Copper10-8 Noordam's Capt. in Nov?

Copper 10-8 if you are around, do you know if Capt. Mateboer will be on the Noordam Nov 26..

Reason I'm asking is - Capt. Mateboer graciously autographed three "Peter the Cruise Ship" books for our Great Grandson & mailed them out to me several years ago...Our Great Grandson loves those books ..When the kids were here, I mentioned that when he grew older, he could have our copy of "The Captain's Log".. Would like to take it with us & ask Capt. Mateboer to autograph our's too..

Thanks so much John..:)

If John is not around & anyone else knows the answer, would appreciate your response..

Thanks..:) Betty

Captain Mateboer used to be the alternate Captain with Captain Scott. Captain Mateboer is no longer one of Noordam's Capatain's. A newly promoted Captain is now Noordam's other Captain.

I don't know exactly which is on when.

Isn't John Scott the captain of the Noordam?

He has to have vacations.... time off. :)

All the ships have two Captains so one is Master while the other is off the ship.

Captain Mateboer used to be the alternate Captain with Captain Scott. Captain Mateboer is no longer one of Noordam's Capatain's. A newly promoted Captain is now Noordam's other Captain.

I don't know exactly which is on when.

Thanks, I didn't know he's not on the Noordam any more..Just before we were on the Noordam in 2010 he went on vacation..That's when he sent the books to me...

Sail do you know if Capt. Mateboer on another ship or did he retire?

Thanks..Betty

Isn't John Scott the captain of the Noordam?

All HAL ships have two Capt's, both are equal...I believe each one does an 8-10 month stint..

When one is on vcatiuon the other takes over..Capt. Scott was our Capt. when Capt. Mateboer was on vacation..Capt Mateboer left on March 16, 2012 & Capt. Scott took over..I figuered Capt Mateboer was due back sometime in Nov, but now Sail says he left for good..

Capt. Mateboer actually oversaw the building of the Noordam & I if I'm not mistaken, believe he took it out on it's Maiden voyage..

Cheers...:)Betty

With some variance, Captains usually are on for three months, off for three months.

Not to be correcting, Betty, but for the sake of accuracy, Captain John Scott oversaw building of Noordam at Fincantieri and he was the 'take out Captain.' I know this for sure. ;)

When the kids were here, I mentioned that when he grew older, he could have our copy of "The Captain's Log".. Would like to take it with us & ask Capt. Mateboer to autograph our's too..

When we were on the Noordam in January of this year, Capt. Mateboer told my wife and I that his new book would be released "soon"--The Captain's Journey. It's OK, but we like The Captain's Log better.

When we sailed Noordam this past March 2012, Captain Matteboer was our Captain on the Noordam. He autographed my Book, The Captain's Log. He, at that time, mentioned that he'd be going on vacation for a few weeks, but gave no indication of when he'd be back on board her.

Joanie

With some variance, Captains usually are on for three months, off for three months.

Not to be correcting, Betty, but for the sake of accuracy, Captain John Scott oversaw building of Noordam at Fincantieri and he was the 'take out Captain.' I know this for sure. ;)

Sorry I stand corrected on both counts:

I always thought it was Capt. Mateboer who was the take out Capt..

If the Capt's only do three months then does anyone know who the Capt. is now?

Thanks Sail for setting me straight..:)

The rotation is more like three months on, then a similar period off.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen..Do you know which ship Capt. Mateboer is now on?

We enjoy Capt. Scott too! He performed our ROV on the Noordam last time & was very charming..

Sorry to hear that HAL is pulling out of Bermuda next year..We loved our cruise there..You have a beautiful country & your people are so nice..

When we were on the Noordam in January of this year, Capt. Mateboer told my wife and I that his new book would be released "soon"--The Captain's Journey. It's OK, but we like The Captain's Log better.

Yes, we agree with you; "The Captains Log" was very funny & I constantly laughed out loud "the "Captains Journey" seemed to be more serious..

If you have little ones in your family, do look into his three "Peter the cruise ship" Books.. We got all three of them for our GG & he loves them..

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=peter+the+cruise+ship

Capt. Hans Mateboer, the author, will be going to Rotterdam

I've got his latest book, the Captain's Journal, with me on Maasdam; another funny book! Great writing style!:)

Noordam's two captains are John Scott (still) and, currently, Capt. Bas van Dreumel (newly promoted). He's not staying long however, as Capt. Robert Jan Kan takes over the helm in the Fall

Capt. Hans Mateboer, the author, will be going to Rotterdam

I've got his latest book, the Captain's Journal, with me on Maasdam; another funny book! Great writing style!:)

Noordam's two captains are John Scott (still) and, currently, Capt. Bas van Dreumel (newly promoted). He's not staying long however, as Capt. Robert Jan Kan takes over the helm in the Fall

Thanks Copper10-8..Am I corrtect in assuming Capt Robert Jan Kan will be on the Noordam late Nov. until Dec. 15 or will Capt. Scott be our Master?

Thanks..:)Betty

Thanks Copper10-8..Am I corrtect in assuming Capt Robert Jan Kan will be on the Noordam late Nov. until Dec. 15 or will Capt. Scott be our Master?

Thanks..:)Betty

Capt. Robert Jan Kan is scheduled to be your captain, always subject to change!

We got off in Rome on July 7 and at the "Driving the hotel" talk, Captain Scott mentioned that he would be going on vacation when the ship docked in Barcelona in a few days. CD Eric got off the same day we did for 3 months in Georgia, USA.

If Captain Scott is gone for three months, he should be back (fingers crossed) in time for the TA and then November in the Caribbean.

There was a lot of discussion regarding him taking the ship for it's sea trials and being in the yard with her and how the packaging for the furnishings was higher than the bridge. (10 decks high)

A silly question, I know, but does Capt. Kan pronounce his name like the Star Trek character does (as in "The Wrath of Kahn." :D

Over the MS Rotterdam's public address system, his name sounded more like that of the eponymous hero of Coleridge's poem than a metal container of beer.

Archived