What extras at 350 points, please>

I know we get a second bottle of wine. Are there any other perks?

Dinner with an officer.:) But you don't get to chose.

Upgraded bathroom amenities.

Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members that have 340 or more cruise points.

And just what are upgraded bathroom amenities? Is the dinner on one of the formal nights?

The dinner is whenever they say. If it's dinner with the Captain, then it's on formal night. If not dinner with the Captain, then it may or may not be on formal night.

I'm not sure about the bathroom amenities, which is why I asked Patti about her experience above. I used to think they were the same amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion) that came with a GS or better. They used to be labelled "Gilchrist & Soames", but I read on CC recently that Royal is using another brand now.

There was a time we would get the G&S amenities even if we booked a D/E or JS. Lately, we are just getting the typical amenities (can't remember the brand) that come with a JS.

Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members that have 340 or more cruise points.

You can make a request if there is an officer on board that you know , I am not talking a request for the Captain here:D.

When we were on Allure we found out that an officer we knew from another ship was onboard so we politely requested if she were available that we would love for her to be the officer and that is who we had:).

Actually the benefit is: "Meal" with an officer at 340 or more cruise points. Even though I've had mostly dinners with Captains/officers, on a recent cruise I had lunch with an officer.

My experience also.

It DOES say "meal" with an officer, and it has been lunch at least twice. :)

For the meal with an officer, do you tyically have to request it? We've been on 10 cruises since my BF hit 340 point and have only been invited 3 times; twice with the captain and once with a different officer. All of the cruises have been at least 7-nights.

Thanks!

For the meal with an officer, do you tyically have to request it? We've been on 10 cruises since my BF hit 340 point and have only been invited 3 times; twice with the captain and once with a different officer. All of the cruises have been at least 7-nights.

Thanks!

You should not have to request it. However, you might try asking the LA early in the cruise how they handle the meal with an officer.

My experience also.

It DOES say "meal" with an officer, and it has been lunch at least twice. :)

On my last cruise, a fellow D+ passenger noticed that the coupon book still said 'dinner' and insisted on this being honoured. A change of plan was duly arranged to comply ;)

You should not have to request it. However, you might try asking the LA early in the cruise how they handle the meal with an officer.

Thanks; we'll try to check with the LA. I always wish there was an easier way to contact the LA for this type of query, since they can be very busy and have limited hours of availability. We typically do B2B cruises, so if we can catch them any time during the first cruise and mention our interest in it for the second cruise, that should work too.

I was on Radiance a few weeks ago and had dinner in Chops with the training officer. It was myself and another man. It was very nice.

On my last cruise, a fellow D+ passenger noticed that the coupon book still said 'dinner' and insisted on this being honoured. A change of plan was duly arranged to comply ;)

I don't recall that there is a coupon for meal with an officer. It's only offered to those with 340 points and above. It's by invitation.

I don't recall that there is a coupon for meal with an officer. It's only offered to those with 340 points and above. It's by invitation.

I think they meant that the coupon book has a list of C&A benefits in the back.

Actually the benefit is: "Meal" with an officer at 340 or more cruise points. Even though I've had mostly dinners with Captains/officers, on a recent cruise I had lunch with an officer.

I do apologize, it is Meal with an Officer. It used to be Dinner, but they changed it. It also depends on the ship as to when you will dine and with whom. On our b2b2b on Radiance it was dinner with either the Captain or the Hotel Director. Also had lunch with the Hotel Director on the last cruise.

On our recent Enchantment cruise it was lunch and we were seated with the Chief of Security and his lovely wife. At our table there were 3 couples and at the other table there were 4 couples. I think they split us up by point levels as the one couple at our table just made Pinnacle.

Plus the amenity list is expanded.

Patti, regarding the upgraded bathroom amenities, do you get this regularly? It seems hit or miss with us.

Bob

That's a good question which I can't answer. :o I only copied what was posted on the C&A Member's Benefit page.

Thanks!

Depending on the number of folks on board with 340+ points, our experience has been that a card from the Loyalty Ambassador will be delivered to your cabin giving you a choice of Meal with an Officer, bridge tour, galley tour, behind the scenes tour.

You are given a time frame in which to return the card. And to add, just because you check off Meal with an Officer, doesn't mean it will happen. A lot depends on time and Officer's duties and who is available when.

Depending on the number of folks on board with 340+ points, our experience has been that a card from the Loyalty Ambassador will be delivered to your cabin giving you a choice of Meal with an Officer, bridge tour, galley tour, behind the scenes tour.

You are given a time frame in which to return the card. And to add, just because you check off Meal with an Officer, doesn't mean it will happen. A lot depends on time and Officer's duties and who is available when.

My experience, too, Patti. On one cruise, I received a written apology (I cannot, for the life of me, recall WHO wrote it), saying that because of various circumstances (bad weather? noro outbreak before our cruise? CANNOT remember!), a meal with an officer could not be arranged.

Our officer was once someone from the financial side of RC - the guy who sits behind the Guest Services desk in the secret back room. Fascinating!

On Monarch, the Captain typically does not attend the dinner. The current HD usually hosts it. Before the current HD, it was a variety of 3 stripers, such as the F&B Mgr, Marketing and Revenue, HR, Executive Housekeeper, GSM, etc. Not that sharing dinner with the Captain isn't very enjoyable, but talking with the other department heads is quite interesting.

Thanks!

I agree with you, the "meal" amenity seems to vary from ship to ship. As a matter of fact only when we have been on the FOS have we been invited. If this is a reward for being loyal I feel I should be invited and I will definately not ask to have a meal with an officer. :):)

On Monarch, the Captain typically does not attend the dinner. The current HD usually hosts it. Before the current HD, it was a variety of 3 stripers, such as the F&B Mgr, Marketing and Revenue, HR, Executive Housekeeper, GSM, etc. Not that sharing dinner with the Captain isn't very enjoyable, but talking with the other department heads is quite interesting.

And it actually says "Dinner with an officer on cruise vacations 7-nights or longer" in the back of the coupon book!:D

Plus the amenity list is expanded.

Patti, regarding the upgraded bathroom amenities, do you get this regularly? It seems hit or miss with us.

Bob

We've received the bathroom amenities, even before we reached the 340 mark. A lot of the times, they were already in the bathroom, and on a few occassions we simply had to request them.

On the last cruises they've been in the bathroom upon arrival.

Dining with HD John is such fun! He's a very nice and funny person.

Archived