy? It worked out great for you to get on the Royal Princess Maiden Passage. :cool: If I recall correctly, I think you were on the waitlist for less than 3 weeks. So, it is possible to get a cabin on a full ship.

Eight days. :) My TA saw an open cabin and after a quick phone call for my OK, grabbed it for me. Yet many of the GTY's aren't assigned. I think a lot of people booked immediately because it's new and are now canceling.

In the case of the Royal's maiden TA, many categories (including the one I booked in) sold out in hours, not days.

In the case of the Royal's maiden TA, many categories (including the one I booked in) sold out in hours, not days.

Yes and No.

I booked my perfect cabin on this cruise minutes after bookings were accepted.

The word I heard was that many cabins were blocked out, as in not bookable, for this cruise. :( Certain cabins were only available for the 30-day back-to-back, which included this cruise and the Grand Med just prior to the transatlantic. Whatever the case, the 'SOLD OUT' sign came out very quickly for all cabins on this cruise.

We only had to book 19 months in advance. Now there is less than 15 months to go. :cool:

Archived