Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

I will say, I never thought the food was ever "Bad" on RCCL. If you want truly bad food, sail on NCL! However, there were times that the menu didn't have anything appealing to me on it, and the same old menu's year after year did get old.... especially when you sail 4-6 times a year. Most noticable were the cutbacks and the use of lesser quality products. Even with all that, I've still had some great meals in the MDR over the past few yrs.

But this improvement is long overdue! They have the nicest ships and the best service, this will make them complete.

''

I agree the beauty of their ships, their wonderful service and now GREAT food. They will fast be everyones top choice :)

Happy about the upgrades and not really trying to complain, but are they doing this on all the ships? Or just the few listed?

This will be fleet wide.. I just didn't get the dates for all the ships. I didn't want to ask too many questions ;)

I would agree we never thought the MDR menu was "bad"'. As others stated it got routine to us who are repeat cruisers. Not saying they should change, but in any product they need to cycle things and this sounds like an excellent choice. Upgrading and keeping good items liked by all is great news.

Glad We don't have long to wait as we sail Allure after the noted start date. Hope this schedule is accurate to let us enjoy it.

I was gonna say last Dec.......and it was very good..:)

Was it really good? I was tempted to order it on the Jewel, but I questioned whether or not it would be good. The price isn't bad at all for a Maine lobster dinner.. but nothing's worse than getting a bad lobster.:eek:

Good news.

Thanks for posting.

Dining has been the weakest part of RCI cruises.

Glad to see something is changing.

Any news about afternoon tea on RCI ships? It's quite embarrassing so far.

Another problem is the buffet closed at 9:00PM

I would agree we never thought the MDR menu was "bad"'. As others stated it got routine to us who are repeat cruisers. Not saying they should change, but in any product they need to cycle things and this sounds like an excellent choice. Upgrading and keeping good items liked by all is great news.

Glad We don't have long to wait as we sail Allure after the noted start date. Hope this schedule is accurate to let us enjoy it.

I hope the schedule is accurate and on time too. I sail on Oasis in Oct, and was initially not planning to eat at all in the MDR.. now I've changed my mind.

Good news.

Thanks for posting.

Dining has been the weakest part of RCI cruises.

Glad to see something is changing.

Any news about afternoon tea on RCI ships? It's quite embarrassing so far.

Another problem is the buffet closed at 9:00PM

Nothing mentioned about starting an afternoon tea, and I would be surprised if they ever offer formal tea. They have afternoon snacks in the WJ now.

As for the WJ closing at 900p, all of their ships have at least 1 venue open 24/7 for food, soft drinks, coffee, water etc. Cafe Promenade, Solarium Grill, Seaview, Sorrento's, Park Cafe etc, so it's not necessary to keep a full buffet open late.

On my Liberty sailing in May they had the Lobster and the Mile High lemon Meringue and if I'm not mistaken the surf n turf for a price (there were three for sale items on the menu). I tried the lemon meringue and it was very good...i don't usually get desserts but they had a couple of different ones so i tried a few (dark chocolate souffle or something like that...very good as well).

Glad to see they're changing the menu...

Nothing mentioned about starting an afternoon tea, and I would be surprised if they ever offer formal tea. They have afternoon snacks in the WJ now.

As for the WJ closing at 900p, all of their ships have at least 1 venue open 24/7 for food, soft drinks, coffee, water etc. Cafe Promenade, Solarium Grill, Seaview, Sorrento's, Park Cafe etc, so it's not necessary to keep a full buffet open late.

They did have what they called Afternoon Tea in the WJ I believe it was 4-6, maybe earlier.

I am on the Freedom in Feb. I like the food in the MDR, the weak point being the desserts. If I can just have the key lime pie every day I will be a happy camper. And having a fallback of filet is not bad either.

Was it really good? I was tempted to order it on the Jewel, but I questioned whether or not it would be good. The price isn't bad at all for a Maine lobster dinner.. but nothing's worse than getting a bad lobster.:eek:

Well,truthfully,we had a couple of times at the HD table.............they probably served the best........It was very,very good.......a whole lobster split in half and broiled..

On my Liberty sailing in May they had the Lobster and the Mile High lemon Meringue and if I'm not mistaken the surf n turf for a price (there were three for sale items on the menu). I tried the lemon meringue and it was very good...i don't usually get desserts but they had a couple of different ones so i tried a few (dark chocolate souffle or something like that...very good as well).

Glad to see they're changing the menu...

I think they've been testing random items on different ships, because we've seen/had some of the items on the new menu on previous cruises-- and they were pretty nice.

This is excellent news! I'm so hoping its true and that the new improved menu/food is on Liberty in January. I was planning on doing a lot of eating in Johnny Rockets. We would love to look forward to eating in the MDR again! Hopefully we will hear some feedback as to if this is actually happening and when/which ships.

We sail on Sunday so am looking forward to seeing the new menu. It is a nice surprise because as I was reading about the changes, I was sure they would be after our cruise. This is our cruise so we will have nothing to compare the new menu to but it sounds great!

Jenny

Archived