Costa All Inclusive Drinks Package

stevieboy2k

We were never kept waiting for a top-up, the bottles of wine were left on the table so we could help ourselves, although the waiters did top up in between serving food.

Thats good to hear. We have had excellent staff in the dining room apart form our last one on the Pacifica. They seemed to be doing too many tables, much more than I have noticed on previous cruises. I don't think we would have been topped up regularly on that one. :(

you can look through what packages are available here: http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/before_board/services/SpecialServicesCategories.htm#anchor-ss

if you look under the 'special gifts' section, i believe you will see the package you mention.

Not where I would have thought to look for it. Pleased to see they still have it and thanks for the link. :)

Now the next bit is the decision...... not sailing until March so have time to mull over it.

Thanks to all...this has been an extremely helpful thread!

leaving soon on the costa serena, so does anyone have any recent info specific to the costa serena? any tips welcome. also have several specific questions, if anyone can answer them...guesses also welcome:

1) is the following still true--with the all-inclusive, you CANNOT ask for a bottle of water from bars to, say, take off-ship on an excursion

2) are any non-beverage items included in the AI? (for example, msc included free gelato at the gelato bar with the AI--anything similar on costa?)

3) are any dessert wines available at lunch/dinner in the mdr? (for example, msc often had one passito and one sauternes on the AI wine list in the MDR for both lunch and dinner)

thanks!!

Thanks to all...this has been an extremely helpful thread!

leaving soon on the costa serena, so does anyone have any recent info specific to the costa serena? any tips welcome. also have several specific questions, if anyone can answer them...guesses also welcome:

1) is the following still true--with the all-inclusive, you CANNOT ask for a bottle of water from bars to, say, take off-ship on an excursion

2) are any non-beverage items included in the AI? (for example, msc included free gelato at the gelato bar with the AI--anything similar on costa?)

3) are any dessert wines available at lunch/dinner in the mdr? (for example, msc often had one passito and one sauternes on the AI wine list in the MDR for both lunch and dinner)

thanks!!

Not specific to C.Serena, but based on my recent experience on Fascinosa...

1. True.

2. Nil. (Mr Whippy style available from buffet)

3. No.

Hi, my wife and I too have purchased the AI for our trip to the Far East in December 2013, and I have asked Costa all kinds of questions by email this week, to which they have replied to. I too have never bought one of these before, as we are not big drinkers, but I just though it would be worth a try, and will keep us up a bit later at night, have more nice coffee's and drinks when we like, without thinking about the cost.

Of course, Im still a little worried about my card being charged, with it being the same card as the normal purchase card. I will be watching them like hawks, and I dont want to feel like that.

1) Me: Just to clarify, will we have a total of 3 cards each. One card to get into the room, one card we use to make purchases with, and one card for the all inclusive drinks package?

Costa: Dear Mr, as you will board the ship you will find your Costa Card in your cabin,

one per person, with this card you can:

- open the cabin door;

- open and close the safe in the cabin;

- pay for on board expences;

- use of the on board Totems;

- embark and desembark.

All guests who purchase an all inclusive package have a specific wording

on the back of the card, so it will be enough to show your card to the

waiter. To keep an eye on your cabin account you can use the Totems,

this large touch screen is located in the reception area and also allows

you to book excursions.

2) Me: If I purchase a drink with this card that is supposed to be included, and the waiter decides to charge it instead, how will I know? Will he try to give me a receipt to sign, and if he does, will it show zero owed or an amount for a drink?

Costa: Dear Mr , the waiter will take your card and bring it back to you together with your drink and a receipt showing 0.00

You will just have one card which opens the cabin door, and is also a charge card for all purchases on board. The all-inclusive package will be marked on the back, sometimes with a sticker

The waiters and bartenders will usually swipe your card, and you may or may not get a receipt with 0.00 on it. You can always check your bill, often via the cabin TV, or by stopping by the front desk.

Relax, and enjoy your drinks!

We are boarding Serena on Monday, and we have the all-inclusive drinks package. If anyone wants me to research anything, please let me know.

If you are a wine drinker then I would be keen to know if they leave a bottle at your dining table? Some have said yes while others have only had glasses.

If you are a wine drinker then I would be keen to know if they leave a bottle at your dining table? Some have said yes while others have only had glasses.

We have always had the bottle left on the table but as we both drink red perhaps this is the reason. Last time we were sat with 6 other Brits - some liked red, some liked white and bottles were left on the table.

Last year on Pacifica! they left the bottle nearby, but topped up frequently. I will see if they do the same, or can be induced to leave it on the table this year.

Edited by lisiamc

In regards to whether to buy the drink package in advance or on board, remember that the credit card you provide at embarkation for ALL of your onboard expenses(including drink packages, excursions...) will most likely include a 3% international transaction fee(as most cards do) IF charged or booked onboard. This is because once onboard, all transactions are billed through Costa's country of origin...Italy. This fee can add up quick with all the possible onboard expenses, so it may save you some money to book those things in advance if possible.

You can check with your credit card company and ask if you have an international transaction fee charged for your purchases...both of mine have the 3% fee. So we will at least purchase our drink packages prior to boarding.

In regards to whether to buy the drink package in advance or on board, remember that the credit card you provide at embarkation for ALL of your onboard expenses(including drink packages, excursions...) will most likely include a 3% international transaction fee(as most cards do) IF charged or booked onboard. This is because once onboard, all transactions are billed through Costa's country of origin...Italy. This fee can add up quick with all the possible onboard expenses, so it may save you some money to book those things in advance if possible.

You can check with your credit card company and ask if you have an international transaction fee charged for your purchases...both of mine have the 3% fee. So we will at least purchase our drink packages prior to boarding.

Good thinking…. and if you travel often you should consider applying for a card that waives transaction fees. I have two, the United Mileage Plus Explorer form Chase and the Hilton Honors Visa through Citibank. Your preferred airline and hotel chain likely have something similar…and if you can find a card that has the chip like the Hilton Visa has you're even better off ;)

Update -

I am pleased to report that the waiter got our measure right away, and started leaving the bottle of red on the table by the second night. The white lurks in an ice bucket nearby, and top-ups are frequent. The red of the moment is a drinkable Friuli Cabernet Sauvignon, and the white is a very respectable Chardonnay.

Service in most bars is prompt and friendly, although the Grand Bar Apollo is an exception to this. Bombay Sapphire gin is not included in the package, but Gordon's, Beefeater and one other kind whose name escapes me is. Anything else I should check for anyone?

Anything else I should check for anyone?

Well, since you asked. We'll be boarding the Luminosa for Christmas next week, and I have three questions:

1) Are cappuccinos readily available and included with the AI package?

2) Is there anything to drink that is self serve or does everything require a cruise card and a trip to a bar/counter?

3)Off topic... do you know if there is any type of input connection on the room television(HDMI, composite)? I'm hoping to be able to connect my ipad to it.

Thanks for any info!

Well, since you asked. We'll be boarding the Luminosa for Christmas next week, and I have three questions:

1) Are cappuccinos readily available and included with the AI package?

2) Is there anything to drink that is self serve or does everything require a cruise card and a trip to a bar/counter?

3)Off topic... do you know if there is any type of input connection on the room television(HDMI, composite)? I'm hoping to be able to connect my ipad to it.

Thanks for any info!

1) Yes

2) Regular/Decaf coffee and juice at the buffet and lido area/deck.

3) It's normal flatscreen panels, so it should be possible if you have the appropiate apple kit.

Philip

Just got back from the Deliziosa, and it was Carlsberg.

Philip

Same last year on the Victoria - Carlsberg... only draught.

Hint:

'Specialty coffees' are not included on the AI... so just make your own. I'd make 'Irish Coffee' by ordering: a cappuchino, an expresso, a shot of Jameson whisky and a shot of Baileys Irish Cream. The bartender would put them all together in my travel mug and smile as I signed four 'chits' for $0.00 each.

Same last year on the Victoria - Carlsberg... only draught.

Hint:

'Specialty coffees' are not included on the AI... so just make your own. I'd make 'Irish Coffee' by ordering: a cappuchino, an expresso, a shot of Jameson whisky and a shot of Baileys Irish Cream. The bartender would put them all together in my travel mug and smile as I signed four 'chits' for $0.00 each.

What a great idea - I'll be trying that one :D I've only done it with iced coffee but this could also be adapted, eh?

Update -

I am pleased to report that the waiter got our measure right away, and started leaving the bottle of red on the table by the second night. The white lurks in an ice bucket nearby, and top-ups are frequent. The red of the moment is a drinkable Friuli Cabernet Sauvignon, and the white is a very respectable Chardonnay.

Service in most bars is prompt and friendly, although the Grand Bar Apollo is an exception to this. Bombay Sapphire gin is not included in the package, but Gordon's, Beefeater and one other kind whose name escapes me is. Anything else I should check for anyone?

Shame about the Bombay Sapphire but good news about the wine in the dining room.

Thanks for the post. :)