John Frieda Hot Air Brush

magandab

Oh wow! I bought one of these online a week or so ago and I can't say enough about it. It's a round brush/dryer and the barrel is about 2" across. For the first time in ages my hair is completely frizz free and stays that way all day. It gives me just enough shape to show my layers and curl the bottom under slightly. I now know that for my cruise in November, I can pack this and skip my own hairdryer, my blow dry brush and my straight iron. I got it at Drugstore.com but you can also see it at Amazon.

Some people think it's underpowered, at 500w, but I can get my medium thick hair dry just fine, though it does take a bit longer than with my 1800w dryer, of course. I just clip up the top half of my hair, and dry the underneath part, then let it down and finish.

I've used a hot air brush for years - not John Frieda brand, have tried Revlon and Conair, whatever has a brush with bristles and a diameter that look good to me. I usually dry my hair about 2/3 with my regular ion dryer then use the round hot air brush for finishing it off.

Oh wow! I bought one of these online a week or so ago and I can't say enough about it. It's a round brush/dryer and the barrel is about 2" across. For the first time in ages my hair is completely frizz free and stays that way all day. It gives me just enough shape to show my layers and curl the bottom under slightly. I now know that for my cruise in November, I can pack this and skip my own hairdryer, my blow dry brush and my straight iron. I got it at Drugstore.com but you can also see it at Amazon.

Some people think it's underpowered, at 500w, but I can get my medium thick hair dry just fine, though it does take a bit longer than with my 1800w dryer, of course. I just clip up the top half of my hair, and dry the underneath part, then let it down and finish.

Hi Amy,

I use one (Jilbere) and love it more than any other hairstyling tool I've tried. Last year on a Baltic cruise I burned it out at the hotel in Copenhagen (onboard the ship wasn't a problem). I always use an adapter but that doesn't help. Unless your brush is dual voltage, be careful! I bought a new one and won't risk taking it on my upcoming November cruise - I found an inexpensive dual voltage flat iron that will have to do!

I have a Conair brand bought on a whim at Target and I love it. It is amazing for my naturally curly hair. I highly recommend all getting one if you have wavy or curly hair.

As previously stated the wattage isn't that high. I usually shower, dress, do my makeup and then use the hot air brush. By the time I get the other things done, my hair is partially dry and the hot air brush has enough wattage to handle it. Honestly, it would take FOREVER if I did it right out of the shower with only a short towel dry.

I have a Conair version of this hair styling tool that I have had for over 15 years! I got it when I got a "Dharma" like haircut. I agree with you...it is a fabulous tool. I'm just not skilled enough to do what the hair stylist can do with a brush and a standard blow dryer...and something like this really helps someone like me.

Thanks to this thread I went out and bought a Revlon Ionic Air Brush that is 1500w. So far I'm liking it... haven't mastered it yet but I love that I'm getting my roots dried much better so that I can have more volume in my hair.

Went to Target and got a Hot Air Brush yesterday , gonna try it this week, also told my daughter and she is going to try mine also , to see if she needs to get one. Anything to make things easier. So Thanks :)

Cori

Got the John Freida and used today for the first time!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the old ( 10+ years old) Conair with the stiff plastic bristles, but these soft bristles are so much better for adding body! :D

After reading the posts on here about the John Frieda brush, I ordered it today. I have a chin length bob and my hair is not really thick, but not thin either. It gets frizzy and has a very slight wave. I'm hoping this works great for me too.

After reading the posts on here about the John Frieda brush, I ordered it today. I have a chin length bob and my hair is not really thick, but not thin either. It gets frizzy and has a very slight wave. I'm hoping this works great for me too.

Sounds like my hair, though mine is a bit longer. I'm thinking of cutting a couple inches off next appointment. I think you'll like it. Let your hair dry 1/2 or 3/4 beore using it, clip the top half up on your head and dry the underneath, then let it down and finish. Be sure to let us know!

Sounds like my hair, though mine is a bit longer. I'm thinking of cutting a couple inches off next appointment. I think you'll like it. Let your hair dry 1/2 or 3/4 beore using it, clip the top half up on your head and dry the underneath, then let it down and finish. Be sure to let us know!

Thanks. I will. I ordered it through Amazon and we have "Prime" so I'll get it on Thursday. I'll try it out Friday am.

Okay. Used it this am. It took about 5 minutes longer than using my dryer alone. Because I was getting ready for work, I used my blow dryer for a few minutes before using the brush. Pinned up the top layer, dried under, then dried the top layer. My hair is so soft and smooth. I really like it. :D

OK I have to order one too, hope can get delivered to Australia! I have used only John Frieda products for my curly frizzy hair for the last couple of years and think they are absolutely the best: secret weapon, dream curls and the serums all work so well so hoping this will be as good. Thanks for the recommendation!

I've never tried the Conair, but I'd be terrified to use a rotating brush dryer, even if the brushes retract. I just know I'd be losing handfuls of hair.

In all seriousness, I love the John Frieda but have no experience with the Conair. I like the lower power on the JF as the last one-handed styler I bought (when I had broken my shoulder and it was one hand or nothing) got so hot it pretty much fried off the lower half of my hair.

I am undecided whethr to buy the John Freida hot air brush or the rotating Conair brush. Any comments?

I went with a Revlon version and love it. it also much more powerful at 1500w.

No revolving anything for me. I can't even use a round brush safely:o

I have the Revlon now http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=346696&catid=183397&aid=338666&aparam=346696

and it's replacing an older conair - all have various heat & power settings, which I like.

That's the one I just got and I'm really likeing it.

I bought mime from Ulta where I knew I could easily return it if I didn't like it.

I bought mime from Ulta where I knew I could easily return it if I didn't like it.

I got mine at Target - ditto on the easy return.:p

Have you used the smaller brush with the hard bristles? I can't figure out what it's supposed to do to my hair:o So I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or it's just something that doesn't work with my cut....

I got mine at Target - ditto on the easy return.:p

Have you used the smaller brush with the hard bristles? I can't figure out what it's supposed to do to my hair:o So I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or it's just something that doesn't work with my cut....

I'm using the one that adjusts in size. I like it best on the larger size. I tried the one with the bristles but didn't care for it. I haven't used the ionized setting since I want the most body I can get out of it. I have fairly long (below shoulder) fine straight hair and I am getting some nice body by drying it while holding it wrapped for 15 seconds per section.

I have long, thick, very curly hair. To straighten it, I blow dry then flat iron using a chi. It is the only thing that works for me that lasts. It takes about 30 minutes to dry my hair and another 30 to flat iron it. I am looking for anything that will do both in a shorter time and keep volume without frizz. Do you guys think this would work for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered the John Frieda air dry bush from Amazon. I have chin length straight hair and wear it in a side part bob style. Will let you know how I like the brush.

I find if I let my hair air dry some with some extra leave-in conditioner and a little clear shine product, my hair is less frizzy after I blow dry it with a large round brush.

I live in Miami, Florida, so I would be curious to see how the John Frieda brush will do in humid weather.

Keep you posted.

Archived