Calling all PG Lovers

Emdee

Well, there is plenty of time to see if it could be worked out for Mary... maybe they have a bigger heart than we know of, where she works, and would allow a one time thing!

I appreciate all of your work on this project... and will start the process tonight when I return home from work and see her ....

Thanks again...

Chuck and Mary

Tiki no details yet - still on the drawing board.

Diane Moore has committed to making it a special occasion and I had requested the following:

Special pricing for repeaters

discounted stay at Toronto Intercontinental pre cruise

2 days in Motu Mahana

Special event at the BB Thalosso

If you have any other suggestions let me know. Maybe we should ask for Maupiti instead of half a day in Rangiroa. I am sure Rangiroa is great for divers but for non divers half a day does nothing at all. I wouldnt mind a full day in Rangiroa as I would love to see the Blue Lagoon.

My optimum time was July as I know off the top of my head 8 couples who would come but if September is the only option I think we should go for it. September is a nice time in the societies & tuamotus.

I agree, half day on Rangiora is nothing to get excited about unless your a Diver. You don't have enough time for the Blue Lagoon with only a half day. I went to the Blue Lagoon, rough ride but so worth it once you got there.

Rangiroa.jpg

Personaly I would love to get a day on Maupiti & a day on Tetiaroa. In 2014 they will have infrastructure for a day on Tetiaroa plus I would think the Pacific Beachcomber group would love for the regulars on the PG to be teased by the island. A 10 night cruise ...............

Something like:

Tahiti

Motu Mahana

Bora Bora (2)

Maupiti

Huahine

Raiatea

Motu Mahana

Moorea (2)

Tetiaroa

Or a full day on Rangora & Fakarava/Tikehau and bypass Maupiti & Tetiaroa

Just my 2 cents worth :cool:

For us it is not a good time as we are Jewish and this is our holiday time. It is back to school for some and my husband goes to China before our religious holiday time.

Other times we would love to join. Summer, Feb. quiet time, March middle.

Not sure about others.

September - Bummer! :-) I don't think that it is a doable time for us. June, July, August are the months that we were thinking about. Thanks Miriam. Linda

We like September since there would be fewer children on board. It should be at least a 10 day cruise since 7 days is too short for us. Remember that not all of us are in Canada so the hotel idea would not be of great interest.

How about a cocktail party with the officers and president of cruise line? That would be an easy one for the company.

Maybe, a specially designed tee shirt to wear on the cruise?

Hi Cruisedreamer,

the cocktail party is a gimme! The tee shirt - am sure can be arranged.

Even if you dont need the overnight at TIC people who are from the east coast, europe, england /Australia would need it. even Motu Islander was telling me that now that ATN lands so late ( 10 pm as opposed to 6 pm in the old days) he liked to reach Tahiti a day earlier.

Hi Cruisedreamer,

the cocktail party is a gimme! The tee shirt - am sure can be arranged.

Even if you dont need the overnight at TIC people who are from the east coast, europe, england /Australia would need it. even Motu Islander was telling me that now that ATN lands so late ( 10 pm as opposed to 6 pm in the old days) he liked to reach Tahiti a day earlier.

Makes all the difference!

By the way...Diane Moore is fielding questions on Facebook right this moment on the Repeaters Cruise!

Sorry that we can't go in September 2014! We will have to sail by proxy!

So excited to see Diane Moore chatting and mentioning this idea!:D Sept is more doable for us than the summer, but we are not even repeaters (yet) so I'm sure our vote won't count!;) In reality, Im more likely to want to try Tera Moana and the Panama canal right now. But after I'm infected with the FP flu...who knows;)

It will be fun to see how this trip shapes up and what itinerary is offered:D

Family,

The PG Flu is very powerful. The only way to assuage it is to return! I hope you get it and come back in 2014. One very sweet nurse wrote me and told me that after reading about it on the boards she researched it only to find that FP had no real flu!

Yup, no cure, just the ability to control it by return trips. Though September is busy for me I could see myself going but I know I'll need lots of internet time to stay in contact with my clients.

Ah ............... there is another thing they could toss in ............ free internet for everyone on board :)

Great chat on FB. Unfortunately I was unable to be there as I do have to work sometime in order to pay for the PG cruises!

Our cc group had its members - thank you Tiki and Family for representing us .

September is good for us and actually better than June, July or August.

Like the idea of visiting Maupiti and Tetiaroa. Agree with Tiki, free internet would be nice. Also the longer the cruise the better. Not going all that way for 7 nights. Dr. Poole advised us that we could see the whales in September.

Our 4 cruises on the PG have been in January and December. Would prefer that time of year in order to get away from winter however we would suffer and make September work. We're in!

OK I know that Diane Moore is reading this but I shall ask her for September as well!

The reason why we couldnt have dates in the earlier months is that the PG will be in dry dock in Singapore and will be cruising before and after drydock in that area. So when she comes back to FP she will be tried and tested and we will not have the contretemps that they had this year - I hope!

Dry dock will finish July 27th. The 10 day I have my eye on is September 10th. Before this 10 day cruise there will be a Fiji to FP cruise in case anyone wants to do back to back. After this will be a 7 day cruise for b2b as well.

I personally felt that a PG repeaters cruise should be on the PG IN French Polynesia. That is the place where we have our love affair with the place and the ship and its staff.

Now we just have to wait for PG's go ahead!

Trend

I think its Singapore to Cairns and then Cairns to Fiji followed by Fiji to Tahiti.

Some of these have been block purchased but I canno recall which.

I would love to do the Cairns to Fiji as I havent been to Noumea and Vanuatu etc but I dont think it will work out for me. I will keep it for when I am retired and dont have to rush back. Also I hate the long flights from OZ even in Biz.

Gail

I did the Tahiti to Fiji in November 2009 and it was a great time to do it. Also its got those lovely days at sea to relax. Also dont miss Mark Eddowes series on the Migration of the Polynesians.

Archived