elite breakfast

mrsmagnolia

I'll copy from one of LSimons earlier descriptions. If you search for Elite Breakfast on this board you will see more:

The food items vary by cruise. It is basically a continental breakfast that is sometimes expanded quite a bit and sometimes very narrow. Usually there are no hot items other than toast. Common items are pastries, muffins, toast, bagels, lox, fruit, cereal and yogurt. They serve espresso based coffees, juices, smoothies, and alcoholic breakfast drinks such as bloody mary or mimosa. While it isn't required or absolutely necessary many people bring a little cash to leave a small tip for the serving staff there.

I'll copy from one of LSimons earlier descriptions. If you search for Elite Breakfast on this board you will see more:

The food items vary by cruise. It is basically a continental breakfast that is sometimes expanded quite a bit and sometimes very narrow. Usually there are no hot items other than toast. Common items are pastries, muffins, toast, bagels, lox, fruit, cereal and yogurt. They serve espresso based coffees, juices, smoothies, and alcoholic breakfast drinks such as bloody mary or mimosa. While it isn't required or absolutely necessary many people bring a little cash to leave a small tip for the serving staff there.

Excellent information. Let me add this: The venue is based on the number of Elites. Usually in Michael's Club if a smaller group. Tuscan Grille for larger groups. Have been held in other Speciality Restaurants as well. The Captain's Club Host or Hostess ids usually there to greet you.

I was on the Silhouette in February. They had the elite breakfast in the Tuscan grille. Usually it's in Michael's club, unless there are too many elite members on the cruise. This was our first time. They serve a continental breakfast. Croissants, danish, rolls, fresh squeezes OJ, tomato juice. The best thing is the coffee. You can order specialty coffee if you want (and it's all free). You cannot bring food from the buffet or MDR with you. Also on the Silly the Tuscan grille is next to Blu if you are Aqua Class. Enjoy!

The primary reason for going to the elite breakfast is the beverage service: smoothies, fresh squeezed OJ, special coffees and mimosas, etc. Everthing else you can find in the breakfast buffet, although the types of pastries may vary.

We usually go to the buffet breakfast then head down to Michaels for a "drink" and some quiet time.

On Summit in February, the Elite breakfast was held in part of the dining room. The food was nothing special, but you could get Mimosas and Bloody Marys. We went a couple of times, but I also carried on champagne and ordered orange juice from room service every morning and made a Mimosa any time I wanted it! YUM!

I was on the Silhouette in February. They had the elite breakfast in the Tuscan grille. Usually it's in Michael's club, unless there are too many elite members on the cruise. This was our first time. They serve a continental breakfast. Croissants, danish, rolls, fresh squeezes OJ, tomato juice. The best thing is the coffee. You can order specialty coffee if you want (and it's all free). You cannot bring food from the buffet or MDR with you. Also on the Silly the Tuscan grille is next to Blu if you are Aqua Class. Enjoy!

can't you bring outside food:confused: One is not allowed to take stuff out but I can't see any reason why one cannot bring in a hard boiled egg, some sausage, or black pudding, eh. ~ Ric

Have seen small packets -- similar to the jam packets or the peanut butter packets -- that's not really the right word, they are single serving containers. I think I've seen them both near the toast station on the buffet and mingled in with the jam and jelly at Elite breakfast on Connie. ( That was probably by request, I'm guessing )

Have seen small packets -- similar to the jam packets or the peanut butter packets -- that's not really the right word, they are single serving containers. I think I've seen them both near the toast station on the buffet and mingled in with the jam and jelly at Elite breakfast on Connie. ( That was probably by request, I'm guessing )

I discovered the stuff in Millennium when she was cruising Australia, it was love at first taste. They now offer Marmite (the British equivulant) on most cruises. Not as tasty, but okay. ~ Ric

Sorry -the thread got muddled and I didn't reference very well. I have seen small packets of Nutella on board, at breakfast near the peanut butter packets on the buffet.

Marmite and other products like that have sometimes been seen on the buffet as well.

I have not seen it on any Celebrity ship. However, I have not done a hard target search for it either. It be good stuff. ~ Ric

Bistro on 5 has it in one of their crepes. It is available in the buffet too just ask for it.

Black Pudding is delicious! They had it on Eclipse in May in the breakfast buffet, but it wasn't the greatest.

Phil

I agree Phil. We had it for lunch on our private tour of the Azores. It was in a private home and none of us wanted to insult the host by being ugly Americans and not trying it. I think we were all glad we did - ours was delicious.

Sue

If the Pudding sits out too long it dries out and is not as good as the fresh warm stuff. ~ Ric

Archived