Review -- Golden Princess to Alaska, July 14-21, 2012

SJSU Dale

Dale,

I love your report and love the humour. Glad to see that there are others who think life should be fun. Makes me wish my cruise was this year rather than next! :)

I have never been on a cruise and I am going on my first next month to Alaska on the Golden.I have enjoyed your review most of the 7 hundred something I have read since Jan.....thankyou.....I know it will be fun

Bluejay, here is another humourous Alaskan cruise review that you might have missed. It is on the Celebrity Infinity but is worth a read:

tripadvisor dot com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k5159065-Trip_Report_Cruising_Alaska-Alaska

Dale,

I love your report and love the humour. Glad to see that there are others who think life should be fun. Makes me wish my cruise was this year rather than next! :)

Bluejay, here is another humourous Alaskan cruise review that you might have missed. It is on the Celebrity Infinity but is worth a read:

tripadvisor dot com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k5159065-Trip_Report_Cruising_Alaska-Alaska

Thanks for the kind words, P-Bear! I had a lot of fun writing it -- it helped me to relive some of the highlights. By the way -- I love the way y'all spell "humour!" I've always felt that second "u" belongs there...

P-BEAR:

This Link does not work:

Sorry, but nothing matches your search for tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k5159065-Trip_Report_Cruising_Alaska-Alaska

P-BEAR:

This Link does not work:

Sorry, but nothing matches your search for tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k5159065-Trip_Report_Cruising_Alaska-Alaska

That is weird they both work for me.

Do a search on the alaska forum of TA for somersetboy " and look in the list (only two things come up) for "Trip report cruising alaska" posted Feb 14 2012 bit refers to his 2010 trip to alaska but still very relevant.

Hands down this was the most entertaining trip report I have ever read. Dale, you have a gift for writing. How do you remember all the fine details of each and ever day??? Ok, you made some up, I get it. ;). If I drank coffee, I would be cleaning it off my keyboard just about now. Instead, my jaws ache from laughing.

I admit that I was shamed into doing the bingo chicken dance on our recent Coral Princess cruise. :eek:

Thanks for sharing (just about everything);)

That was the funniest and most enjoyable review I've read, thanks! We're going on the Glacier Bay itinerary on Star in July next yr. We've done Tracy Arm 3x...you're right, it was the couple hundred bucks :D but this time we're going for the GB!

Yea someone who makes fun of other ethnicities and of those in wheelchairs is always hilarious.

Would love to cruise with this guy i am British and got the joke. Really enjoying this and thanks. For those "offended" for god sake get a life and read something else.

Your review is wonderful. Your wife is a fortunate woman. :)

Thanks for the compliment! I keep telling my wife the same thing but I'm not sure she's buying it.

Seriously, though, when I met my DW she said it was important that I make her laugh. Be careful what you ask for, I say...

Would love to cruise with this guy i am British and got the joke. Really enjoying this and thanks. For those "offended" for god sake get a life and read something else.

I'd love to cruise with Dale. I'm on the Oct 13th California Coastal sailing should you have some free time Dale.....

Dale, I see that you have updated your photo with one of the (how many 100??) photos you bought on this cruise :) Once I realized your humor and "inside" jokes I really enjoyed your review.

Yes, Cruiser -- that picture is one of the ones from our Ultimate Balcony Dinner photo shoot. My DW says we ended up buying ten or eleven photos. We're just doing our part to keep everyone else's cruise prices down!

Thanks for reading my review and for your kind words.

Being one of the "ILS" on this cruise with Dale, I have to say that traveling with him is an experience. Any of you that expressed an interest in cruising with him would not be disappointed. It is really funny watching his wife (our DD) when the jokes start rolling...so do her eyes. She has perfected the art of eye rolling. Looking forward to our next cruise with these two. :D

That was the funniest and most enjoyable review I've read, thanks! We're going on the Glacier Bay itinerary on Star in July next yr. We've done Tracy Arm 3x...you're right, it was the couple hundred bucks :D but this time we're going for the GB!

Thanks for the kind words -- I try. We're thinking of doing B2B Alaskan cruises out of Vancouver next year. We'd really like to see Glacier Bay...

Archived