Sept 13 Rangi

Sept 14 Fakarava

Sept 15 Maupiti/BB

Sept 16 BB

Sept 17 Motu Mahana

Sept 18th Moorea

Septembe 19th Moorea

Sept 20 Disembark Papeete

This is similar to the usual Tuamotu itinerary but the day at sea is replaced by Motu Mahana.

So there's two Motu Mahana days? If not, what is MM?

• 3 weeks later...
Details on a rules of this cruise would be appreciated. We have cruised the PG a bunch of times -- but all when it was owned by RSSC. Do we qualify? If so, what is the itinerary?

Of course you qualify. You are one of pg's original cruisers. You amoung a few others who left cc helped my mom(emdee) out on her first pg cruise and helped me through your comments to convince her to try pg in 2003.

Fyi- miki(worked in the past on voyager), elmo, efren from regent days are still on board. Arnold just left this year for silverseas.

I just emailed my TA to get me on the " list" or at least let me know as soon as she sees any info about it. The cruise is a little earlier in the "season" than I like to travel, (I also work in schools, and though I have vacation flexibility, I still like to "start the year right" so we usually prefer to travel early Oct to early Dec) but I love the itinerary and if the price is right, I could see doing it. If its over priced just because its a special cruise, I would more likely do the Eastern European river cruise as previously planned, or even one of their other 10 day trips later in the fall. Anxious to see!

Dolebludger , I would imagine the only rule is - can you write the check! ;-)

It comes down to price for me. I'm not one who will pay a big premium simply because it's a 'special cruise' for repeaters. Fact is I'm hoping that the price is a bit better for repeaters. As this cruise will have 'special' perks because it is for repeaters I hope they don't give the same price to newbies or at least they should only allow repeaters to sign up in the first 90 days before they open the flood gates, just my opinion .......

Also if I have to compete to get the cabin I prefer, I won't sail in the the wrong set up for us, just to get on this particular cruise, much as I love you all and would love to cruise with you;):D

I would imagine that they wouldn't tier the pricing much beyond the 5% already offered to repeaters, but they might have special events and goodies for them? :confused: I can't picture a scenario where any cruise line wouldn't put a pax on a ship who had the coin to sail it or put off a paying new customer till later;)

I guess time will tell!

Emdee:

Thanks for your response. We didn't leave cc. We merely quit cruising for a time due to very elderly parents' health problems which kept us home. So we had nothing new to say about cruising, as we weren't doing it. Then, when the parents passed away, we decided to move to the Colorado Rocky mountains (which ain't cheap). Now we've recovered from all that, and want to do some more cruising, and we miss the PG and Polynesia.

Now, I'm having a problem getting this board to give me email notification of threads (like this) to which I have subscribed. Help!:(

[quote name=Dolebludger;

Now' date=' I'm having a problem getting this board to give me email notification of threads (like this) to which I have subscribed. Help!:([/quote]

I think I can help with this...at the top of a thread you'd like to subscribe to, you'll see a bar across the top, one of the things written in the buff colored bar is THREAD TOOLS. (you won't see it if you are in "reply to thread", you just need to be looking at the thread)

Click on this and 3 options will pop up, one of which is SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD.

Click on it and a few options come up, instant email, daily email , weekly email or no email notifications. Choose whichever you prefer and you should get an email when there is a new posting on that thread.

Good luck, and welcome back to cruising!

Well, we got our invoice today for this cruise, mid-ship deck 4 E cabin. We have until Saturday to put down a deposit--it's very tempting.

Wed 09/10/2014 Papeete, French Polynesia 10:00 PM Quai de Paquebots

Thu 09/11/2014 Taha'a (Motu Mahana), Society Islands 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

Fri 09/12/2014 Huahine, Society Islands 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sat 09/13/2014 Rangiroa, Tuamotus 10:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sun 09/14/2014 Fakarava, Tuamotus 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Mon 09/15/2014 Maupiti, Society Islands 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Tue 09/16/2014 Bora Bora, Society Islands 08:00 AM 11:55 PM

Wed 09/17/2014 Taha'a (Motu Mahana), Society Islands 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thu 09/18/2014 Moorea, French Polynesia 08:00 AM Overnight

Fri 09/19/2014 Moorea, French Polynesia 05:00 PM

Fri 09/19/2014 Papeete, Tahiti 07:30 PM Overnight

Sat 09/20/2014 Papeete, Tahiti 08:00 AM Quai de Paquebots

From my TA. I had her put me on the waiting list for this particular cruise several months ago, and got the invoice today. Can't name the TA, obviously, but it's the same as Carol and Rudolpho (Cruisedreamer1 I think), but different from Miriam (Emdee.) So I don't have all the pricing, just the price for an E Window cabin on deck 4.

I asked my TA to put a courtesy hold on this for me a few days ago, and did not hear anything back today so I just got on the phone with PG Cruises a few minutes ago.

I now have a category F on hold for $4955 per person including PG Society 10% discount. The 2014 trip will be our fourth on the PG, third is upcoming this September.

John and Denise

Here is the itinerary per the invoice, nothing new except maybe concrete times:

9/10: Depart 10 pm.

9/11: Motu 9 am to 5 pm.

9/12 Huahine 9 am to 5 pm.

9/13 Rangiroa 10 am to 5 pm.

9/14: Fakarava 8 am to 5 pm.

9/15: Maupiti 8 am to 5 pm.

9/16: Bora Bora 8 am to 11:55 pm.

9/17: Motu 9 am to 5 pm.

9/18 and 9/19: Moorea 8 am to 5 pm departure 9/19.

9/19: Arrive Papeete 7:30 pm.

9/20: Disembarkk Papeete.

I still wish there was not an overnight on Moorea - we have all done that - wanted a different island that we have not seen before or at least a "drive-by" of Teteiroa (SP).

I have a hold on a cabin as well. Will decide tomorrow.

Looks like we will taking two trips together Friscorays!

Archived