Princess Pin?

ChuckinSC

Thanks Mike - I booked it as a cruisetour with accommodation in Vancouver and Beijing, will have to wait and see I guess.

cheers

Rosie

(The land portion days of a cruise tour do not count towards Captain's Circle status.)

If the entire cruise tour which includes the b2b cruise segments was booked with one booking number, then speak with the Captain's Circle rep near the end of the first segment and see if he/she will give you gold status for the second segment.

If booked with two booking numbers, you should automatically become gold after completion of the first segment. However, the cruise cards for the second segment are prepared before the first segment has completed and your card would likely not be gold. If that is the case, speak with the Captain's Circle rep once the second segment has started to get that fixed.

Never saw anything pin-like for the gold. After my last cruise, a grand announcement in an envelope was placed in the cabin regarding my platinum status, including that my pin was enclosed. I examined, peered, shook the envelope, no pin. Thought I would be sure to find it in my foot shortly, but no. I never exercise my cranky side, so maybe I'll have to demand that pin on my next cruise in November...but I might not be able to do it with a straight face.

I am cruising Princess for the first time in September on a back to back. Does that mean I am gold for the second cruise?

Yes you will, as has already been stated. But the best thing about being gold is the past-pasenger discount, and that won't apply in this case.

On the bright side, though you will get weird blue drinks for free at the CC party on the second half of your cruise. And if you'll be accruing CC status by number of cruises and not days at sea, you will be one additional cruise closer to Platinum, when other valuable perks start kicking in.

I am cruising Princess for the first time in September on a back to back. Does that mean I am gold for the second cruise?

cheers

Rosie

We Sailed on the Caribbean Princess 2 years ago on what in the US is called a B2B (2 one week cruises) but here in the UK that type is booked and advertised as 1 continual cruise so it got classed as 1 and not 2.

After the first week we were issued new rooms cards for the second week these were blue the same as the first another indication the whole cruise had been classed as 1 not 2 seperate, as i think if it had been split they would have been gold. (hope i got that info right)

At the end of the 2nd week we were given Gold members cards but only after the second week was over.

In my Princess Profile the B2B is shown as our first and only cruise. We are booked on the Grand in 4 weeks time and that one is regarded as our second so we will only then get treated as Gold members. I wrote to the Captains Circle and asked about the pins and passbooks and was told normally they are given out on board our second cruise but as I had asked they sent them on to us in the post. So i have them in advance of leaving. Wondering though if i will get a second set as well as when we get to our room after boarding.

So my thinking is although you are booked on what is a B2B if it on one booking No with 1 cruise itinary No (the same as ours was) then they will class it as one. That seems to be the way it works in UK, from what i have read on the forum, not sure about the US or Australia.

You could always ask them when your on board as i'm sure they will be able to tell you from their records how it has been registered.

Enjoy your 1st cruise

Julia

I am not really sure what I will do with my "platinum" pin when I request/ receive it. I doubt I will wear as I do not want to poke holes in my clothes...:)

Makes a great earing if you already have the hole there.

Archived