Calling all PG Lovers

Emdee

Ports for the Repeaters are confirmed.

2 days Motu Mahana, 2 days Moorea, 1 day Bora Bora, 1/2 day Maupiti - landings are difficult but will try to make it, one day each Rangiroa, Fakarava and Huahine.

Tikehau not possible for the ship to reach - question of safety per Capt Zupan.

With only 35 rooms the ship passengers will overpower the Tetiaroa resort so not possible here unfortunately.

Now await pricing.

Really tempting!! I like that it's staying in FP. Sept is tough with a HS senior at home...but we managed it last year;) We are between this and a river cruise to Eastern Europe. But FP is soooo romantic and relaxing, so I have some thinking to do, this would be a nice warm trip to offset our planned 2015/2016 Antarctica cruise. ;)

Thanks Emdee, looking forward to pricing and booking details!

I'm trying to figure that one out thought the ship is capable of doing so as I mentioned a few months ago. I love the idea of no sea days.

Moorea - 2 days

Bora Bora - 1 day

Huahine - 1 day

Motu Mahana - 2 days

Rangiroa - 1 day

Fakarava - 1 day

Maupiti - 1 day

That is 9 day/nights

Are you missing an island?

Tiki its 10 nights.

Sept 10 Papeete departure

Sept 11 MM

Sept 12 Huahine

Sept 13 Rangi

Sept 14 Fakarava

Sept 15 Maupiti/BB

Sept 16 BB

Sept 17 Motu Mahana

Sept 18th Moorea

Septembe 19th Moorea

Sept 20 Disembark Papeete

This is similar to the usual Tuamotu itinerary but the day at sea is replaced by Motu Mahana.

Elaine,

I'm one tasty dish and if sharks wanted to take a bite out of me they have had many chances. :)

Fact is the small black tip reef sharks won't bother you. Yes they get in a bit of a fenzy when the tour vendors feed them as it is the 'show'. However, you don't need to be in the water when they feed them nor do you need to go on a shark tour if you don't want to.

To much is made out of nothing. I've often swam with the sharks of FP when snorkeling just by myself, never had a problem.

I remember a time when the Mrs and I had a least 20 sharks all around us, they actually brushed against us a few times, never a problem. The black tip reef sharks are harmless unless you put your hand out with a chunk of meat, then you might want to count your fingers. ;)

Dear Tiki: I really want to go on this Sept 10th cruise. My husband has read about sharks and now isnt sure he wants to go. Is there anything you or anyone else can tell him so he wont be afraid to go in the water? thanks all,

The Sharks are small reef Sharks and are not known to attack people. Where did he read about these vicious creatures? If he's so afraid of them he doesn't have to go in the water. The tour guides usually jump in first to show the tourists it's safe.:D:D:D

Tiki,

I will forward you the email I got from Capt Z. I may have mixed up the order of the ports.

The great big post cruise wash has been going on so now its time to decide what to take etc. Packing will be this weekend as I leave straight from work to LAX on friday.

Cruise is a ten day cruise beginning Sept 10th wednesday and finishing Sept 20th ( Sat)

There will be no sea days as this was what people seemed to want.

Ooooo, I love love love this, I think we've got our Sept 14 trip planned! I think you have my email too, would you mind sending me Capt Zs email? I'd love to run the itinerary by DH!

Elaine- we swam with the sharks too- both lemon sharks and white tipped...so docile! Except for the one tour where they advertised we would see sharks, we didn't see any snorkeling in other areas and certainly none swimming in the shallows of the Motu, unless he's diving or out looking for sharks, he won't even see them, never mind be bothered by them!

Archived