Major differences between Sillouhette and Reflection?

Wonders10

Hi there,

I'm looking at a Caribbean cruise for next year's Spring Break. We live in South Florida and FLL is much more convenient to sail from (Sillouhette) but the Reflection has a nice itinerary as well out of Miami. Just wondering if there any major differences between the two ships? Anything that would make it worth the increased travel time? We just got off the Solstice in June for the 2nd time and loved it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I'm looking at a Caribbean cruise for next year's Spring Break. We live in South Florida and FLL is much more convenient to sail from (Sillouhette) but the Reflection has a nice itinerary as well out of Miami. Just wondering if there any major differences between the two ships? Anything that would make it worth the increased travel time? We just got off the Solstice in June for the 2nd time and loved it.

Thanks in advance!

Reflection will have an extra deck, more cabins and will have the first Aqua Class Suites as well as Aqua Class staterooms....

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Shannon,

There will be some differences. That we know of, the major change, is an additional deck, which will feature a new category - Aqua Class Suites. There will also be a new class of Suites on Deck 14 Forward... which will feature 1 Reflection Suite, and 5 Signature Suites.

Here's a link with the details : http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=RF. If the Suites are not a deciding factor, you should be happy with either ship. I hope this helps !

The Reflection will be 3 feet wider than Silhouette, so it will be a longer walk from the port side to the starboard side. :D

Seriously, other than raising the pool deck area one level higher and installing additional cabins where the pool area is on Silhouette, and of course adding the big ticket suites that will take up part of the Sky lounge, not many changes have been publicized yet. Celebrity claims there will be some surprises on Reflection, but they haven't said what yet.

I read one of the surprises was the cantelevered glass shower sticking out over the water in (one of the categories) suites. Apparently you can look out, but not look in.

Guess it would still not make you very comfortable :p

I read one of the surprises was the cantelevered glass shower sticking out over the water in (one of the categories) suites. Apparently you can look out, but not look in.

Guess it would still not make you very comfortable :p

Yep, a surprise that can only be enjoyed by the two people who can afford $41,000+ for a 10 day cruise. :(

Reflection%20Suite%20Cost.jpg

Yep, a surprise that can only be enjoyed by the two people who can afford $41,000+ for a 10 day cruise. :(

For $41,000, I can't believe they still charge you extra for the mini bar and in room movies! LOL - seriously??!!

For $41,000, I can't believe they still charge you extra for the mini bar and in room movies! LOL - seriously??!!

It does say "Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets". I guess the rest of us in the cheap cabins get our ice warm and in buckets made of compacted discarded aluminum cans?

With the addition of Aqua Suites to Reflection, will those take the place of a certain number of regular Aqua Class cabins or are they in ADDITION to the already number of existing Aqua cabins? And if they are additional, does that mean they will have to add several more tables to Blu to accomodate additional guests. If so, I can see it could take away from the smaller, more intimate feel of Blu.....maybe.

With the addition of Aqua Suites to Reflection, will those take the place of a certain number of regular Aqua Class cabins or are they in ADDITION to the already number of existing Aqua cabins? And if they are additional, does that mean they will have to add several more tables to Blu to accomodate additional guests. If so, I can see it could take away from the smaller, more intimate feel of Blu.....maybe.

This whole adding a bunch of additional cabins thing to the Reflection actually steered me more towards booking Silhouette. Even if the ship is a little larger, I'm always skeptical when cruise lines add passenger capacity to an existing ship design as the public rooms are rarely made any larger to accommodate. If anyone thinks I have this wrong and the Reflection is being redesigned to accommodate for these extra people, feel free to talk me down!

This whole adding a bunch of additional cabins thing to the Reflection actually steered me more towards booking Silhouette. Even if the ship is a little larger, I'm always skeptical when cruise lines add passenger capacity to an existing ship design as the public rooms are rarely made any larger to accommodate. If anyone thinks I have this wrong and the Reflection is being redesigned to accommodate for these extra people, feel free to talk me down!

Dave,

Maybe the following will answer some of your concerns.

Taken From a Celebrity Press Release dtd December 8, 2010:

Additionally, Celebrity Reflection will offer 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity, as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Café, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room, where Celebrity also offers Celebrity Select DiningSM, the industry's first flexible dining option allowing guests to choose when they wish to dine on a flexible, day-by-day basis.

2MC

Dave,

Additionally, Celebrity Reflection will offer 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity, as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Café, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room, where Celebrity also offers Celebrity Select DiningSM, the industry's first flexible dining option allowing guests to choose when they wish to dine on a flexible, day-by-day basis.

2MC

I was afraid they were going to have to expand Blu. Like I said, I think it could negatively impact the small, intimate feel of Blu. Bigger is not always better.

Reflection is 3 feet wider than her sisters - with that space spread over pool deck, upper pool deck, and solstice deck I bet there will be more loungers per person than her sisters - just my guess but what the heck I'm just a designer! LOL

Richard

Dave,

2MC

Definitely good to hear that they at least acknowleged the need to accommodate these additional passengers... but I still wonder about the less prominent areas on the ship that wouldn't show up in a press release, like the pool deck, secondary lounges with limited space, etc. I guess we'll see how it all worked out when she starts sailing and we start seeing some reviews from CC members.

Here are the Reflection facts:

196 more passengers than Solstice (based on double occupancy)

- 245 more loungers

- 45 more seats in theatre

- 118 Oceanview Cafe

- 24 Blu ( most extra pax are in AQ)

- 24 Tuscan

- 4 Qsine

- 40 main dining room.

So, except for loungers, the numbers are not encouraging.

Sailed four times of Solstice. Will be on Reflection in December, so we will see...

Reflection%20Suite%20Cost.jpg

:eek: :eek:

hmmm let's run with this....

You're on vacation!!!

What's an extra few dollars....:rolleyes:

I don't understand these people who smuggle booze and go to the Elite happy hour to snag a few free watered down drinks...

Life is short and $ 40K isn't all that much for a great vacation now is it? :p

:eek: :eek:

hmmm let's run with this....

You're on vacation!!!

What's an extra few dollars....:rolleyes:

I don't understand these people who smuggle booze and go to the Elite happy hour to snag a few free watered down drinks...

Life is short and $ 40K isn't all that much for a great vacation now is it? :p

$40K for a one of a kind shower? No problem! It's those obscene prices they charge in the specialty restaurants that I refuse to pay! :rolleyes:

Archived